What would you endlessly repeat over and over mid-fight if you were a final boss?

Sep 18, 2009
Shoop Da Whoop. Simple as.

(in case you dont know what it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WGmeX6CLas&feature=video_response )

Plus it would be instant kill.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
I would probably be in a Mario game. Mid-way through I'd yell, "Think you tough huh?" and pull out a gun and shoot Mario in the head. Then yell, "Hey I fucked the princess!"

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
I'd spam 5 minute uber cut scene attacks and summon like manuevers. Players love that shit. Ocassionally hitting them with a hefty does of poison or radiating DoT life drains. If all else fails i will just stand there and take it like a man, using every round to cure myself to max HP's.

superwookie

Jan 12, 2009
(the game would constantly break the 4th wall)
*Charges giant laser*
"Game...OVER!"
*shoots the laser*
if that attack kills you, it displays "Told you so" instead of "Game Over"

Killer Rabbit

Oct 3, 2009
I'll be sitting in a armchair, reading a book. I would look at the hero and smile. Then I would grow into the classic Room filling "Final Boss beast form" And Step on him.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Your father waz an 'amsterr, and your mother smells of eldeberrieez!

My actual one would be the lyrics of What is Love, only said in a talking way, not singing it

*Parries* What is Love?
*Strike* Baby *Ducks* don't hurt me
Don't hurt me *charges laser* no more *fires laser*

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
"Get out of here, Stalker."

Because it drives me up the wall, and therefore that makes it suitable for a prolonged boss battle.

Also, Green Ranger's laugh repeated ad nauseum.

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
WALL OF TEXT, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My boss battle would have to be a syterical secret boss battle that you can find somewhere in the game. JRPG style, with a KH/Dissidia style fighting engine with some Tales engine for how move sets/spells work. The character would need to be some typical bishi guy with one eye green, one eye red. His clothes would be a long and flowing jacket, buttoned up, with the same colours on the opposite sides of the same coloured eye and black as the trim. Hair would probably be long-ish, dunno what colour. I'm unsure of what would bring out the most squeels in fangirls. His "main weapon" would be a rediculously oversized sword, both in length and height (like a buster sword, only flashier and bigger in all aspects) which he would only use for his more special looking attacks.

The fight would start over something very trivial. Probably something along the lines of seeing this hotshot fighter with a bunch of squeeling fangirls surrounding him and him lapping up all the attention. Then, when the main hero somehow attracts some 5 year-old little girl to sign an autograph for her, the boss would immediately butt in and demand why the hero is stealing his fan girls. Taking a page from Deadpool ala Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, my boss would shadowbox, start to bounce on his feet (like a boxer), challenge the hero and his party to a boss battle (sucker!) and point at himself with both thumbs as he elongates the chant.

The bulk of the battle/moves/dialogue would be driven by over elaborate combination attacks, with some special looking moves being declared, all ending in "-desu!". The only real danger would be an air-juggling combination he uses about every 30-45 seconds. The only way to get out of said combos is to rescue your party member by interupting the attack through causing damage to the boss. His reply to this will ALWAYS be "You can't interupt a Dustloop! It defeats the purpose!" He would then switch focus to the party member that interupted the attack, staying on the ground.

The really annoying part of any boss (as with mine) are the special abilities/limit breaks. Below are the ones I can think of right now that I would add, along with dialogue:

Genocide!- Simply an attack that would do lots of damage with the element of choice that's difficult to build resistance with in the game (if none such exists, use un-mitigatable damage)

Boss: *knocks down the targeted character onto their ass about 25-30 ft. away* Genocide!? I LOVE genocide! *rushes the targeted character, but stops right infront of them* Wait...Is that the one with cake?
Hero: N-n-no?
Boss: Eh, whatever... *snaps his fingers as he disinterestingly looks away. Ensue massive damage spell*

Min/Max- The boss would effectively gain x2 stats for around 90-120 seconds.

Boss: *goes and hides in the corner as he fiddles around with something*
Hero: What the HELL are you doing!? I thought we were fighting!
Boss: I am! You guys are just a little tougher than I thought. Needed to fix some of my character stats to fight you better. *stands up and faces the heroes, presenting his newly edited character sheet*
Hero: NANI!? You're a boss! You aren't allowed to min/max!
Boss: *puts his hands on his hips and leans forwards* Well too bad, I just did.
Boss(after buff expires): Damn! Didn't have enough time to get it right...

Combo Breaker- Instantly cancels out a special attack/limit break used against him. Does no actual damage. 3-5 minute cool down on the ability.

Boss (before first hit lands): Not so fast! *dodges first hit and does something to hit hero in the gut* C-C-C-C-Combo breaker!

Overdoing It- An attack that does massive physical damage. 50% of the damage is also taken by the rest of the party (including back-up character not currently fighting, if applicable).

Boss: Heh! You guys aren't bad. I guess I can let loose and REALLY test my might! *jumps up high into the air and comes down with a punch at selected hero. Camera then shows picture of planet and it being cracked in several places when the hit lands. Camera back on battle with crane shot of heroes all lying around hurt in a giant crater. Switch to boss.* Eesh... I think I over did it a little.

Useless!- An attack used on any hero dropping to 10% HP or below. Instantly brings them to 1.

Boss: *walks up to the character while talking* Awww... Does (insert main colour of hero's atire) hero needs health badly? *cups hero's chin in his forefinger and thumb to tilt head up and see their exhausted face* Useless! *brings his hand up quickly to flip them back 5 feet or so and runs back into the fray*

Make It Easier For You- When a character fails a large damage attack. Boss damages himself for equal amount of damage. Cutscene/Damage only occures first time, but boss will still face palm for about 2-3 seconds during a fight in the same situation. Gives boss invincible frames during that time.

Boss: Oh GOD! *facepalms* Maybe I was wrong about you guys. Here, I'll make it a little easier for you... *snaps his fingers and huge spell damages him* Ouch... Oh... Damn... That hurt a little more than I thought. Sucks to be you guys, cause that's the only chance you'll get!

Any good boss will also have multiple forms/tricks to beat them. Of course, secret bosses are the master of this, which is why mine would have as many as humanly possible! A list is below:

100-91%- Boss can only be hurt by weakest weapons in the game using the most powerful special hits. Of course, some characters would get their final weapons by giving up their starter weapons, which is why you need to think carefully of who you choose to fight this mode.

90-81%- The EXACT opposite of the last form. Use final weapons with weakest special moves.

Boss: Damn, so you figured out that trick, eh? Fine! Polarity Mirror! *colours invert for this mode*

80-71%- The boss begins to change colours every 3-4 seconds depending on what he's weak against at the current moment. Every other elemental attack heals him. Does not revert back to previous stages.

Hero: Heh...Not so tough, are you?
Boss: Yeah, well... Your mother is a classy lady!!! RAAAAAIIINNNBOOOOOWWWSSS!

70-61%- Special Attacks/Limit Breaks cannot harm boss as Combo Breaker's cooldown is removed.

Boss: Ugh... Maybe if I...?

69%- If the boss is to ever hit 69%, he will instantly charm any female character being used. Lasts until next mode. If all characters in the fight are female, the battle is instantly lost.

Boss: Ladies, ladies... *flips back hair while sparkling with magnificense* Do you REALLY want to hurt me?
Fem-Heroes: Nooooooooooo! *heart eyes while obsessing over the boss*
Boss: Then who's the REAL enemy?
Fem-Heroes: GrrrrrrRRRRRRR... *turns on male heroes who have sweat drops*
Male-Heroes: Heheh...

60%-51%- Boss splits into clones. Starts with 3, then 5 at 56%, then 7 at 53%. Forms have no difference and only hitting the real one will damage him.

Boss: Time for the obligatory multi-form portion of this fight, HYAA!!!

50%-41%- Only damage that has the numbers 4 and 2 and ONLY 4 and 2 will damage him. Must have at least one of each in the damage number and 0 doesn't count when determining if the attack does damage or not. Ex: 4200, 420, 4242, 2224, 2424 all hit.

Boss: I guess well all know the question on our minds here, but do you really know the answer? Could it be this won't be answered by just the edge of your blade? Or maybe...There's a deeper meaning! *charges forwards*

40-31%- Timed protion. You must force the boss to switch to his next mode before time runs out. Timer would be something around 7-8 minutes. If the boss doesn't switch to his next form, fight ends from all heroes dieing.

Boss: That's it! I've had. Enough. Of. This! *explodes with huge magic blast and destorys the surrounding area. Everyone is suddenly free falling in the sky despite not having been knocked into the area by the attack*
Hero: Seriously does ANYTHING you do make ANY sense!?
Boss: No, not really...

30-21%- Boss can only be hurt by Special Attacks/Limit Breaks. Can still build these normally by hitting the boss, but he will take no actual damage.

Boss: Com'on! Is that the best you've got!? Show me what you've got!
Hero: Wait! Hold on here! Did you just Deus Ex Machina us back into an area you destroyed, like, 7 minutes ago!?
Boss: I, er, um, uh... Just shut up and fight me!

20-11%- Boss constantly looses HP. Heroes can heal boss, if need be.

Boss: Ugh... Power fading... But I must...I must fight further!

20%- Boss instantly ends the battle by killing all three heroes.

Boss: HAHA! Fools! You just fell into the most obvious trap of probabilaty I have to offer! *starts to charge up an attack, facing the exact opposite direction of the heroes*
Hero: Wait, what? You're facing the wrong way to even hit us!
Boss: Huh...Maybe you're right, buuuuuuuuuuuuut- *Heroes charge boss* I STILL GOTCHA, B*TCH! *Heroes dive forwards but boss ducks, dodging their attack and killing everyone with one forward swing of his sword*

18%- Boss gains permanent Min/Max buff, cooldown on Dustloop ability is removed and Special Attack/Limit Break ability cooldowns are significantly reduced. Overrides last boss mode and continues until end of battle.

Boss: There! I've got it!
Hero: Got what?
Boss: The creation of your demise...The ultimate min/max combo! Behold it's ultimate power!
Hero: Oh jeeze not this aga- *Boss powers up in an explosion of golden energy and begin to glow gold* OHDAMNWE'REDONEAREN'TWE!?

10-1%- Gains Min/Max buff, cooldown on Dustloop ability removed and Special Attack/Limit Break ability cooldowns significantly recuded, but looses decent portions of HP when using Dustloop or Special Attacks/Limit Break moves. 18% HP boss mode overrides this, and continues as normal until the end of battle.

(Boss has computer generated voice)
Boss: HARD MODE TURN ON!!!
Hero: WHAT YOU SAY!?
Boss: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
Hero: YOU HAVE SET US UP THE BOMB!?
Boss: MAKE YOUR TIME! HAHAHAHAHA!

The fight would end by bringing the boss down to 1 HP. The reward for beating him? You get him in your party, of course! Not that it matters, because you would need to beat the game first, but braging rights and the final achievement for the game are good enough, eh?

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
Pope John Paul. All he would do as a boss is yell "EYE BEAMS!!!!!1!111!" and use an uber powerful eye beam attack.

Darth Pope

Jun 30, 2009
HellsingerAngel said:
WALL OF TEXT, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My boss battle would have to be a syterical secret boss battle that you can find somewhere in the game. JRPG style, with a KH/Dissidia style fighting engine with some Tales engine for how move sets/spells work. The character would need to be some typical bishi guy with one eye green, one eye red. His clothes would be a long and flowing jacket, buttoned up, with the same colours on the opposite sides of the same coloured eye and black as the trim. Hair would probably be long-ish, dunno what colour. I'm unsure of what would bring out the most squeels in fangirls. His "main weapon" would be a rediculously oversized sword, both in length and height (like a buster sword, only flashier and bigger in all aspects) which he would only use for his more special looking attacks.

The fight would start over something very trivial. Probably something along the lines of seeing this hotshot fighter with a bunch of squeeling fangirls surrounding him and him lapping up all the attention. Then, when the main hero somehow attracts some 5 year-old little girl to sign an autograph for her, the boss would immediately butt in and demand why the hero is stealing his fan girls. Taking a page from Deadpool ala Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, my boss would shadowbox, start to bounce on his feet (like a boxer), challenge the hero and his party to a boss battle (sucker!) and point at himself with both thumbs as he elongates the chant.

The bulk of the battle/moves/dialogue would be driven by over elaborate combination attacks, with some special looking moves being declared, all ending in "-desu!". The only real danger would be an air-juggling combination he uses about every 30-45 seconds. The only way to get out of said combos is to rescue your party member by interupting the attack through causing damage to the boss. His reply to this will ALWAYS be "You can't interupt a Dustloop! It defeats the purpose!" He would then switch focus to the party member that interupted the attack, staying on the ground.

The really annoying part of any boss (as with mine) are the special abilities/limit breaks. Below are the ones I can think of right now that I would add, along with dialogue:

Genocide!- Simply an attack that would do lots of damage with the element of choice that's difficult to build resistance with in the game (if none such exists, use un-mitigatable damage)

Boss: *knocks down the targeted character onto their ass about 25-30 ft. away* Genocide!? I LOVE genocide! *rushes the targeted character, but stops right infront of them* Wait...Is that the one with cake?
Hero: N-n-no?
Boss: Eh, whatever... *snaps his fingers as he disinterestingly looks away. Ensue massive damage spell*

Min/Max- The boss would effectively gain x2 stats for around 90-120 seconds.

Boss: *goes and hides in the corner as he fiddles around with something*
Hero: What the HELL are you doing!? I thought we were fighting!
Boss: I am! You guys are just a little tougher than I thought. Needed to fix some of my character stats to fight you better. *stands up and faces the heroes, presenting his newly edited character sheet*
Hero: NANI!? You're a boss! You aren't allowed to min/max!
Boss: *puts his hands on his hips and leans forwards* Well too bad, I just did.
Boss(after buff expires): Damn! Didn't have enough time to get it right...

Combo Breaker- Instantly cancels out a special attack/limit break used against him. Does no actual damage. 3-5 minute cool down on the ability.

Boss (before first hit lands): Not so fast! *dodges first hit and does something to hit hero in the gut* C-C-C-C-Combo breaker!

Overdoing It- An attack that does massive physical damage. 50% of the damage is also taken by the rest of the party (including back-up character not currently fighting, if applicable).

Boss: Heh! You guys aren't bad. I guess I can let loose and REALLY test my might! *jumps up high into the air and comes down with a punch at selected hero. Camera then shows picture of planet and it being cracked in several places when the hit lands. Camera back on battle with crane shot of heroes all lying around hurt in a giant crater. Switch to boss.* Eesh... I think I over did it a little.

Useless!- An attack used on any hero dropping to 10% HP or below. Instantly brings them to 1.

Boss: *walks up to the character while talking* Awww... Does (insert main colour of hero's atire) hero needs health badly? *cups hero's chin in his forefinger and thumb to tilt head up and see their exhausted face* Useless! *brings his hand up quickly to flip them back 5 feet or so and runs back into the fray*

Make It Easier For You- When a character fails a large damage attack. Boss damages himself for equal amount of damage. Cutscene/Damage only occures first time, but boss will still face palm for about 2-3 seconds during a fight in the same situation. Gives boss invincible frames during that time.

Boss: Oh GOD! *facepalms* Maybe I was wrong about you guys. Here, I'll make it a little easier for you... *snaps his fingers and huge spell damages him* Ouch... Oh... Damn... That hurt a little more than I thought. Sucks to be you guys, cause that's the only chance you'll get!

Any good boss will also have multiple forms/tricks to beat them. Of course, secret bosses are the master of this, which is why mine would have as many as humanly possible! A list is below:

100-91%- Boss can only be hurt by weakest weapons in the game using the most powerful special hits. Of course, some characters would get their final weapons by giving up their starter weapons, which is why you need to think carefully of who you choose to fight this mode.

90-81%- The EXACT opposite of the last form. Use final weapons with weakest special moves.

Boss: Damn, so you figured out that trick, eh? Fine! Polarity Mirror! *colours invert for this mode*

80-71%- The boss begins to change colours every 3-4 seconds depending on what he's weak against at the current moment. Every other elemental attack heals him. Does not revert back to previous stages.

Hero: Heh...Not so tough, are you?
Boss: Yeah, well... Your mother is a classy lady!!! RAAAAAIIINNNBOOOOOWWWSSS!

70-61%- Special Attacks/Limit Breaks cannot harm boss as Combo Breaker's cooldown is removed.

Boss: Ugh... Maybe if I...?

69%- If the boss is to ever hit 69%, he will instantly charm any female character being used. Lasts until next mode. If all characters in the fight are female, the battle is instantly lost.

Boss: Ladies, ladies... *flips back hair while sparkling with magnificense* Do you REALLY want to hurt me?
Fem-Heroes: Nooooooooooo! *heart eyes while obsessing over the boss*
Boss: Then who's the REAL enemy?
Fem-Heroes: GrrrrrrRRRRRRR... *turns on male heroes who have sweat drops*
Male-Heroes: Heheh...

60%-51%- Boss splits into clones. Starts with 3, then 5 at 56%, then 7 at 53%. Forms have no difference and only hitting the real one will damage him.

Boss: Time for the obligatory multi-form portion of this fight, HYAA!!!

50%-41%- Only damage that has the numbers 4 and 2 and ONLY 4 and 2 will damage him. Must have at least one of each in the damage number and 0 doesn't count when determining if the attack does damage or not. Ex: 4200, 420, 4242, 2224, 2424 all hit.

Boss: I guess well all know the question on our minds here, but do you really know the answer? Could it be this won't be answered by just the edge of your blade? Or maybe...There's a deeper meaning! *charges forwards*

40-31%- Timed protion. You must force the boss to switch to his next mode before time runs out. Timer would be something around 7-8 minutes. If the boss doesn't switch to his next form, fight ends from all heroes dieing.

Boss: That's it! I've had. Enough. Of. This! *explodes with huge magic blast and destorys the surrounding area. Everyone is suddenly free falling in the sky despite not having been knocked into the area by the attack*
Hero: Seriously does ANYTHING you do make ANY sense!?
Boss: No, not really...

30-21%- Boss can only be hurt by Special Attacks/Limit Breaks. Can still build these normally by hitting the boss, but he will take no actual damage.

Boss: Com'on! Is that the best you've got!? Show me what you've got!
Hero: Wait! Hold on here! Did you just Deus Ex Machina us back into an area you destroyed, like, 7 minutes ago!?
Boss: I, er, um, uh... Just shut up and fight me!

20-11%- Boss constantly looses HP. Heroes can heal boss, if need be.

Boss: Ugh... Power fading... But I must...I must fight further!

20%- Boss instantly ends the battle by killing all three heroes.

Boss: HAHA! Fools! You just fell into the most obvious trap of probabilaty I have to offer! *starts to charge up an attack, facing the exact opposite direction of the heroes*
Hero: Wait, what? You're facing the wrong way to even hit us!
Boss: Huh...Maybe you're right, buuuuuuuuuuuuut- *Heroes charge boss* I STILL GOTCHA, B*TCH! *Heroes dive forwards but boss ducks, dodging their attack and killing everyone with one forward swing of his sword*

18%- Boss gains permanent Min/Max buff, cooldown on Dustloop ability is removed and Special Attack/Limit Break ability cooldowns are significantly reduced. Overrides last boss mode and continues until end of battle.

Boss: There! I've got it!
Hero: Got what?
Boss: The creation of your demise...The ultimate min/max combo! Behold it's ultimate power!
Hero: Oh jeeze not this aga- *Boss powers up in an explosion of golden energy and begin to glow gold* OHDAMNWE'REDONEAREN'TWE!?

10-1%- Gains Min/Max buff, cooldown on Dustloop ability removed and Special Attack/Limit Break ability cooldowns significantly recuded, but looses decent portions of HP when using Dustloop or Special Attacks/Limit Break moves. 18% HP boss mode overrides this, and continues as normal until the end of battle.

(Boss has computer generated voice)
Boss: HARD MODE TURN ON!!!
Hero: WHAT YOU SAY!?
Boss: ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
Hero: YOU HAVE SET US UP THE BOMB!?
Boss: MAKE YOUR TIME! HAHAHAHAHA!

The fight would end by bringing the boss down to 1 HP. The reward for beating him? You get him in your party, of course! Not that it matters, because you would need to beat the game first, but braging rights and the final achievement for the game are good enough, eh?
Somehow this thread has evolved from a discussion of annoying boss quotes to an in depth description of made up bosses.

Gotta give ya credit though, as an actual boss this guy would probably make me want to kill myself, but as a parody of JRPG hidden bosses it's brilliant and uses just about every convention there is when it comes to making a boss unnecessarily hard.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
"You do realize that I'm just a reflection of yourself, and in defeating me, you effectively end your own existence?

BY THE WAY."

Sep 14, 2009
"all your base are belong to us" would be mine i think...

just for shits and giggles =]

then i would be this transporting amazingly fast sick ass cloaked dude that shot fire balls from all 7 dimensions at you!