What would be the most absurd 'gritty reboot' imaginable?

TrevorGruen

Jan 5, 2011
what if they made a zelda game where instead of collecting bows and swords and bombs you were collecting shotguns, weed, and tactical nukes?

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Brawndo said:
A Max Payne/Sin City style reboot of Mario or Pokemon with intense violence, guns, sexual references, and drugs.
hmmm ever hear of there will be brawl it's kinda what you're looking for

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
lewism247 said:
The smurfs

Seriously imagine that
Already been done for Ya: http://img.moonbuggy.org/smurfs-hardcore/

How about My life as a teenage robot?

That picture is so hot.......what can't a man be sexually attracted to cartoon robots?

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
Mittens The Kitten said:
Pokemon

You're already capturing wild animals and forcing them to fight eachother, the change to gritty hyperviolence would only be a stylistic one.
Haha you should youtube "Pokemon: Apocalypse live action trailer" its a fan made gritty Pokemon trailer

OT: I was gonna say "The Wizard of Oz" but on second thought that could actually be good so my vote is for "Sleeping Beauty" and "Snow White and the seven dwarfs"

Krythe

Oct 29, 2009
Mittens The Kitten said:
Pokemon

You're already capturing wild animals and forcing them to fight eachother, the change to gritty hyperviolence would only be a stylistic one.

Trust me, /b/ talks about this idea a lot.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I would pay big bucks to see a Snow White and the seven dwarves reboot where Snow White is addicted to cocaine and the seven dwarves are all involved in a gang war in east LA.

Big bucks

Aabglov

Jul 28, 2009
Wizard of Oz,
instead of capturing Dorothy the Wicked Witch would put her in a pit and send lotion down in a basket "Silence of the Lambs" style.
"It puts the lotion on its skin and its little dog too"

natural20

Apr 7, 2010
robotam said:
Cooking Mama.
The "Mama" is on the loose. People are afraid to leave the house. Another body turned up on Friday, burned and half eaten.
You are Frank McGravel, a heroin addicted dirty cop. When your wife goes missing, you fear "The mama" has taken her. How far would you go to save someone you love?
This was pretty awesomely done in "Doomsday Arcade"

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Power Rangers. The original Power Rangers. With real death, and every once in a while a power ranger is replaced because one heroically fell in battle. I would love it and hate it at the same time

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Katamari Damachi. Just think how much blood there would be from the constant crushing.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
jamradar said:
A spoon full of sugar makes the MURDER GO DOWN.

Have to agree with this and the new Wizard of Oz movie as well. These movies are unforgettable classics because of the charm and memorable scenes & songs, what the hell will a gritty version achieve? Most likely it's going to be silly with no clever input at all, just a whole lot of CGI and probably violence or something. I bet it will just turn out like Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland, well maybe not that bad but still average at best.

Nice clip by the way, had chills running down my spine.