What was the last game you completed and how did you rate it?

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
For me it was Space Marine by THQ.

Enjoyable game, did exactly what it said on the tin. Straight forward mentally unchallenging violence and gore fest. I enjoyed it mainly because i am a fan of the Lore though. Also thought it was a bit short, but the end battle is enjoyable.

I'd give it 8/10

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
I think is because that game is more focused on Multiplayer... anyway.

My last game I played and finished it's:
The Darkness, an old game I bought long time ago for $9. Anyway I think this game is an underrated game. It has a solid story, good graphics and it has variety on the gameplay.
I will give it a 9/10

My last Xbla game was Stacking, the game is not that good, but it is entertaining 6.5/10

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Dark Void
I picked it up a while ago because it was just $5 and I've played it through twice now. Definately underrated. As long as you stay away from the shitty cover based shooting (it's not special or neccesary) the ground combat is great; robots die when they should and don't pull off cheat shots. Verticle combat isn't great, but they're not trying to sell it as a main point of the game so it works in it quantity. Air combat is fun--probably because it's extremely simular to Crimson Skies (aka the best flight combat game ever). The unupgraded jetpack is really shitty in dog fights against flying saucers, but it gets better. My only three gripes are that you're never given the opprotunity to strafe, the games way too short and often seems like whole scenes and missions had been cut out, and that there hasn't been a sequel.

The journey man

Webcomic Aficionado
Jun 18, 2011
Dear Esther
It was a poetic journey that was quite thought provoking but I'm not sure if it could be called a game in the traditional sense.

8.75/10

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The Darkness 2, it was pretty damn awesome if a bit short, the story manages to hold most of the emotional weight that the original Darkness had and the gameplay is damn amazing while being quite challenging. With the upgrades actually being necessary rather than just being there for no reason.

ImProvGamr

Feb 2, 2012
I've got two games I finished at about the same time.

One was Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's good points were that it had some really fun puzzles, innovative controls for puzzle-solving and platforming, all of the sections in the Silent Realm, and Impa and Groose (don't look at me like that; I thought he had some decent character development throughout, and he was way more interesting than Zelda was). On the downside, it had shitty combat controls, items that were were STAGGERINGLY underwhelming (I'm looking at you, whip and gallow's bellow), and Fi. Overall, I'd gave it about a 7/10.

I also played Sword & Sworcery for the iPhone, the only game that has EVER told me to go and do something else for two weeks. I was really impressed by the music and atmosphere of the game, the surreal boss fight and puzzle sections, the story, the art design, and the overall uniqueness of the experience. I wasn't so hot about the support characters and the character design in general, but it wasn't so much that they were bad as that they were somewhat underwhelming compared to how great everything else in the game was. My score for it is 9.5/10. Seriously. Pick this up NOW, it's only like $5.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII-2. Not utterly fantastic but a reasonably fun game. Made up a little drinking game for it as well. Take a drink everytime someone mentions the word "Paradox". You'll get drunk pretty damn quickly.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Last game I finished was MW3, I believe. A fitting end to an epic trilogy, it gave the best WWIII experience since "World in Conflict".

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
The last game I played and beat is Darkness II. I'd have to say, whereas it was fun (a lot more fun than I found Assassin's Creed Revelations to be) it was short, repetitive, and way too easy (see also: Assassin's Creed).

I am currently playing Skyrim (I'm behind the times) and like all Bethesda RPGs, I have to keep asking myself whether I'm playing an action game in a fantasy setting or the Sims....

Skin

Dec 28, 2011
Dark Souls. 10/10. Challenge without ball breaking frustration, and some actual depth as opposed to "jump platform to platform without touching spikes".

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Deus Ex:HR (I know it came out ages ago but I only picked it up after christmas)
one of the only game I've played stealthily, but it did get a bit repetitive and the boss battles, oh the boss battles!

7.5/10

Astro

Feb 15, 2012
Dear Esther:

it's hard to make any meaningful critique of Dear Esther because it doesn't really have a set story and it doesn't really have gameplay, it's focused on ambiguity, which personally I don't think adds anything to a whole story. It's nice when some things aren't black and white or can differ in minor details depending on a person-to-person basis, but Dear Esther just doesn't really give you enough information or have enough logical consistency to form the supposed narrative. Anyway, the storytelling is quite effective in how it revels in the fine details as you slowly drag your feet around an island, giving you just enough time to think about them before it contradicts itself on purpose. Some of the fine details really reminded me of Valve, appropriately placed pieces of integral context that only happen to be in the same area as you're passing through, it's refreshing when games don't make you the chosen one in the first hour of them before you even do anything. The environments are quite strikingly well-designed, I especially liked a beach segment because the beach actually looked like a beach rather than a regular area with yellow dirt and a giant puddle. It's decently written for the style of game and the music and atmosphere is nothing short of solid. It occurs to me that I don't really have anything outright bad to say about Dear Esther, but I don't think it's an amazing game, it's just limited. There isn't much to say about it because it doesn't have much in it. But overall I liked Dear Esther, it isn't the emotional thrill-ride I've heard about but it's tightly designed (it damn well better be tightly designed for a game that might last you less than an hour) and interesting. It isn't really fair to give art games a score, especially not one like Dear Esther, but 7.2 for the sake of the thread.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Well, I finally got around to beating Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure (I was on the last level and I'd stopped playing for a long time)

I give it a 7.5 out of 10. The game was pretty easy, but that didn't mean it wasn't fun. I wished they would have had a few more battles or quiz games rather than the majority of the Pokemon wanting to play "Chase" and some of the mechanics for the Attractions were annoying (like the ones that just involve pumping the wiimote as fast as you can)

But the worlds were well designed, the Pokemon wandering around gave it a good sense of childlike wonder, the mechanics mostly worked, and...yeah. It was just kinda fun.

I really enjoyed it, I've already got the second one pre-ordered and it seems like it's gonna fix a lot of the problems the first one had.

So yeah, 7.5 out of 10. Good score, good foundation for improvement. I hope to see more of this series down the line.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I think the last game I actually finished was Sonic CD on Steam. It's a pretty decent game - short, like a lot of 1993 games were, but still fun nonetheless. It was even ported really well. However, it does take an irritatingly good memory in order to get the best ending... 9/10, definitely worth the money.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Modern Warfare 3. I'd give it 7/10. I would rate it more generously if it was longer, but it was good anyway. The ending was the best climax since MW2, and that was fuckin' awesome.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Overlord. I picked it up on Steam for like three bucks during one of their Christmas sales. Quite a good little title. I like the way it makes fun of all the "heroes." Throwing waves of expendable goons at whatever is in front of you is a satisfying and believable thing for a Dark Lord to do. I enjoyed the hell out of Pikmin and Overlord is very much like it.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
Resident Evil Revelations:

I really liked it, and it was actually scary again. I still kinda miss the epicness of 4 and 5 a little, and its hardly original, but theres a lot of things there that are really good.

8/10!