What would Hogwarts be like in YOUR country?

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
It would probably be actually interesting, and people wouldn't be so incredibly thick to not realize that the obviously evil dude is evil. Seriously, what the shit.

woodwalker

Feb 1, 2009
EnzoHonda said:
A lot more teen pregnancies.
HA! Yeah, that is true.

I think that most of the spells would be either agricultural (like one poster said) or silvan in nature.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
It would be made of wafels and chocolate.
/stereotype
What, you Swedish or somethin?
/confused

It would involve less magic and more agriculter based things.
No, Belgian.
Ah yes, Belgian.
I love German Chocolate.
There is a thing like German chocolate now?
I've gotta try if if I ever come in Germany again.
You must try German Chocolate, makes you realize that the stuff served in the Usa tastes mostly of plastic.
I wouldn't know, I've never been to the USA.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
/stereotype
/confused

No, Belgian.
Ah yes, Belgian.
I love German Chocolate.
You must try German Chocolate, makes you realize that the stuff served in the Usa tastes mostly of plastic.
Well aren't you the lucky one?
Ever been to Canada? I'm plannin on moving there and would likesome info about it.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
TheNumber1Zero said:
Rex Dark said:
/stereotype
/confused

No, Belgian.
Ah yes, Belgian.
I love German Chocolate.
Well aren't you the lucky one?
Ever been to Canada? I'm plannin on moving there and would likesome info about it.
Unfortunatly, I've never been outside of Europe.

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
you wouldn't be able to use any decent or vaguely useful, on account of england being a nanny state.

grr.

Nitzkrieg

May 31, 2009
A wizard school in the US? Um, there'd have to be several. The one in New England would be the Salem one. Probably more similar to Hogwarts, but smaller, with more buildings, but still gothic in aesthetic. Wizards in the south and heartlands would decide that engineering was infinitely more useful, and go to normal schools, and people on the West Coast would have some kind of hippy/neo-spiritualist thing.

And German chocolate is delish.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Casa Loma would serve well for a school of magic, in Canada. Or maybe some northern retreat.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, seeing that, if we're being specific, Hogwarts is most likely in England, I'm going to go with what Hogwarts might be like if it was in Scotland.

Provided it wasn't hidden away in the mountains. Firstly, the magic teachers would barely get the chance to teach any magic, due to insistence of parents to have their "special needs" children included in a mainstream magic school, despite the fact they barely have the magical abilities of a muggle and would better off in a special magic school.

Kids would only be allowed to play "Ground Quidditch" as flying at any height on a broomstick would be in breach of health and safety laws. Bludgers would also be ommitted from the game for the same reasons.

The house common rooms would be indentifiable by the discarded bottles of cheap booze littering the floor and the incessant crying of the babies of the teenage mothers of the school. The inability of teachers to punish unruly pupils in any meaningful way would result in classes running riot half the time.

I could go on, but you get the picture. The place would be a mess.

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
I think i like it the way it is though i might have to alter one or two of the teachers and add some better spells to learn, not to mention some better games besides Quiditch.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Actually, it's been done, by our national group of crazed but somewhat awesome people.
They always make some stupid story with some awesome songs and absolute hilariousity.
And actually, Hogwarts is called *shudders* "Roxfort" in Hungary. Luckily they didn't go with that name.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Probably some kind of prep school-ish thing more than a castle. That way, it would just be a super-fancy looking school that would attract no attention. On the inside, it would probably look more like a kind of, well, castle. But there would be a little modernization. This is America we're talking about, right? There'd still be the Grand Hall, un-changed from the British Hogwart's architecture, maybe with some new paint or something. It would be pretty small on the outside, as there'd be a magic shield that made it look so, but when you enter it's huge. The classes would be the same, the uniforms would be the same, just with pants for the guys and skirts for girls, with night-robes for everyone. Quidditch; Same. The wand shop would be built in on one side of the school, a kind of magic emporium, with the magic candy, brooms, new clothes, selling those kinds of things.

So, basically, a modernized castle hidden by it's exterior.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
TheNamlessGuy said:
It would be full of... bah, English doesn't have a word for it!

'Fjortisar'
Don't you mean "fJoRtIzZzAr"?

That would suck...