What was the worst game that you pre-ordered?

Jerrin Chambers

Apr 16, 2013
Mine was RE5. Hell I even bought the guide book because I thought I was going to be scared out of my mind... it was a poor life choice.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Final Fantasy 13.

And I actually liked it, I just didn't enjoy it as much as my other pre-orders.
I've not really pre-ordered games that I'd find bad, truth be told.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

...on the Wii. I was a dumb teenager with too much access to money.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Hmm, that's a hard question. I think it is Portal 2. I loved the game from start to finish. It just so happens to have been the only game I preordered. Well, that and the Witcher 3, but I cannot yet talk about that as it's yet to be released.

If we count Kickstarters as pre-orders, then in that case, I'd definitely go with Divinity: Original Sin. It's another one I loved for pretty much the whole journey. It would be the second game after Portal 2 I've preordered and has been released and out of the two, I think I liked Portal 2 more.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Mine would be Halo 4, but it was no accident. I fully knew that it would be bad[footnote]Well, bad as in it will be insulting to somebody who is dedicated to the series, and that it will not have respect for what worked for the most part and instead try to insert bullshit fanfiction into the story wherever 343's tendrils can reach.[/footnote] but I wasn't expecting it to be the, to quote Lindsay Ellis' opinion on Man of Steel, "slow burn of what-the-fuckery" that it was. Let's just say that I've only stopped being irritated thinking about it because I've replayed it as part of the Master Chief Collection and I've come to terms with what worked and what didn't.

On its own merits, Halo 4 is a just below average shooter, no different from most of the AAA shooters of the time. That is sad.

It looks pretty fucking gorgeous though.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Need for speed the Run. It ran like utter crap on my laptop while Driver San Fransisco that came out the same year ran like a Dream. I'm not to mad about the pre-order because I preordred SSX deadly decent, canceled that but Origin still sent the game for free. So I went 50/50 ON preorders that year from Origin.

TristanBelmont

Nov 29, 2013
Watch_Dogs.
Because I pre-ordered it immediately after that first E3 presentation (mostly because I was on such a Person of Interest binge around that point) and kinda just...forgot about it.
I'll let you figure out why.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Duke Nukem Forever. I really wanted that special edition statue. I played the demo for owning Borderlands GOTY, and I knew it was going to be shit, but I couldn't bring myself to cancel the order.

G00N3R7883

Feb 16, 2011
Aliens Colonial Marines. I don't think I need to explain why.

It was also the last game I preordered.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor for the PS3. I don't usually go in much for pre-ordering - there's not often a lot of stuff I can either afford to pre-order or really care to pre-order - but I took a gamble with Shadow of Mordor and it didn't pay off. While I'm sure the game is as good as people think on current gen systems like the PS4 and Xbox One, the last-gen port is truly dreadful in how badly it's been optimised. Framerate drops, sound issues, freezing, crashing and texture issues aren't much fun. Ah well, never mind.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

...on the Wii. I was a dumb teenager with too much access to money.
You think that is bad. Let me tell you about the last game I ever pre-ordered. Star Wars: The force unleashed 2! Now that was a real kick in the balls.

Of cause I must confess that while I have a no pre-order policy these days I will be pre-buying The Witcher 3 on Steam sometime before the release date but that is only because of the price reduction involved. Pre-order reduction combined with the reduction for owning The Witcher 1 & 2 will net me 15% off.

Wyane380

Feb 27, 2009
Resident Evil 6. I was looking for 4 and would settle for 5, but ended up selling it back after a few days.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Shadow the Hedgehog for the Playstation 2. I was young, naive, and a Sonic the Hedgehog fan after growing up with the classic series. I found Shadow and alright character and decided to preorder this new game. I had no real internet access to check on things, in fact I was still running Dial-up at the time. Well when the game finally came I decided to 100% it...and regretted everything. The guns function properly, but everything else I found just terrible. Shadow never stops move and slides around too much; the entire story is retarded beyond all other levels with only Sonic 06 having a worse plot in my opinion; the "choose your own ending" is a lie because of the fact that their is a Final Story; finally it tried so hard to make Shadow look "hardcore" and "awesome" but all it succeeded in doing was making me see how much of an overrated character he is, so I suppose I should thank the game for that. Honestly I never want to play it again, but I have to since I LP games in order and have currently hit the dark age of Sonic. On the bright side, at least Sonic 06 is done...

Did I also forget to mention, this Shadow the Hedgehog was the first ever game I preordered? :3

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
that would be battlefield 4, or TW:rome 2. both were fucking disasters at launch, and i've never wanted to go back and play them again

jackknife402

Aug 25, 2008
X:Rebirth comes to mind as it was buggy as hell, ran like crap and hardly any of the features that were said to be in it were barely fleshed out. Hell it took them 2 months to get trade working properly. That and the "everything comes from something" was obviously not there. Nothing you did mattered. I really hope with 3.0 coming out the game will finally be half of what it was promised.

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
Duke Nukem Forever.
After 12 years in development, it had better be good.
Unfortunately it wasn't

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
The worst pre-order I made, was also the best.

I don't pre-order as a rule, but I just knew I was going to like XCOM:EU and I wasn't disappointed.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Well, I've only ever pre-ordered three games (Dead Space 2, Portal 2, and Saints Row The Third), and I enjoyed all of them, so calling any of them the "worst" would be somewhat inaccurate. But I suppose of the three, Saints Row was the least amazing, and because of that game's awful DLC practices I couldn't help but feel that I'd wasted my money with the pre-order (again; it's still a fun game, but holy shit, how little respect can a game have for its early adopters?). In fact, I felt so burned by this that I'm probably never going to pre-order a AAA game again, so, thanks for that Saints Row!

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Halo: The Master Chief Collection. My friend and I can't connect to each other and the game crashes when we play on the same console (online or campaign).
It's been 4 weeks since release and we bought it digitally, so no returns.
It'll be fixed eventually. Right?