What would you do if...?

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
You're at the home of a good friend of yours. Great friend. You love going over to his/her house to hang out. You play video games, watch awesome movies, talk for hours, your friend has a good sense of humor. And your friend is totally normal too. He/she has never done anything really weird before and you have no sense at all that anything unusual will ever take place.

Well, after a round of playing your favorite game, his/her mother says it's time for dinner. You politely offer to leave and let them enjoy their meal. But the mother insists that you stay and you're glad to do so.

You sit down for the meal and there's the usual assortment of vegetables and a meat. You take one bite of the meat and you're unsure what it exactly it is. It's pretty good. It's tender and juicy, in fact, you'd like to know what it is, maybe you could get some more at a store and make your own. So you ask, "What kind of meat is this?"

Without hesitation, just a polite smile, and complete honesty, the mother replies, "It's cat."

You've just been served cat meat by your best friend. What do you do?

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Immediately choke, feel extremely nauseated, and possibly run to the bathroom to throw up.

Once all that's done, I run back into the room and demand an explanation for why I was served cat meat. After that, I leave and retreat back to my house for a normal dinner.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Probably my prejudice would take over and i would have to excuse myself and go for a toilet to throw up.

dstreet121

Feb 21, 2011
Probably look a little disgusted, maybe try it anyway to be nice.
The next day never speak to him or his family again.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
Finish eating it. I'm Asian, we eat weirder shit.

I would find it really strange though. Like, surely the economy is not so bad that you have to resort to eating cat?

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
...Leave. Yeah, just leave. Maybe call him later and be like "mate, what the FUCK?!"

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Well, first I'd hope that being allergic to cats only applies to breathing and not eating. But as long as it doesn't taste bad (or kill me), I wouldn't have a problem with it.

lazinesslord

Jun 13, 2010
Give them a strange look, make an excuse, and leave. I'd still be friends with the guy, I just would have dinner again.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
I would be... confused. I would stop eating and ask where they had gotten the cat, and whether it was legal (apparently the legality of eating cat meat varies by state). I would listen to their explanation of why they were eating CAT, of all things, and why they would feed it to me without saying anything. I understand that many cultures see nothing wrong with eating cats, and from an objective standpoint it is no worse than eating pig, but to have me eat it without telling me shows that they did not consider my feelings.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
First, I laugh uncomfortably, then when I see I'm the only one laughing, I say: "Wait, this is for real?" then, after an awkward silence I'll lie and say I've eaten some before in China and dig in. Chow it down as fast as possible hoping I won't taste it. I'll never talk about this with anyone, I won't be coming to his house for about a week, and next time they invite me to eat dinner with them I'll ask them what we will be eating beforehand, and scram if she says something along the lines of dogmeat on a stick.

Yeah I'll do that.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Pretty sure I'd politely leave... but I might just never trust my friend again. I'm defiantly a cat person, I have four. I've had pet rabbits before and eaten rabbit, but that is considered a social norm where I live.

To me serving cat without warning would be no different than serving, say, spiders and bugs.. something not socially normal to eat and not something you put in front of someone without discussing it first.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I'd say, "huh. Well I'll be damned." and continue eating.

What? You said it tasted good right?

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
If I ain't gonna eat it, someone else will. And hell if I'm letting someone else eat my food that is so utterly delicious. Just because I have cats as pets doesn't make eating cat wrong while other animals are a-ok, heck, I know someone who has chickens as pets, doesn't stop him.

Also, the thought of having IRL friends who would invite me over greatly amused me.