What was the most satisfying weapon you've used in a game?

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
For me it would be any type of mech. Seriously its a giant fucking robot who wouldn't enjoy piloting that. Though a close second would be the gravity gun from Half Life 2. It's just so damn fun to launch dumpsters at your enemies.

thatonedude11

Mar 6, 2011
The shotguns in Killing Floor, especially the Hunting Shotgun and the AA-12. Killing floor in general has really satisfying weapons, with fantastic sound design, but nothing comes close to killing huge amounts of clots in one shot.

The Power Axe and Thunder Hammer from Warhammer 40k: Space Marine are some of the most fun and gruesome melee weapons I have ever used in a video game. Slicing through hundreds of Orks never felt so good.

Mass Effect 3 has some really fun guns, but I think the N7 Typhoon takes the cake, especially when playing as the N7 Destroyer in multiplayer. The amount of damage that weapon outputs is insane, and the huge recoil makes it even more fun.

PCG342

May 21, 2012
What the hell is wrong with you people? Why has nobody mentioned the Eightball from Unreal, the Rail Driver from the original Red Faction, (or for that matter the Fusion Rocket Launcher), and last but not least: Berserk mode in DOOM/DOOM II!?

Ihrgoth

Oct 8, 2012
the revolver in deus ex human revolution just had the most satisfying feel when you fire it. You feel like it could kill, you feel like you are firing a gun. All around it felt good.

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I would say the overdrive of the Ifrite in Final Fantasy X the guy blows the enemy up into the air and then throws the stage at them how fucking awesome is that

And the combat shotgun from fallout 3 and all of them from New Vegas. Just nothing says Fuck you like a shotgun to the face, by the way I don't use vats its a waste of skill.

[youtube=9uO9P38-8bw

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Saints Row 4's Dubstep Gun. When I got to have a go at PAX Aus I had a grin from ear to ear, pure euphoria. But then I'm like the only person that likes dubstep.