What was your highschool "Role"?

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I'm not sure what my label was. I only socialized at school, I spoke too loud, I didn't succumb to peer pressure and was openly proud of it, I was abysmally bad at getting girls to go out with me, and I actively participated in my classes.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Band geek, theater nerd, willing to roll with pretty much all the punches and come out smiling.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
kman123 said:
It started off as the 'nerd'. But after a couple of years everyone just fell out of their stereotypes. We were all just...students. Sure, there were hot ones, sporty ones, smart ones. But we didn't identify them as that.
This, basically.

Started out being intensely geeky. I'm still a fan of all that stuff, but I've gained the ability to gel with practically any group of people.

A lot of people are inexplicably intimidated by me, despite the fact I'm one of the smallest in the year. I suppose this may come down to the fact that I have a shotgun and hunt (I'm from the countryside, whereas many in my A level college are from the suburbs/urban area) the fact that I've had several near death experiences including a stabbing, the fact I can sword fight, and improvise weapons from practically anything. It's probably also contributed to by the fact that I've confessed to a couple of people that I'm a diagnosed sociopath (albeit a very well rounded, good natured one) and possess all the skills that comes with. Oh, and instead of other children, I mainly grew up among the moor's pack of gun dogs.

I have a colourful past, and I love it.

Aside from occasionally being freaked out by me, everyone does like me, because I make them laugh with wit.

SEXTON HALE

Apr 12, 2012
Well I was the guy who always annoyed the fuck out of most people but still got on really well with just about everyone.
I always knew just how to push someones buttons and loved to watch them go absolutly crazy.
I got punched in the face quite a bit but it was always worth it.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Currently going through the nightmarish British school System, I'm mostly described as a few things:
The outcast (Most People)
The lunatic (My mates)
The now-it-all (Mainly by people that I met only once)

I guess its the facade you set up. Example: My facade of Intelligence and Madness that disguised my disgust and hatred. Yay!

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
7-8: Lunatic
8(again)-10: A guy who was just tired of being in school and wanted to study in college
11: Same thing, but now being bullied.

It didn't helped I was the only one who listened rock on a daily basis (yes, sometimes you're just THE only one, and it's not pretty).

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
strangely i was the sort of like an ambasador of sorts. one of the people that could socialize with all the clicks without actually being part of them. its strange becasue i'm not a very social person. but i do make people laugh so...

Xenowolf

Feb 3, 2012
Year 11 (tenth grade, final yer in British secondary schools) here. Right now, people mainly see me as a somewhat intelligent funny guy. Improvment on Year 7/8, I suppose.

OldKingClancy

Jun 2, 2011
I was the movie guy, I saw more movies than any other person in my year so if anyone wanted an opinion on one they'd ask me.

An example of such was Inception, I missed it in cinemas but got a second chance when it was re-released for the Oscars. Despite everyone else already seeing it they asked me what i thought about it.

I liked my role.

OZWIN

May 14, 2012
Still in High School now and my role is generally I'm one of the funniest guys you'll ever meet but at the same time one of the most chill guys you'll ever meet. Overall I'm just cool with everyone and don't have any issues. I enjoy giving my teachers a hard time when I can too.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Completely under the radar. Sure, I was in the Key-Club and joined the theater group in my senior year but aside from that I did more or less nothing. I got by in the classes I stayed awake in, had a very small group of friends who themselves were from other groups or, cliques and, before senior year I would take my ass back home for some quality time in Albion or, the Halo Ring...world. There are possibly 3 photos of me in the year book which may be more than most but I didn't have a superlative or, a senior quote. I keep in very loose touch with maybe 2 or 3 friends and, my overall impact to my high school is similar to the impact of a lone man spitting into a lake.

captcha = 'get over it'. Done and, done.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I was the arrogant nerd. I hung out with the crowd that mostly went to Oxbridge, corrected people (and teachers) in class, and played with enough of my year-group on Xbox Live that they knew I was a keen gamer, and good at the multiplayers I invested in. However I also let the assholes in my year know what I thought of them, acted out in a lot of classes towards the end, and never worked all that hard.

I was also assumed to be gay by most of my year because I had a habit of hugging people, didn't even kiss anyone until 6th form and I guess am just fairly camp in nature. Never really bothered me though, was kind of a laugh to see some people try and figure me out, and my friends just laughed about it. Was kind of a shock when my girlfriend asked if I was going out with her to cover up my sexuality though. <.<

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
I don't think UK schools have 'roles'. Everyone just kinda gets a long. There are people you hang around with more than others and everyone has their own little group of friends, but there is no defined social structure. Everyone is just a student.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I was the quiet nerdy goth chick except I didn't wear a shit load of makeup like the other goths did at my high school.

I didn't have very many friends and I was shy around people. I was also an orchdork, so my standing in my high school was very low which I was totally fine with. Seeing the look on people's faces that I wasn't an idiot and graduated with honors was priceless.

Jan 11, 2009
Most likely the Know-It-All, I've been told in a lot of my classes to stop answering all the questions to give the other people a chance and in Physics my teacher actually asked me a question about Planck's Constant that he didn't know.

Camarii

Jul 1, 2011
The odd, strange girl that wears weird clothes, goggles and is a bit scary for most people around school, in my class I'm the smart and strong one I guess o_O They still think I'm strange thou, but we all are.