What would Hogwarts be like in YOUR country?

Shamgarr

Aug 15, 2009
I have read the Harry Potter books, and moderately enjoy their cinematic counterparts, and I was thinking recently: what would Hogwarts be like in America? I heard there was one, according to Rowling, in Salem, and it got me wondering what it would be like. I think it would be more greek inspired, as opposed to Hogwarts, which is very gothic and medieval. America's would have large arches and columns, grand and ornate. Also, I don't think there would be houses like Hogwarts, but more like fraternities and sororities in colleges. What do you think about this?

AND, more importantly, what would a wizarding school like Howarts, be like in YOUR country?

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Well, i'm British sooo yeah, well bleh:p

edit:I reckon in America it would be less of a castle and more of a mansion of sorts, since there pretty much was no medieval America, so no castles.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Rex Dark said:
It would be made of wafels and chocolate.
/stereotype
Already found out, shut up already.

It would involve less magic and more agriculter based things.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
In Britain, I imagine it being like any other school, no alchemical experiments due to health and safety, no magic practice due to health and safety, no school trips due to, have a guess, that's right health and safety, well, that and teachers laziness to fill out the 4 pages of forms for each student.

That aside, I imagine a football (soccer) team rather than what ever sport they play in the books/films and it set in a old, really old building, that's been built with new modern structures around it to look "modern" and facilitate computers and the internet.

EDIT: This is the school actually being in Britain rather than the magical dimension place it lives...

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I dont know, but I asked a guy who was dressed like he was from the Harry Potter universe and he just babbled on and on about Ralph Nader or something.

I'll be damned if all the homeless cooks are wizards.

Smudge91

Jul 30, 2009
Well as I'm British, Hogwarts here would be Hogwarts, which is mostly christ church in oxford anywho.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
/stereotype
What, you Swedish or somethin?
/confused

Why do people think wafels and chocolate when they think Sweden? We are known for meatballs, hot slutty girls and horses made of wood.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Hogwarts would be... not Hogwarts, seeing as it is a place in Britain. Now, a wizarding school in America? I'd rather not think about it. It would suck.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
/stereotype
/confused

No, Belgian.
Ah yes, Belgian.
I love German Chocolate.
There is a thing like German chocolate now?
I've gotta try if if I ever come in Germany again.

Wayte

Oct 21, 2009
I don't know about the northern states. But down here in the southern U.S., there's be a lot of fly-by cursing...

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
/stereotype
/confused

No, Belgian.
Ah yes, Belgian.
I love German Chocolate.
There is a thing like German chocolate now?
I've gotta try if if I ever come in Germany again.
You must try German Chocolate, makes you realize that the stuff served in the Usa tastes mostly of plastic.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Oh dear lord a Maltese Hogwarts >_<
Well it would be under the sea as we have absolutely no land space to put it, constantly under construction with shitty building materials as maltese builders are legendarily lazy (imagine Rapture for Retards). The teachers would be utter crap and not know what the bollocks they're talking about leading the students to have to teach themselves in haphazard methods. The school will then force the students to do a completely irrelevant project that has absolutely nothing to do with the O.W.L's or the N.E.W.T's and is in place simply to stall for time until they figure out what is the next item on the syllabus. The few who manage to pass will find that they're certifications are not valid anywhere else on the planet and will have to go through an equivalency course just to be able to confirm that they know all they should.

Oh dear I believe i've just described the maltese muggle education system as well.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Made of wood?

Seriously, Finland's been jumping historical phases to keep up in far and near past. While there are few castles in here, I have hard time to imagine there'd be a huge wizard occupied one somewhere out there.

It'd probably be in Lapland, have reindeer caretaker and Santa Claus for headmaster, for stereotypes' sake... Actually it'd be pretty awesome.