What would be a great setting for Assassin's Creed 3

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I think a lot of the game will take place in modern times for AC3 but cant figure out how that will work. I think that they will still have an "ancient plot" element in some historical time period, my hopes are: the french revolution, the spanish inquisition, or the fall of the roman empire.

Moosebomber

Nov 4, 2009
Japan, or personally, something that is not historical. Steampunk would be badass. Or maybe we play as desmond, because I remember him saying he used to be an assassin (I am not so sure about that)and we assassinate people in a cyberpunk setting. I am a fan of the 'punks.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
didn't ubisoft montreal already confirm that it'll either be in feudal japan or WWII?

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
I would like to see the game set during the australian-american war, so we can pick boomerang shrapnel out of our heads!

Failing that Modern day desmond

(cookie for the reference)

RedPandaMan

I bought this to skip ads.
Oct 23, 2008
I personally hope it will be during the American Revolution, as that is a relatively untouched time period (in games) and contains many historical figures that could be turned into Templars (the Founding Fathers).

But it will probably be in modern times.

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
To be honest it really should be set in the future like they are going towards another freaking period of time would be a bit excessive? But if they must the french revolution would be an interesting place to be, or be a little saucy and do it during England and other nations times of colonialism in Africa.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
4thegreatergood said:
IrishBerserker said:
The industrial Revolution would be interesting.

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

or any other war from that time period.
Which war of 1812? The one with France or America?
The one with British Canada? The hell are you talking about?

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
It would still have to be medieval. I think with the advent of guns the combat may get a little weird, I'd probably say something colonial? I mean after that you're just ripping off Splinter Cell.

almostgold

Dec 1, 2009
why all the hate to WWII? I for one wont buy it if they put us in another ancient setting. I would rather WWI just so we could have some fresh weaponry and more obscure politicians to kill, plus the whole 'fighting in trenches' bit wont bean issue. But id be fine with WWII. It wouldnt be a thing like a shooter, so why not?

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
I've heard Ubisoft has already been talking about a third game where you play as Desmond in modern Times. I think they should stick to the past though.
Maybe Desmond could be an assassin for Napoleon Bonaparte?

peduncle

Jan 27, 2009
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
Salem Witch Trials.
oooooo! i didn't think of that! that would be very interesting!

i kind of wanted to see China from way before the first game era... but that would be backtracking...which is the complete opposite point of the squealing

SirusTheMadDJ

Dec 2, 2009
roflchopter said:
_zuul said:
Assassins creed is secretly a hitman prequel
this is fact. ^^ :p
No. Just....Just no. Thanks.

/offtopic

Erm, I'd love to see it go to Japan actually. That or I think there was some talk about the Mayans or South America. That would be pretty weird to fathom lines out rather than "Roof top to that roof top to that ladder for High point, Leap Of Faith, climb up and go again"

But from seeing the end credit run. I'd say present day is more likely.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
dashiz94 said:
4thegreatergood said:
IrishBerserker said:
The industrial Revolution would be interesting.

I'd probably go with:

The War of 1812

or any other war from that time period.
Which war of 1812? The one with France or America?
The one with British Canada? The hell are you talking about?
The one where Maddison thought that invasion of BNA (British North America) would be a simple matter of marching.

justhereforthemoney

Aug 31, 2009
jcb1337 said:
If so, they'd probably have it set near 2012 with Desmond as the assassin this time around.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.149295?page=3#comment_form
What he ^ said and this link are both of my answers.

gutterball17

Jul 14, 2009
It will most likely be in the not too distant future with Desmond as the Assassin. That being said I wouldn't mind to do it now and kill some of the politicians nowadays. George W. Bush prepare to get stabbed in the jugular vein. Disclaimer: I am not actually planning this. At all. I'd have to be retarded to even think of trying it. In addition, we will still probably play a little as Altair and Ezio through those random flashback/dream sequences like what happened with Altair this time around.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I'm with most people in going with the industrial revolution. It would fit with the previous two games, with urban, high-rise environments and that same sense of transition/revolution in both the Holy Land and Italy. Climbing across factory chimneys and warehouses would be cool, but with the rise in primitive revolvers and other guns, perhaps the fighting would become a more static, cover based malarky (which might not fit with the free running elements).

I think that is going to be a forseable problem with the next games: setting it in the future means proper gun battles with automatic weapons, which makes the whole freerunning element far harder to pull off (and make it even less sense to try and sneak up and knife someone in the throat).

Any other locations? I'd hate to see a World War II location, but I wouldn't mind a 20th century setting if they picked somewhere pretty with lots of tall structures, and limited emphasis on gunplay. How about Post-War Prague? Or Riga?

Srkkl

Apr 1, 2009
wouldyoukindly99 said:
America in the 1920s-1930s, no real reason other than that I find that time period interesting.
So you can jump from Hooverville to Hooverville? that would be boring as fuck.

OT: Middle ages sounds fun but I think it's leaning more twards Desmonds life.