What YouTube Channels you have Unsubscribed from?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Fireworks at this time of year? Say it ain't so.

YouTube is pretty much a day to day thing for me. Listening to my favourite YouTubers on their views about anything, sketches that are funny and fits the mood and random game play of Let's Players going nuts. The more we like what we see, higher the chance we subscribe to them. However, have you had to unsubscribe from a channel? What was it and why? Were you bored of the same thing being shown over and over again? The persons views becoming a bit more toxic and echoes the same thing?

For me;

The Young Turks - Yeah, it's a liberal channel but it's gotten to the point where they go a bit to left on many matters. They call out FOX News for spreading bullshit but they then do exactly the same. "Us versus them" nonsense. Pot calling the kettle black. My last straw was when they ran a video titled "Why religious children are stupid". We get it, religion isn't for everyone and it's certainly not for me but just because a person believes and follows a religion, DOES NOT make them automatically stupid and calling children who believes in that, is a pretty low low move. Their comment section is very toxic too and I just had to get out if there.

AMC Movies - I really like John Snepp... and that's the only good thing I can say about that show now. If I keep hearing about another Star Wars related news, I will flip. The channel just got a bit dull for me nothing was exciting me about it. So I just unsubscribed and thats it.

I will add more if I can remember them. So, what YouTube channels have you unsubscribed from before?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
These three come to my mind-

Freddiew/ Rockjump
I used to loved his channel for his incredible special effect and funny videos like the Flower warfare (it was really interesting seeing the flower like shape effects from the gunfire) but then his newer videos became dull when they went more toward camera effects than special. Then when he rebranded himself with Rocketjump and doing the videogame Highschol, I competely lost interest toward his video altogether.
I suppose CorridorDigital had pretty much replaced him.

Oxhorn
He made some great War of Warcraft machinima video but once he started making video about cigerrate and pipes (he competely miss the mark on his target audiences) he became lost to me. Granted these days he stop making his WOW video altogether to be a family man which is a reasonble understanding (raising his child is his top piroty now than to make more video).

Blame Society Films/ Chad Vader
I subscribed them for Chad Vader which as with any live action show goes, it was great at the first seaon but as they made more and more season, the quality of the show decreased. Even then I wasn't much of a fans for their other non Chad Vader videos and there is a long period of new Chad Vader content.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Necroscope 86: I like his style but for as many other people I subscribe to his ability to do multiple large (15-30+min vids) in a day meant he was too overwhelming to keep up with.

Hmm I thought there were more. Though I have had to unsubscribe a lot as when I listen to music on my phone from youtube I accidentally hit the subscribe button on the page for the song so when I get back to my computer I have the most random subscriptions.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Marble Hornets/Tothearc - But that had to do with the series being over so there was no need to be subscribed to see what happens next

TwelveTribe - Because even though there is supposed to be a second season... he lead up and did nothing for nearly a year now. I might subscribe if he starts being active again

Internet Aristocrat - Because... *cough* Let's just not talk about why.

JustSomeRandomGuy - I get that he went through a rough patch where he broke up with girlfriend and all that but the reduced frequency and quality of his show just was nail in the coffin for it.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
The Game Theorists: The videos got WAY too clickbaity with the thumbnails and titles.

Vsauce: I feel like the answers he would give is always "yes"... but not to the question in the video's title.

retsupurae: The games they were talking over were always old and ugly. I don't want to see videos of them.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Only one really:

Extra Credits and yeah it was because of gamergate. That one still hurts. I still respect them and what they do, but I still couldn't support them.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Uhh, well, There's only been one for me, It happened about sometime last year.
I unsubbed to Gamegrumps because a certain somebody left.

Although I'm probably going to unsub from GameExplain too soon, they just aren't holding my interest

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
I've never unsubbed from a YouTube channel. I stopped watching The Young Turks because I can't keep up with how many vids they post, and their stories were getting very same-y and uninteresting. Other channels fell through the cracks from time to time, but I always come back to catch up. Basically, if it's not SourceFed (and SourceFedNerd), Extra Credits, Cracked, Explosm, Hank and Jed, or JonnyEthco, I don't really keep up regularly.

However; channels I BLOCKED so I don't have to see them pop up in my recommended videos list are Amazing Atheist, InternetAristocrat, and Stephan Molyneux. Why YouTube is so hot on selling these channels to me is beyond my ken.

AndrewEB

Oct 12, 2014
Country
Canada
None; because unsubscribing from a channel just literally because they don't share your opinions on a single issue, even if you agreed with them on many other issues and/or have been entertained by their work really makes you a thin-skinned child who doesn't take dissent and criticism well.

As for other reasons like many of the ones listed above, perfectly understandable.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Ray William Johnson. I thought it was funny when I was younger. Then I realized he was just profiting from other people's video's by taking the most popular ones and quickly editing them together in his own video.

Phillip Defranco. At first he was pretty okay with his 'stuff phil likes' and such. There were just some interesting tid bits of news in there every now and then. But once he got his team and started...'expanding' it just got terrible. Thumbnails/Titles being pure click bait, informative stories making place for sensationalist celebrity 'news' and other things I just didn't care about at all, etc. It started to feel like something a kid with ADHD would watch.

And...those are the only ones I can think of. I'm pretty damn critical with my subscribes. Only if I consistently watch a channel for weeks or even months with a clear interest in what next video might come out, with I subscribe. ^^;;

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Probably a bunch, but hell if I can remember. I've unsubbed mostly because someone wasn't making content I liked anymore. Not a political or hate statement, just...My YoutUbe feed has enough stuff in it.

Closest I've come is TheBible Reloaded. And they were mostly just boring me, too. I did think they were slowly disappearing up their own asses, but I'm not sure that would have stopped me if they were still entertaining me.

Andrew Eden-Balfour said:
None; because unsubscribing from a channel just literally because they don't share your opinions on a single issue, even if you agreed with them on many other issues and/or have been entertained by their work really makes you a thin-skinned child who doesn't take dissent and criticism well.

As for other reasons like many of the ones listed above, perfectly understandable.
I didn't think this was about unsubbing over a single issue. I thought it was just a general thing.

AndrewEB

Oct 12, 2014
Country
Canada
Zachary Amaranth said:
Probably a bunch, but hell if I can remember. I've unsubbed mostly because someone wasn't making content I liked anymore. Not a political or hate statement, just...My YoutUbe feed has enough stuff in it.

Closest I've come is TheBible Reloaded. And they were mostly just boring me, too. I did think they were slowly disappearing up their own asses, but I'm not sure that would have stopped me if they were still entertaining me.

Andrew Eden-Balfour said:

I didn't think this was about unsubbing over a single issue. I thought it was just a general thing.
A few of the comments on here kind of fit the bill of what I was talking about, even though the topic wasn't about that.

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
So, here's the thing. If someone entertains me once, they can do it again. Youtube content costs me nothing, so once I find a channel that makes me happy, I stick with it except:

if they simply stop uploading. If it's been a month, two, or three? I unsubscribe.

If the content is something I don't enjoy I never subscribe to begin with.

Also, I don't understand the concept of unsubscribing because a channel puts out too much content? Just, don't watch if you don't have time. Flag videos for watch later. You don't need to 'keep up' with someone, you're not going to miss out on anything. It's just commentary and small jokes here and there...

There are movies made 20 years ago that I like to this day. I didn't one day decide I will never again watch it just because I don't have time for it right now. Someday, I will find the time and enjoy it fully.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I've never subscribed to anything begin with.

I'm stuck in my old ways and am happy with them. I have a batch of 15 or so youtube channels that I just open as bulk favorites daily to see if they have new content.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Yogscast Because they got Boring, repetitive, and they started doing non-Minecraft things I didn't care for. Plus, I only liked Simon and Louis (I think that's their name), the rest of them where boring/annoying from the get go.

Gamechap and Bertie, two Brits playing Minecraft mods, also got boring, and I had kind of gotten bored with Minecraft at that point.

Machinima because they really got far away from what they started as, a place that made fun video series inspired by Video Games. Now they're mainly a news station for some reason with a split off channel that kind of focuses on Machinima.

Oxhorn because he stopped making videos for a year.

Spiffworld for the same reason, but for years.

Robert Benfer because he stopped making Unforgotten Realms stuff (At least from my last check).

Shippidge because he stopped making Smashtasm on his channel, although I do like his Pokemon SFM series.

I think I've unsubbed from others, but I can't remember...

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
EyeReaper said:

Although I'm probably going to unsub from GameExplain too soon, they just aren't holding my interest
Interesting to me because I just started subscribing to Gamer Grumps thanks to Markiplier and Wade's Spore Let's Play. He suggested Game Grumps as a subscribe and to watch their Spore playthrough.

What made you decide to unsubscribe to Gamer Grumps?

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
DeimosMasque said:
EyeReaper said:

Interesting to me because I just started subscribing to Gamer Grumps thanks to Markiplier and Wade's Spore Let's Play. He suggested Game Grumps as a subscribe and to watch their Spore playthrough.

What made you decide to unsubscribe to Gamer Grumps?
Gamegrumps used to be Jontron and Egoraptor, but Jon left town to work on his own channel more, and was replaced with Danny, and Steam train and all that.

I didn't like Danny. Eventually, I relegated to just watching the Steam Train episodes that was Erin and Ross, and a couple of those Board game ones with Barry, but honestly Jon was the main reason I was watching, and with him gone I just lost interest.

It's kinda like if your favorite band replaced their singer one day, and you just can't stand his voice.
(Also, I'd just like to say, have no problems with the people who do like, or prefer Dan to Jon. Just personal preference is all)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Kootra- I subscribed to him back when he actually made machinima and I really like the stuff he made. He said he was going to get back to it after a vacation but then he got into Minecraft and I just stopped watching his stuff after a while.(mostly because I fell behind due to being involved in a play at the time, but I pretty much just stopped caring)

Yogscast- I thought they were okay for a while, but when they're releasing like ten or more thirty minute videos a day, half of which I didn't even want to watch, I just stopped caring.

There were also a few animation hub channels and such that I was subscribed to and had to let go of because I was getting too backed up and couldn't watch it all. I've managed to catch up and resubscribed to one or two of them, but can't currently be arsed to try and do the same to the others.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
I've unsubbed to a few dead channels that didn't really do anything anymore. But other than that...

Woodys Gamertag: I only really like Mail Monday, thinking of subbing again since he restarted the series.

The Amazing Atheist: I unsubbed around the time he started doing a lot of pop-culture vids. Preffered the theological stuff. Idk what he's doing now.

The Young Turks: I decided it was time for me to stop giving a crap about America. Let them deal with their own problems.

Thunderfoot: Subbed for the theological stuff. Unsubbsed after a while when he went back to mostly sciencey stuff, not a big science buff.