What was the last comic book/manga you read?

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
Wolverine & the X-Men #1, apparently the X-Men split up and Wolverine is starting his own school...and Jean Grey's dead now? but she has a sexy younger sister? Emma Frost is not around for some reason and I'm not sure if Prof X is dead and he got a younger clone or if he's reversed aged and walking now...but he's not in the picture.

Jeez, I really have not kept up with X-Men...

loudestmute

Oct 21, 2008
Can't remember the last manga I read, though it was probably something along the lines of Petshop of Horrors to impress my then-girlfriend. Comic books, Hardcover Book 1 of the Preacher series was my last big read, though I'm still working my way through Black Hole whenever I remember I'd like to see David Fincher do something productive with all these licenses he's picking up.

Oh, and I also keep up on Deadpool issues whenever the Barnes and Noble in my area can be arsed to stock them. Seriously, it's the least you could do after driving Borders out of business.

ToAsTy McBuTTeR

May 27, 2009
dont know if anyone mentioned it already, but for me it was Atomic Robo and i fully endorse it and suggest everyone else become an immediate fan.

if you dont like it, you must suck hard.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Last manga?

Er..

I think it was BLAME. Neat architecture and sweeeeet designs, meh story and too many boring invincible characters (and when they arent that, they are dead). Lost interest when another OP borg-girl basically wiped out a city in seconds with BS weaponry.

Its as if the author really, REALLY didnt want the reader to care/connect to anyone.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
I was actually just finishing the most recent chapter of the manga version of Maximum Ride (yes, it exists).

Before that?

^.^ AND I LOVE IT!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Detective Conan. I probably have about 30 volumes of them.

My father goes to Asia a lot and picks up about 5 volumes per trip.

and thank goodness its really cheap over there.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Hellsing 10, I haven't picked up a print comic in a while, just web comics.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Crimson_Dragoon said:
The latest issue of Kick-Ass 2. Don't think I'm liking this one as much as the first. I must be getting Mark Millar'd out.

Also, yay!, someone else read the Amalgam comics. Honestly they're kind of cruddy, but in a very fun way. It always makes me wish DC and Marvel would go back to doing crossovers.
Yeah, I know they're not benchmarks of storytelling or anything like that, but as you said, they're fun. Also, it's fun to look through it and pick out the amalgamated characters you can find.

The Sandman/Plastic man mix got a laugh out of me. Seriously, Siliconman? Ha.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
I'm reading the Berserk manga, and whoooo boy is it different from the anime!

So far I've learned that king is an incestuous pig, Casca almost gets raped multiple times (then the Eclipse happens. Granted that was in the anime, except this time it was more brutal), the Skull Knight is a BAMF, and there's a society of elves who used to be kids who kill and rape each other as a game.

I'm afraid as to what lies ahead to be honest.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison. The videogame Arkham Asylum is loosely based on this. It has a really surreal horror inspired art style and a deep psychological themes. I really enjoyed it.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Johnny The Homicidal Maniac.
I thought it was about time for me to buy and read it.
It was pretty damn good.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
Almost every wednesday I read the latest of 3 manga. Bleach, naruto and histories strongest disciple kenichi. Also every month (or whenever they come out) I buy the latest deadpool and venom comics. They are all awesome and worth every penny. Especially deadpool, honestly. He pulled "the ol' switcharoo" dressed up as queen elizabeth after breaking out of an insane asylum. Talk about awesome