What would your career be in The Elder Scrolls?

aXFireXHeartXa

Jun 24, 2010
Say The Elder Scrolls was a reality and you lived on Tamriel at any given time period, what do you think you would do for a living? Blacksmith? Mage? Pirate? In Morrowind and Skyrim Dwemer ruins were always my favorite places to explore, so I think I would be a Dwemer Scholar, going into old ruins and studying them and writing a book or two about my discoveries.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
I'd probably be a hunter. The longest-running character I've ever done in a TES game was a Bosmer hunter. It was surprisingly fun to roam around pointedly not doing the quests all my other characters focused on.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
A wandering scholar and pilgrim. Always handy to have the favour of the Divines when up the creek without a paddle. Probably Zenithar, because the followers of Stendarr are douches. Trying to get along with as many people as possibly through trade would ensure being able to see a great deal more of the world than those who lived by the sword and got into a fight with every inebriated, sweary bandit they met on the road.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Probably a Smithy. After years and years of being shouted by a very angry Orc, I'll finally be able to craft swords worthy for battle!

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
A bard. But not the Orc, I don't want to die. Maybe like the Talsgar the Wanderer because I love to travel. That sounds cool.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Politician. The people of Skyrim have no democratic representation whatsoever, and it's implicated that the whole of Tamriel has suffered some massive disaster that has reduced its population and technological level to a feudal society. It was really easy to stir up rebellion between kings, it shouldn't be that hard to stir up a revolution based on a famine or two.

Khinjarsi

Mar 14, 2011
Smith of some kind - fletcher or blacksmith. Or maybe an alchemist. Either way, making things.

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
A farmer, like 90% of the people here. That's how life works people, even in Tamriel.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Alchemist. It's the easiest job in the world. You don't even need to have your own equipment or ingredients. Just start with a bit of cash. Buy all the cheap reagents from your local dealer, mix them up right there in front of her - using her own crafting table - then sell her back the results. If you accidentally put something poisonous in a healing potion, that's cool, she'll buy it anyway. Five minutes work every day, then head off to the pub for some well deserved rest.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Likely a blacksmith, I like metalwork, selling things, weapons, and armour.

Or maybe an assasin, for... reasons.