What was the last game you failed to complete ?

Pjotr84

Oct 22, 2009
Stormrise on the PC. Who thought those control mechanics were a good idea on the PC?

Bestival

May 5, 2012
I did a bit of a deleting spree yesterday to clear up some disk space, and in that Deus Ex: HR and Bioshock 2 both bit the unfinished dust.

It's rare for me not to finish a game, but DE:HR just went too 180 on boss fights for me to remotely be bothered to continue after getting oneshot by the second boss.

I don't really know why I never felt compelled to finish Bioshock 2... Didn't finish the first one either for some reason. Absolutely adore the atmosphere in both games, but with both of them I just closed them after a two hour session and then never felt compelled to start them up again.

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
Earthworm Jim. It's a good game but if you lose all your lives you forced to start at the beginning of the game and I really can't be bothered doing the same levels I already completed over and over again.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Chrono Trigger maybe? I think that might be the one I started latest... I'm stuck on some mountain- the boss at the top is too strong, and climbing all the way back down to grind would take forever. I've noticed it tends to happen when I'm playing JRPGs, I'll hit some kind of difficulty wall and just loose all interest. Really need to go back and beat it...

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
Yakuza Dead Souls, I've actually just gone back to it now since launch.

Though there are other games I was meant to go back an finish little bits before finishing the game, such as collect all the tech orbs in Enslaved before doing the last level and A rank each level in Ninja Blade before doing the last level, but I just can't be bothered.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Many games so I will tell the recent one:
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2.
No because it was difficult or boring, but I didn't have enough time to play it for some weeks. Maybe I will start again in the future.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Burig said:
From Dust - Was just broken, annoying, and I didn't want to see the same. damn. cutscene. over and over again when I needed to restart. Got so annoyed with it I actually uninstalled it.
May I ask what was broken about it?I finished the 360 version a couple of weeks ago and I can't recall any problems with it

OT:Castlevania:Lords of Shadow - Got about half way through and stopped playing.Can't remember why to be honest

Might and Magic:Clash of Heroes - Got stuck on the boss of the Underworld campaign(Ludmilla?Lucilla?Whatever her name is she's a bloody pain)

Ed Classified

May 1, 2011
Far Cry 2,

I initially picked it up for the Map Editor, but I decided to give the Campaign a try.
After doing some rather boring missions I started to get annoyed by the fact that every single person you encounter tries
to run you off the road and murder you.

A couple of hours later I was killed after having to abandon my car for the umpteenth time that trip and just gave up.
The game had some neat ideas and mechanics, but exploring isn't fun if the only thing you'll find will be more murderers.
It makes the world your in seem very unpleasant.

This single flaw made it feel like I wasn't welcome to explore the world of Far Cry 2, so I took the hint and stopped playing.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
*Insert flame shield* I think that was Chrono Trigger on the DS that my bro got me last Christmas. I don't know why, I guess I just lost interest and I couldn't prioritize myself when several side quests pop up before you face the final boss. I did a few but then some of them got harder and I couldn't figure out the order which sidequests I should played first or which to do next when finish one of them.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
Well there are a lot of games I intend to go back and finish eventually, but the only one I don't want to finish is RDR. Marston handles like ass, the horse kills itself every chance it gets, Liar's Dice actually made me brake my brother's copy (still feel like shit about that) and the ending was spoiled.
I finished it more or less DESPITE all those things. Except I liked Liar's Dice. XD But otherwise, yeah, those are all huge problems with the game. Well, not the ending being spoiled. That's more a problem with people sucking.

Also, another annoying point:
"Do this quest for me ad I'll help you."
"Okay, but if you dick me around again, I'll kill you."
(One quest later)
"Do this OTHER quest for me and I'll help you."
"Okay, but if you dick me around again, I'll kill you."

On topic...

Well, I haven't finished Breath of Death VII or Cthulhu Saves the World yet. Oh, and I got sidetracked on Dungeon Defenders.

That's about it.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
Level 15 - Clearing a path on Stronghold has temporarily defeated me. I beat it as a child but since then a patch has come out which makes it significantly harder. Stupidly fucking harder to be honest.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
I just couldn't bring myself to keep playing Stalker Clear Sky or the WarCraft II expansion. I did not like Stalker enough to keep playing but it was a friends game so I doesn't bother me. For the Warcraft expansion I had played so much WarCraft that playing the expansion was like pulling teeth.

It's very seldom I don't finish a game. I beat StarCraft over a ten year time frame of playing off and on and the same with Thief.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Prince of Persia - Warrior Within. It took all the characters, designs and music I loved, and threw them out of the window so we had generic teen ragetastic hero, women with no character and minimal clothing, and generic fantasy art and design. I tried to hang in there with it, but I just felt more and more pushed away by the obnoxious elements that had pushed aside the stuff I had loved, until I just gave up.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Hmm... well I'm currently playing Half Life 2 (as in, I've played it for a couple of hours at the weekend) and I don't think I'll be finishing it. I don't know, it just seems a bit outdated compared to games from nowadays.

Also Ocarina of Time 3D for pretty much the same reason, it just doesn't seem to live up to current generation games.

So that's two hugely popular games I've decided aren't good enough to be completed, flame shield is up.