What will you GIFT YOUR SELF in Christmas?

Rutnier Nodarse

Feb 12, 2011
(This entire thread is based on the thought of the games one will buy for self on christmas day.)

I'll be getting The Orange Box, possibly Fallout 3 GOTY *Finished the game hell, buying the expansions to keep playing it*. Battlefield 3 and or A year membership to Xbox-Live.
What are YOU getting for Christmas?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I've already bought myself a whole host of games from the GoG sale, and I'm thinking Skyrim to wrap up and put under the tree.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth is on sale for $5, hopefully I'll be able to get it. I want some first-person, Lovecraftian mindfuck!

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I pretty much have all the games I wanted this year. I am on the fence about whether to get a PS Vita or a Nook Tablet for myself though.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I Am Alive, when it becomes available through PSN would be awesome. Otherwise, I just bought Earthworm Jim HD for $2.99 (Not as good as the original, but for under 3 dollars, for under 5 dollars, it's a steal for that kind of fun) and all five episodes of Tales of Monkey Island for $5 (Does anyone know where I can find the original Monkey Islands through a legal means?).

I don't think I'm set yet (and I know nothing about what's under my tree), but who knows, perhaps it might be all I'll need.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Games? None.

Gaming related?

Quite possible will pick up 2 more monitors to run AMD Eyefinity. That, or buy 3 identical ones and sell my current one.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, RAGE, and Dead Island, all bought during the autumn sale.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
My sweet husband bought me a DSi XL for Christmas, so I've bought myself Spore and Pokemon HeartGold.

By the way, this is the first time I have had a DS, so any suggestions for games would be muchly appreciated!

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I bought myself a 32 inch tv. My roommate uses it more than I do.

RaphaelsRedemption said:
My sweet husband bought me a DSi XL for Christmas, so I've bought myself Spore and Pokemon HeartGold.

By the way, this is the first time I have had a DS, so any suggestions for games would be muchly appreciated!
what games do you have?

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
Let's see, some brain bleach, steel wool, a pre-frontal lobotomy...

Oh, GAMES. Yeah, none. I don't have a job and my bank account is surely less than half of what it was at the beginning of the year by now. Which would make it less than £300. Maybe. Probably less. ...I'll shut up and go away now.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
mysecondlife said:
I bought myself a 32 inch tv. My roommate uses it more than I do.

RaphaelsRedemption said:

what games do you have?
None, except the two I mentioned. I have no idea what are good games for DS - I'm so used to buying PC games :)

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Flights home for the holidays, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, with glorious golden wiimote.

RaphaelsRedemption said:
Gonna recommend the two Ds Zelda games and Okamiden all fun titles and Professor Layton (surprisingly addictive).

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I just bought Arkham City since it's on 50% off sale on Steam. I'll probably end up getting something else too if another deal comes along that's as good. Fingers crossed for Sword of the Stars II.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
I've already gotten Metro 2033 and all the Half-Life games from the Steam sale, and I'm likely to follow that up with at least Crysis and Sonic Generations. And maybe also Killing Floor, Quake, Doom, Serious Sam Gold Pack (First and Second Encounter in standard and HD) and AAAaaaAAA! for the Awesome if they drop to really nice points (I'm aware that AAAAAA already has, though it might still go lower...)