What was your most recent classic game purchase?

razor343

Sep 29, 2010
One Unit Whole Blood from GoG...Duke Nukem Manhattan Project before that...then Heroes of Might and Magic 3 before that. I still think stronghold deluxe remains as one of my favorite classic games :D

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Lukeje said:
Dexter Willett said:
Deus Ex: GOTY Edition. I'm convinced that the older the game, the harder it is, as I can't get past the first level.
Bear in mind that for one of the best games ever made, it has one of the worst levels ever made (possible slight bit of hyperbole there) as the first level. Get through that (even if you have to use some sort of walkthrough) then the game actually becomes fun.
Liberty Island is one of my favourite levels of any game ever - it feels like a real place rather than a game level, and it is fantastically non-linear. Admittedly it is hard, but then I often die a lot early on when I play older games until I adjust to their difficulty level.

OT: Probably Planescape: Torment. Haven't played it yet though. Too many games too little time, and it has a decidedly intimidating reputation.

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
Not what I'd really call "classic" but I did just buy Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy on steam a couple days ago because....well because why the fuck not. Forgot how fun it was.
That is really good.

Anyway mine would probably be Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Shatterhand for the NES.
Not a download, the real cartridge.
$4.99 from one of my friend's local vintage store.
An overlooked classic with a fantastic soundtrack to be sure.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Fallout from 1997, I would said Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 3D, but that gamew as originally released 1998.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I can't really think, I bought Legend of Dragoon last month but I wouldn't really call PS1 games classics. I did buy Demon's Crest a few months ago because I love Gargoyles quest.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
As with many others here, I get many of my classics from GoG.com. My last purchase was Dungeon Keeper - at least I won't scratch the disc this time :D