What was your first ever console and game?

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Sega Genesis with Sonic 2.

I became a Nintendo kid as the console generations progressed but I've always had a soft spot for Sonic from my earliest days.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The NES when I was 5 and Megaman was my first game ever, and that shit was hard!

I know that Mario was on it, but Megaman had the weirdest box art and I had to play it for that reason.

LewHammer

Feb 13, 2011
I was born to a house with an Atari 2600. First game i remember playing was this maze game (Maze Craze...? i think it was called). We also had a Commodore 64 which was awesome but not really a console although we only used it for games. First console i can remember being bought for me and my 2 bro.s was a Sega Mega Drive (or 'Genesis' if you are WRONG) with Sonic which was the greatest thing ever at the time. Had a Game Boy bought for me soon after which is the first that was specifically mine and i still have it. The first console i ever bought with my own money and owned is my Playstation 2 which i still buy games for and play to this day

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
First console I ever played: Colecovision. First console I ever owned (or rather my parents owned): NES. First Game: Can't remember for the life of me.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I was seven, dad got a PS1 and the first thing we played was the demo disc that came with it. On it was Crash Bandicoot, the first real game we bought was Crash. So that's my first game and system.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Gamecube with Super Mario Sunshine & Smash Bros Melee.

That said i owned a pc for ages before that and Little Big Adventure 2 was the first game i owned.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
My family's first console was the Commodore 16(!). There was an awesome cartridge game called Jack Attack, and the rest of the games we had were the casette tape ones. You know, the ones that would take half an hour to load and then come up with an error message? We also had a Vic 20 but I think that only gathered dust and didn't have any games with it.

The first gaming device I owned was a Gameboy that me and my sister saved up our pocket money for, and worked out some kind of time-share.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
My parents bought an NES before I was born. The first game that was truly mine was Sesame Street ABCs 123. I still play it every now and then lol

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
My very first console was a ColecoVision... and for it, my first game, the home port of Zaxxon. Apparently my connection with SEGA was meant to be from a young age, haha!

My folks tossed out the Coleco years later as it deteriorated in the filthy basement and this surely saddened me. Where all my games went, I'll also never know. That all changed however last month.

I purchased a like-new ColecoVision from eBay with 20 games and, among them, ZAXXON! It was like being reunited with an old family member, I am so overjoyed to have them again!

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
xhannay said:
On the weekend I was digging around in the shed at my parents house and I found the box for my very first game console. It was a HT-767, a cheaper version of the Famicom (thus a Famiclone). I was about 3 or 4 when we bought it, and since then gaming has been a big part of my life.

The cartridge that came with it had 105 games. Old stuff like Mappy, DigDug, Circus Charlie, Joust, Fruit and Nut, Excitebike, Ice Climber... list goes on.

So Escapists, what was your first console, how old were you at the time and what was your first game?
PC technically, but it was all little kids games like backyard baseball and those jumpstart such and such grade games

first legit console was the gameboy advance: pokemon gold and harry potter and the sorcerer's stone

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Atari 7800 Pro, and it came with a copy of Pole Position II.
I was 5 and I still vividly remember my dad coming home with it.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Although I do not recall any games for it beacuse I was very young at the time, our first gaming platform was a Commodore 64 that my family smuggled in from Austria (and before you say anything, that was a popular practice in former Yugoslavia). Unfortunately, by the time, I could recall much of anything, it was already broken and I can't find it anymore...

My first gaming platform that I recall, however, was the PC. I also remember the first game I played on it....Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. I loved that game, although it probably isn't as good as I remember it. The music was awesome, though:

imaloony

Nov 19, 2009
If we're talking any system, it would be the Windows '98, which came with a motocross game. Pretty fun.
If we're excluding PC, it was the Gameboy Pocket and Pokemon Red. Lots of fun, between Blue, Red, and Yellow, all of which I played at some point, I must have beaten that game at least a dozen times.
If we're also axing Handheld consoles, it would be the Xbox 360 (Yeah, I stuck to handhelds for a while...) and Guitar Hero 2. I had a lot of fun playing that game...

orangecharger

Nov 13, 2009
I think I was 12 or so. Had to buy it myself, and had been playing nintendo at a friend's house so the NES was a no brainer. Came with Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge. I had another friend who had Super Spike V-Ball which I really enjoyed but had already played a lot, so I went with Kings of the Beach. I liked it, but I beat it the first weekend. Hence my renting games a lot after that.