What was your first M rated game?

Paperplanes79

May 30, 2009
Rainbow six 3. I don't remember how old I was. Well it wasn't that bad because my PC couldn't handle the gore so the blood was just red mist.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
Doom. I was three years old and had a Judas Priest record going in the background. Shit was so cash.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
I honestly can't remember if Nes or Snes games had age ratings here in Ireland so it was probably something on the N64 or PS1.Possibly the first GTA game

Blake_iCE

Jan 5, 2009
ShakesZX said:
Resident Evil 4. I wasn't really interested in anything M rated until then.
This, I remember anticipating xmas so I would have enough money, and the guy saying "This is a really violent game for a 10 year old" and my mum nearly not letting me get it.
Finshed that game so many times.

GameOverGoblin

Feb 3, 2010
Technically my first M game was Halo, but since the most violent thing you can do in the game
(besides shooting of course) is just hit aliens with your elbow, and the fact that the aliens make it feel like your shooting at exploding crayons, i really don't consider that to be an M games. So my first REAL M game was GTA 3.

Cacti Pants

Nov 12, 2009
I'm pretty sure it was a Metal Gear game for PS1? I was pretty young. Like five or six. But that was my dad's, so I don't know if that really counts.

Other than that, I think it was either Fable or Halo 2.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
EzraPound said:
Marik2 said:
So what was the first game you played that was suppose to be for 17 and older? (or whatever the highest rating in your country is)

Mine was Wolfenstein 3D when I was 6 I believe, it was extremely fun for it's time.
Unless it was retroactively rated by the ESRB and you played it a few years after its release, Wolfenstein 3D wouldn't have been M because it existed two years prior to game content ratings.

Anyway, perhaps the first 'M' game I played extensively that wasn't rated retroactively was Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, as I skipped from playing games made pre-1994 on the PC and NES to owning an N64. The first retroactively rated one would've been - I don't know - DOOM, I guess.
I think the ESRB did went back and rated Wolfenstein 3D, because I remember seeing the game in the store with rated M on it. Though my memory is a little bit fuzzy.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Half Life 2 was the first M rating I played, at sixteen... first one rated T was some Twisted Metal, I was like... eight or so.

JMoney156

Jun 9, 2009
Played: Quake II at age 12
Owned: GTA III at age 15

EDIT: Actually, I played Turok: Dinosaur Hunter at age 11 before playing Quake II.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
One of the Turoks on the N64. OR it could of been Bio Freaks for the N64

Bio Freaks was insane in my opinion.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
factualsquirrel said:
sturryz said:
This, at a friends house, when I was 8.

(Is this a low content post, I don't know?)
Who cares? It's probably the dumbest rule on the site.

The first M rated game I owned was probably Halo 2. But, I think the first I played was Turok 64. Resident Evil GameCube remake and GTA Vice City were probably early firsts too.

They just didn't really interest me. My parents didn't care what I played. They took me to R rated movies when I was like seven.