What'd you name your Shepard and why?

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.

Clay Hanson

May 21, 2010
I wanted to move away from the default John, just to not use the default. So I went with the equally generic Jack. After enough hours in that I didn't want to restart, I realized the similarity to the Lost character. (I even think this is the character that I've pulled through ME2).

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
duktapeman90 said:
So yeah, self explanatory, gimme a name and and explanation. And just for fun, maybe throw in a pic or a screencap if you didn't go with the default look.

I named my mine Adrian. 10 internets to the guy who first gets that reference. I used the default MaleShep so no pic for you.
Half Life Opposing Force reference?
I know because I did the same thing

Son of a Mitch

Aug 7, 2011
I have two Sheps. The first one is Derpa Derp Shepard (male), because his face looks like it was hit by a train and talks with freaky duck lips. The other is Herpa Herp Shepard (female), and she looks like a 60 year old, insanely strict, stereotypical, Russian gymnastics trainer. It's really funny watching their fucked up faces in really serious situations, and even funnier when they try to smile.

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
Baron von Blitztank said:
duktapeman90 said:

You win the internets! *high five*

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
duktapeman90 said:

Half-Life: Opposing Force

Edit: Curses. Ninja'd.

My first/main Shepard (the one I originally completed ME1 with and imported to ME2) was Samantha Shepard, mostly because she was vaguely visually based on Samantha Carter from Stargate SG-1.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
My femshep name was Karen, named after the character Karen S'jet in Homeworld. Such a great game, so few people to remember it...
Maleshep was named Andrew, because I like the name.

Evidently I prefer my femshep. And she's got red hair.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Made him as fugly as the game would let me and gave him a silly name I can't remember...

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
Good one female Beck shepard as I made it look vaguely like me, red hair blue eyes and male Aaron shepard which looks like my flatmate short black hair face stubble and a scar and hes an asshole

airlife101

Jul 23, 2011
Jean-Luc; then make Shepard look as much like Patrick Stewart as humanly possible.

Then proceed to be disappointed after the first few minutes was watching a Picard lookalike speaking with an American accent; then just switch to the default MaleShep.

Dec 14, 2009
Aiden Shepard for mah maleShep and Faye for mah femShep!

No reason, really, other than the fact I like those names.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
The main one I used is named Dan.
Bet you'll never guess what my actual name is.

I also made my first one named Jin. Boy, aren't I just bursting from the seams with creativity? Did manage to give him a decent looking custom face though. Best part is, I even know how to make it if I want to play through again. :)

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Baron von Blitztank said:
duktapeman90 said:

'nother Adrian here xD Admittedly, it was an Opposing Force reference at first (despite the fact that I never played that game), but I stuck with it because I really enjoy the name xD

For the record, between games-

FemShep, Vanguard turned Infiltrator in 2. Dark brown hair (in the longest style), brown eyes, kinda pale. No scars, square-ish face shape.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Shepard Shepard, that way all the conversations can play out 2 ways, can remain formal with some, using her last name, or be on first name, intimate basis with others, using her first name.

flowzmental

Aug 5, 2011
Kept the name Shepard, but changed the look to make a Black guy (cause I'm Black). I do that with every game that gives me those options, but sometimes I change the name to mine or something Black.