What was the worst game that you pre-ordered?

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Borderlands 2. I bought the goddamn loot chest and a season pass and haven't played beyond DLC2. That regret did teach me something though since I cancelled my A:CM special edition preorder just before release.

dohnut king

Sep 22, 2014
Master of Orion 3, which kept me from pre-ordering any other game until Dragon Age 2, which was okay but disappointing given my expectations based on its predecessor.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
KingsGambit said:
Quellist said:
Jerrin Chambers said:
Mine was RE5. Hell I even bought the guide book because I thought I was going to be scared out of my mind... it was a poor life choice.
Oddly enough i found 5 the most fun of the whole series, but then my best friend and i bought copies together and played the whole thing online co-op so we didnt have any of the companion issues.

Res 6 is the worst pre-order i ever made and pretty much killed the franchise for me

Honorable mention to Brink...the so called 'seamless single/multiplayer' experience that was anything but
You can answer something for me then! I tried RE6 coop with a friend yesterday, and it was a miserable, boring experience. Opening with unskippable cutscenes and 20 minutes of gameplay which consisted almost entirely of following on-screen prompts to push a button or waggle a thumbstick, it was almost an hour before we were able to actually both be playing coop. And when we did, it still meant being forced to walk and unable to shoot until the game let you. And then it was a confusing, dark and dreary run through a college campus with an FoV that let us see about 10 feet in front of us and no more.

What I'm asking is...does the game ever actually get good, or is this first 2 hour experience indicative of what's to follow? Seeing Leon back makes me think I could give it a go, but the first 2 hours was so tortuously bad I'm not sure if it's a worthwhile venture.

For the other, I think RE4 is my favourite. It did so much right and defined a genre. RE5 was very good too, but did have some frustrations. Playing it in coop tho fixes much of it and is a very enjoyable, well paced experience.
Sorry for belated reply...

Also sorry i cant help you, i didnt get much further than you did in 6. It had at least one passable puzzle that i found but the rest of it was pure misery and one bossfight in particular killed it for me, i forget what i was fighting, some fat guy, but it was in an enclosed space, the camera angles were torture and all i seemed to do was bump into him all the time...It was 5 i enjoyed not 6...

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
Dragon Age 2: I paid $30 too much for it, and the game that caused me to stop pre-ordering games altogether. FUCK.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
I don't normaly preorder
I enjoyed Tropico 3, and Port Royal and everything I played from Kalpso up to this point.
Figued I would preorder Legends of Pegasus from them.

If you have never heard of it.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/legends-of-pegasus

At launch the camapin was broken in severl places with no victory conditions for a few misisons.

Multiplier was non functioning

AI for single quick play was not implemented and never built anything.

Several featues listed on the stem page showed no signs of implantation.

It also costed $30

Shortly after

http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=15885

Several features never made it into the game, and it's still a broken pile of crud now gone from the steam store

Now back to never pe-ordering again, and never buying a Kalapso game again, not because the game was bad but because it so blatantly lied to consumers.

purplemonkey555

Aug 23, 2013
Jerrin Chambers said:
Mine was RE5. Hell I even bought the guide book because I thought I was going to be scared out of my mind... it was a poor life choice.
I actually enjoyed RE5, but that may be because I played it exclusively splitscreen with a buddy.

On Topic: Dead Space 3.

Just, man what a letdown. I loved the first two games, and I convinced a friend to preorder with me so we could play the Co-Op online. I woke up feeling absolutely terrible that day, but walked out to the store to get it regardless, because I was so pumped to play it. Then we played through the game and found out that it wasn't even trying to be scary anymore, and it felt like Gears of Deadspace. Do not regret trading that one in.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
soren7550 said:
*tries to psychicly strangle Pinkie Pyro through the internet*
*pats on head*
There there. I know many people who didn't know about this deal because Toys R Us didn't really advertise it too much. I'm sure they sell them online somewhere. :3

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
Neronium said:
soren7550 said:
*tries to psychicly strangle Pinkie Pyro through the internet*
*pats on head*
There there. I know many people who didn't know about this deal because Toys R Us didn't really advertise it too much. I'm sure they sell them online somewhere. :3
I assume they will be made available though amazon as the plushies have Pokemon center tags which although the pokemon center stores physically no longer in the USA still exist in japan and can most of the merch is purchasable on amazon

FenrirWulf

Jun 21, 2014
cleric of the order said:
C&c red alert 3.
It could never, ever live up to RA 2.
It was such a shame too.
My dad got drunk and left me at the story for an hour or two.
I think the whole thing closed down while I was waiting for him o pick me up.
All in All it was not a good day.
Nothing will beat RA2 but at least RA3 is enjoyable to some degree thanks to Tim Curry and George Takei (and Rick Flair in the expansion), although Jenny McCarthy was a goddam error.
I preordered C&C4 and it came with the soundtrack. Literally only one of two things that the game has going for it (the other being Joe Kucan, as always). The game got turned into a half baked Starcraft ripoff and basically doesn't feature the ONE thing that defines C&C, base building. Fuck that game.