What would be a great setting for Assassin's Creed 3

cookyt

Oct 13, 2008
With pretty much all of history to choose from, the possibilities are great for the next entry in the series. I've heard some speculation surrounding the middle ages with king Arthur and World War II, but I'd love to see the game set in mid-Industrial Revolution England.

Any other suggestions?

IrishBerserker

Oct 6, 2009
The industrial Revolution would be interesting.

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

or any other war from that time period.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
America in the 1920s-1930s, no real reason other than that I find that time period interesting.

OpiateChicken

Jul 2, 2009
If they do WWII, I won't even play it. I think Industrial Revolution England would be great. Or even something during the French Revolution, but I guess that would kind of look too much like the Renaissence. Yeah, Industrial Revolution ftw.

Also, do you think if they do AC4, it will be set in the future? I don't really know of any good futuristic assassination games except... well, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, which wasn't that great overall I thought. It would be interesting to see something like that done well.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
I actually believe that the WW2 setting would be great if done right

But a French Revolution setting would also be amazing.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
IrishBerserker said:

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

Which war of 1812? The one with France or America?

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
The Hundred Years War, War of the Roses, or French revolution would be my ideal locations in that order.

And anyone who says "liek ZOMG watashi no wantz it in JAPAN so w3 can hav NINJAZ!!1!11! baka lol" must die horrifically. Rurouni Kenshin was 13 years ago. Move on.

Bladecatcher

Sep 1, 2009
I'd go with Biblical Middle East. I know it would be pretty much the same as the first one, I just want to see how quickly people would get offended.

But in seriousness, I think anything during or after WWI would be a little too modern. Oh! Maybe Czarist Russia, Circa the Bolshevik Revolution-

one of your guild masters could be Rasputin!

IrishBerserker

Oct 6, 2009
4thegreatergood said:
IrishBerserker said:

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

The one where we burned the White House. Incidently, that would have to be a mission.

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
Including a gun in AC2 was pushing it, but if they do a war zone, they will kill the series.

That said, I'm sure Desmond will be the third assassin, since it was intended to be a trilogy.

After seeing the colorful world of AC2, I can't stand the thought of a "modern" assassin.

Jammerz

Nov 2, 2009
Well.... In the way the series is going, historically I would have to say Spain

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
IrishBerserker said:
4thegreatergood said:
IrishBerserker said:

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

The one where we burned the White House. Incidently, that would have to be a mission.
That would be pretty cool, actually. (Sorry D.C.!)

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I'm not sure what decade this would be, but it's the age of the fedora-wearing private eye kind of character, see "Tracer Bullet."

P.S. seriously if someone could tell me the proper name for that era/type of character that'd be awesome.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
i think the 3rd game will tae place in the future with Desmond as the assassin

if not id go the 60's with the civil rights movement and the Kennedy assassination

either that or the American, French, or Czar Revolutions

MailOrderClone

Nov 30, 2009
Personally, I'd save the the the Assassin's trip across the pond until at least when the western expansion act was signed. Loads of wonderful stuff to do in an Assassin's Creed Western. Of course, they could easily do something similar set in Australia if they wanted.

Aside from that, I'd really love to see what a game like this would look like if it were set in a certain major Californian city right around the mid 1960s.