What was your favorite platform-game??

tindol_1

Dec 30, 2008
seriously, platform games, back in the day mind you, we're the most fun a six year old could have with his game consol. take the mario series, or hell, even the samus series. i think we should bring them back.

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
tindol_1 said:
seriously, platform games, back in the day mind you, we're the most fun a six year old could have with his game consol. take the mario series, or hell, even the samus series. i think we should bring them back.
I still play Mario. I have a Gameboy Advance with Super-Mario Deluxe in by my PC so I can play through one level while I'm waiting for a game to load.

EDIT: I am really tempted to unleash my inner Grammar Nazi. So I will.

Your post should have been worded as follows:

"Seriously, platform games, back in the day mind you, were the most fun a six year old could have with his game console. Take the Mario series, or hell, even the Samus series. I think we should bring them back."

tindol_1

Dec 30, 2008
hell yeah, super mario 64 was the 1st game i ever beat without anyone's help. it still stands the test of time. but fuck super mario galaxy

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Super Mario Bros.(NES) and Donkey Kong Country(SNES) are a couple of my favourites

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
MediEvil 2. Nothing says platform jumping than hopping around rowboats suspended in mid-air, for example.

Librarian Mike

May 16, 2008
The original Prince of Persia just blew me away the first time I saw it. I remember thinking how realistic it looked. It's still a lot of fun today.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
I'll always love Flashback and Super Mario World. Flashback for the most amazing "real" experience I'd had in a game up until that point, and Super Mario World as a culmination of all the "fun" platforming that came before it.

- J

wazzaman

Jan 6, 2009
Jim power in the lost dimension in 3-d.... long title and it was (and still is) the hardest game i have ever played, i still love it though.

Darth Marsden

Sep 12, 2008
I love the good old fashioned style platformer. Especially ones that follow the Mario 64 route - there are X number of Y in the level, go through a bunch of challenges to get them all. Love 'em. Seem to be hard to track down these days, but if you're willing to look hard enough, you can find a fair few, mostly on the PS2.

Games like that include the other 3D Super Mario games (obviously), the original Jak and Daxter, Vexx, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Pac-Man World (to a degree), Rayman 2 (or Revolution, it's an excellent remake), both Wallace & Gromit games, the Tak series and about 80% of animated film tie-ins. Ratatouille was a good example of this.

I'd recommend Jak & Daxter, Vexx and the Tak series. Shouldn't be too expensive these days.