What Would Dragon Taste Like?

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Title says it all, if Dragons existed, and could be hunted, what do you think they would taste like, and how would you prepare it? Bonus points if you can add inventive side dishes!

I personally think Dragon would taste like a mixture between pork and a hearty filet mignon, and would probably have some inherent spice/kick to it (because of the fire breathing). I can see it being served on a wooden slab, and people enjoying it with fresh fruit.

What about you Escapists?

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
id go with your mix of pork and fillet mignon, but i imagine that you would season it with fire salts

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Probably like iguana. Tried it when I took a trip to Honduras.

It tastes like a cross between chicken and fish, with the texture of chicken.

Don't judge me.....

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
I'm getting an image of some sort of...chicken...maybe mixed with pork? That or some super delicious flavor we cannot even begin to hope for(Or so I wish). I'd imagine a little natural spiciness to it as well. Served with any number of potato related side dishes, because potatoes are goooood.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
like alligator I would imagine
I have had alligator it was tasty perhaps dragons did exist but we ate them all

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Smeggs said:
All their skin burns off when they die, silly.

:D
If they weren't killed by the Dovahkiin,then they would still possess flesh,silly!

OT: I would imagine a similar texture to that of extremely lean steak,with the flavour of chicken.

EDIT

I'd either fry it,grill it,or broil it after marinading it in something spicy. I'd season it immediately before cooking with an assortment of spices and peppercorns,and good ol' fashioned Worcheshire Sauce (tell me if I spelled that wrong). Serve with honey glazed carrots and mashed potatoes,made with garlic and cream.

Mitchell Grubbs

Nov 29, 2011
It would probably taste the same as Godzilla would(incredibly spicy chicken). As for recipes, a large number of Hawaiian dishes could have dragon meat substitute what they would normally use.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I'd say it'd depend on the region and behavior of the dragon.

For example (Monster Hunter references incoming,) I'd guess something like a Tigrex would be flavorful, but tough. A Khezu would have a great texture, but be rather bland, and Kut Ku tastes like... well, chicken, obviously.

I wouldn't mind trying a nice, well-cooked velocidrome steak, though.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What type of dragons? The ones that are like, big crocodiles, would probably taste like crocodiles, but bigger.

The ones that aren't like big crocodiles probably wouldn't taste like big crocodiles.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
kman123 said:
Like chicken. For everything tastes like chicken.
Exactly this. There is nothing that does not taste like chicken, so a dragon would taste like chicken.