What would you name your children?

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
I hope that the day I have kids I'll have a boy and a girl, the boy will be Daniel Alexander (both being names that I find elegant yet casual, also slightly inspired by Amnesia: The Dark Descent's main character and villain) and the girl will be Elizabeth Marie (Elizabeth taken from the upcoming Bioshock Infinite game and Marie because it seems like a fitting middle name to go with it). But I also have a few extra names just in case I don't get what I want, names like James (Fallout 3), Henry (Amnesia, taken from Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa), Sam/Samantha, Katherine or Caroline (all three random names I like).

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
At the moment, I would name them after my grandparents because I myself, am named after my grandfather. I thought of a lot of other options, such as the continuation of names (II or Jr.), but I would want to honor and remember my grandparents by naming my future kids after them.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
A son I would name Donald, I come from a mini-clan of men named Donald as I am Donald the III. I want my son to be the 4th.

As for a potential daughter... I haven't really thought about it that much.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
I have a name for my first son and my first two daughters already picked out.

James Maynard (I'm a gigantic Tool fan, what can I say?)
Sophia Kindred (Sophia is Greek for "wisdom". It's also the name of one of the characters in VALIS, my favourite book. Kindred after Philip K. Dick, the author of VALIS)
Shannon Yvonne (the slightly modified name of one of my greatest, oldest friends)

IMO, those are some pretty badass names with some pretty badass namesakes.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
If hes a boy Im naming him Jacob and call him jake (if he doesnt mind), because I owe my friend Jake that much, since he's always been there for me. Though Joshua is also a name I enjoy.

for a girl, id either say Amy or... hm. Amy or Rebecca.

of course I'll listen to my mutual partner for their opinoin, but this is what I would name them. and barring that maybe make it their middle name.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Being the sucker for tragedy, conflict and all, I'm drawn to the classical Greek names. So, for girls: Cassandra; Megaera; or Eris. A 'normal' name I'm fond of though is Marisa...

As for boys names: Maximillian; Lucian; and Alexis... 'cos I'm odd like that...

BTW anyone know the etymology of 'Lucian'?

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Anezay said:
/b/ dubs decides
somebody did that and ended up calling his son Courage Wolf (he posted a picture of the birth certificate)
daughter: Lain
son: Luke

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
First name Mario , second name speedwagon

Mario speedwagon _______ works with any name to make it sound amazingzz

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Male: Kieran, Lucian, Arthur, Ajax, Apollo, Kheiron, Alphonse, Bastien, Dmitri, Edgar

Female: Gwynevere, Cassandra, Astrid, Amber, Io, Luna, Selena

The middle name would be Bernadette after my grandmother, who is the greatest person in the world, ever.

Though, being gay and not liking kids, I won't likely be having any anytime soon.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
henritje said:
Anezay said:
/b/ dubs decides
somebody did that and ended up calling his son Courage Wolf (he posted a picture of the birth certificate)
daughter: Lain
son: Luke
That is the best thing I have heard all day.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I've always liked the ring of 'Markus' and 'Hannah' respectively, so I guess those would be my first choices.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Don't really want kids, but a first choice would be Alex. Either short for Alexander or Alexandra. Easy.
Damnit that was my idea. With that stolen I would name them Vector because mathematical graphics are cool. You could shorten in to Vex which sounds more like a name.

Edit: I could go for Wolfgang

pipsiscool

Aug 17, 2011
After today, I would definitely name a daughter of mine Cadence. No idea what I would name a son though...

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
For a boy:
Dante
Henry
Ethan
Sebastian
Tobias
Graham
Vincent

and for a girl:
Cybil
Sylvia
Miriam
Judith
Cynthia
Dominie (I believe that is correct spelling)
Bertha

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
Girls: Anastasia, Zelda, Beatrice...
Boys: Dexter, Oliver...

I'll think of more later. I won't be poppin' out babies for a good few years.