What was your first Platinum Trophy?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Good old fashioned thread about your first gaming whatever - Platinum Trophy in this case.

I just got my first in God of War: Chains of Olympus, which is bundled for the PS3 in the God of War: Saga Collection.

Didn't even take more than 3 or 4 sessions, it's a pretty short game and if you're playing on Hard everything should unlock naturally, bar that pesky Challenge of the Gods, which I just did.

The runner up would be Assassin's Creed II. I got everything except the Trophy for collecting all feathers (and subsequently wearing the cape), which would've unlocked Platinum. But tracking those down is a pain in the ass and so far there's no good guide online.

What was your first Platinum?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Half Life 2: Episode 2.

Fucking garden gnome. Fuck that guy, man. Fuck him and his smug little face.

If we're not counting PC games, since they generally don't actually give you an official All Trophies trophy, then it would be Journey. Which is kind of cheating given that the game doesn't have any real challenge to speak of.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Mine was Uncharted 3, I looked at the trophy list to that game and thought "I can platinum that" so I did. Then I went back and did Uncharted 2, I was put off due to thinking that I had to get all the dlc multiplayer trophies to get the plat.

carnex

Jan 9, 2008
Uncharted, the first one. It's rather easy one, one of the easiest on the system. But you do have to beat the game 3 times.

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
Farcry 3, it was the second game I bought for my PS3 after selling my 360.

The single player was a blast and I had fun getting every trophy there, however the co-op missions were horrible.
They were really buggy and for some reason the healing animation was much slower than in single player.
The missions also just felt rushed with bland level design with only one way to approach enemies and awkward looking set pieces. I remember the explosion scene for this one bridge was so bad you could see the bridge just pop out of existence underneath the explosion. I also had to replay a couple since there was a bug for the co-op mission trophies were they wouldn't unlock sometimes.

I really don't know why I played through them all. I guess I'm one of those trophy whores.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Dragon age Origins.
Took me three playthroughs, very entertaining. After I finished it, I still came back for more.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
Platinuminary on the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection. I didn't have my PS3 for too long at that point having just a few games, and my dad decided to buy me two games for it. A Tomb Raider (Underworld), and the Sega Mega Drive collection.
Tomb Raider was meh, Sega was surprising good as it wasn't just an easy platinum with quite a few games from my childhood but it also meant I finally played Phantasy Star 4 which I loved.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Skyrim was my first. That game just fucking hands out achievements. Other than that, The Walking Dead season one... which also handed out achievements.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I think my first was Assassin's Creed II. Fuck. Those. Feathers.
Even using a guide they were a pain in the ass! And what do I get? A cape which makes every fucker in every city out for my blood. Glad to know it was worth the effort.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F

It was easy enough, plus it's a really fun game and I got totally addicted to it.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
My first Platinum was Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, and then Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

On Xbox though, the first game I got all the achiuevements in was Halo:Reach. Then Prototype 2, then Skyrim (pre DLC). I guess they count as Platinums, if Xbox had it :p

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I don't think I have even one.

I'm not much for Trophies. It's nice when I get one, I suppose, but I'm not gonna go hunting for them unless it coincides with some sort of bonus content in the game, like the skillpoints in Ratchet and Clank.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
My first was Jak and Daxter HD. I also platinumed Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.
So, only the incredibly easy ones.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Mine was either "Sly Cooper 1" or "The Walking Dead S1".

I only have 4 platinum PS3- and about 7 completed Xbox 360 games though my backlog is immense.

But I generally don't care for completing all trophies in a game, partly because I don't play the multiplayer. If I ever get 100% in a game it's almost guaranteed it's an adventure where I just have to play a little careful to get the complete story.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Mini Ninjas!
Saw that a friend had gotten a platinum on it, checked the game and the trophies and it all seemed quite easy, so I bought the game. There was some hard stuff like getting a raft down a stream without hitting anything, but other than it was really simple. Felt awesome when I finally got it.
Now I got 30+ platinum iirc. Haven't tried getting any more in about two years though. Got a bit fed up when most of my remaning games needed multiplayer for the platinum. Can't be arsed with that.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
inFamous 2. It wasn't particularly difficult, but since the collectibles actually had an in-game benefit, I gave enough of a damn to find them all for once. Not to mention that I absolutely love the game, so beating it on hard difficulty is probably something I would have done regardless of any trophy.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Well, i play on xbox so i'm going to translate the question into 'what game did you get your first 1000 on?'

Bourne something or other, can't remember the full title. Wasn't a particularly good game or anything but i tend to try and play anything that comes my way and this was the first game i really started to give a shit about going for achievements. Now i'm somewhere near 200000 gamerscore (it's hard to tell for sure since i play offline and microsoft must think i cheat or something and keep removing certain games back down to 0 with all the achievements still finished when i log in from time to time to update). About 80 full completions in total and plenty with all but the multiplayer achievements finished.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
My first platinum trophy (and only one for the longest time) was from Fallout 3. Since most of the games I've got tie trophies to difficulties that are beyond my abilities and time commitments or to on-line play, I haven't had much incentive to try to get many platinum trophies. Since that was the game that brought me back into video games, it is appropriate that it was my first platinum trophy.

StormwaveUK

Feb 1, 2011
Last Rebellion...on PSN anyway,

If we include Xbox 360 1000 achievements then I think it was CoD4 followed by ME1.