What We Learned In The Electronic Arts E3 2015 Press Conference

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Who gives a shit? It's EA. Whatever they come up with will be riddled with all kinds of DLC, micro-transactions, shitty DRM and other anti-consumer practices. The games themselves probably won't even be finished. But whatever. It will be fun to watch all the zombies get excited about the footage that doesn't even represent the final product, designed specifically to emotionally manipulate them.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
The one game that might have convinced me to break my EA boycott has already been confirmed to be less than a shadow of its former greatness, so why even bother tuning in?

Ugicywapih

May 15, 2014
Predictions? EA is one of the more predictable companies out there - there'll probably be some anticonsumerism, a PR fiasco or two and the demos promised will likely be mostly DLC, which would explain how they can fit them all in their presentation window. Indeed, I expect that most folks who go there will leave with a vague feeling of disappointment, their world a shade more bleak from that point onward.

See, it all makes sense once you just accept, that EA is being run by psychic vampires.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
It's EA. Whatever they come up with will be riddled with all kinds of DLC, micro-transactions, shitty DRM and other anti-consumer practices.
Agreed. Not sure what's the point in 'predicting' anything when everything is so easily predictable. EA is just going to announce various iterations of their DLC Quest games maybe with a few that have Star Wars images in them.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I really hope they give us a nice vertical slice of

Mass Effect
Mirror's Edge Catalyst

As I remember one of the BioWare studios was working on a new game? Might be reader for an trailer only announcement.
Dragon Age Inquisition might get another DLC announcement.

I know people really want Battlefront but I'm kind of meh about it all in all. You see I dig StarWars but I'm just not that much into online competitive multiplayer anymore.
Personally I would like them to show of Viscerals StarWars game. It might be too early but maybe I'm lucky, maybe CGI trailer only wouldn't bother me.

Need for Speed is probably a safe bet as well. But I?m more the sim guy. Assetto Corsa got me covered.

Imre Csete

Original Character, Do Not Steal
Jul 8, 2010
Ishigami said:
As I remember one of the BioWare studios was working on a new game? Might be reader for an trailer only announcement.
If you are thinking about that 5v1 urban fantasy PVP with the viral marketing video, that got cancelled.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Let us know what you're hoping to see EA pull out of their sack of goodies...
Something that interests me, maybe? As it is, I can't find a single fuck to give about anything they're planning to show at E3 - especially since Respawn has confirmed they won't be there.

I might've cared a wee-bit about the new Mirror's Edge, but since they keep saying Catalyst is, "...not a sequel, prequel, or remake.", all I can think is that the game's going to be a confused, muddled, disjointed mess of bullshit.

When they can't even identify what their own game is, it doesn't bode well for the coherence or confidence in the design team and the product. Besides, DICE is but a shell of its former glory.

...and then join us here at 1pm Eastern on Monday, June 15, to watch the event live.
Mmm, no thanks. Really not interested in wasting 30~60 minutes watching some EA reps bullshit us. I'll skim the highlights afterward.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Imre Csete said:
Ishigami said:
If you are thinking about that 5v1 urban fantasy PVP with the viral marketing video, that got cancelled.
Was that it? I mean the one they talked about in the sort of announcement video of Mass Effect 4 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZGn5zCVxI&t=1m21s].
If that?s the case then... oh well... I'm not broken about that.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
I'm craving the next Mass Effect pretty badly. I'd accept a CGI trailer that shows nothing at this point. In fact, that's kind of what I'm expecting at this point. Well, that and the usual 10 minutes or so spent for EA Sports stuff.

Just give me Mass Effect and I'll be happy.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Fifa 16 will be introducing the micro game of bribery.

Mass Effect 4 will be announced, as a DLC delivery platform.

The reboot no one asked for, or cares about; Need for Speed, will get center billing.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Let me guess A war game a sport game a game they milked tell the real fan left for something else. More bs that only worth renting. How am I doing. At this point unless EA release the secret to imortality I could not even work up enough energy to hate them. At this point they just exsiste.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I guess it's going to be similar to what Yahtzee said about last year's conference:

PANTS DOWN, FIST UP, POUND POUND POUND!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Wow, Unravel? Totally didn't expect that.

A big publisher just figured out how to fund amazing indie games? I have no idea what to make of them doing this but Unravel looks very interesting. Very cool. Would I install Origin to play it? No. But hopefully it'll make it to consoles at least.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
WHAT DO WE WANT?

YOUR SOULS, FORTUNES, HOMES, AND FIRSTBORN CHILDREN!

WHEN DO WE WANT THEM?

NOW!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The only thing that looked remotely interesting was Mirror's Edge 2, and we didn't even get a gameplay trailer for that.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Unravel looks fantastic, Mirrors Edge looks interesting and very beautiful, I am actually interesting in star wars battlefront now.

But wow, that was actually a terrible conference. The transition from unravel to plants vs zombies was one of the worst things I think I have ever seen at a conference. And it was jarring going from someone who obviously love the art of games to something so soulless. It made GW2 look terrible. Bad move there.

And so many sports. Every time I thought it was over more sports showed up.