What's a band you like, but no one else knows about?

philzibit

May 25, 2009
I'm one of those people that wonders the web, looking for bands I've never heard of. So I'm curious if the Escapist community has any recommendations of a band they like, but are still unknown to most of the world. Might just be some band that has played the local VFW, nothing wrong with that. I want to hear something I've never heard before, and my usually routes of finding new music are getting shorter and shorter.

An amazing band I've seen and been a fan of for a year or so now is We Are The Union. They are still relatively unknown, even though they're always touring. Good Pop Punk band with a lot of other influences. And chances are there coming to your area.

See, that's my recommendation, what's yours?

ChaosDragon

Jun 26, 2008
look up Rare Formula on myspace, i guess. They're a local group that does hip-hop, and it's actually not as terrible as you might think it is.

then again, it's just my opinion

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
I absolutely LOVE Kula Shaker but have yet to meet someone else who knows them. I'm sure they would be more well known in Britian.

Yunami

Oct 23, 2008
Abney Park. Little-known steampunk band. Quite catchy. They have their own website at www.abneypark.com

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
needausername said:
I quite like Placebo, but non of my mates like/have even heard of them.
Didnt 2 of the original 3 members leave? now its just one, refusing to let go of the name placebo.
Na I think it was only the drummer (and he was the last guy to join the band) that left.

JBarracudaL

Nov 15, 2008
I've never met any other fans of the French singers I like, Emily Loizeau, Pauline Croze, Camille... except on Last.fm of course.
I don't see very many fans of Rachel's, {{{Sunset}}}, Dirty Three, or Estradasphere floating around either.
My friends in real life know like, 20% of the artists I talk about, so that's why I'm going with people I encounter online.

psico666

Dec 8, 2008
Either Sherwood or Dashboard Confessional.
Not sure if they are known in America i dont know if they are big over there but nobody in Britain knows of them.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
For a band I can guarantee you've never heard of, try the Littlest Man Band, they were a side project of one of the members of Reel Big Fish, and they're awesome. Look up a song called "Always Sayin'" for starters.

Also try Neutral Milk Hotel.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
The Eels, I expected more people that I know to have heard of them, turns out none of them have.

S1apSh0es

Jun 10, 2009
Atheist. A technical progressive death metal band from Sarasota Florida. They were one of the first bands in the Florida metal scene to incorporate highly technical jazz bits into their music and in their final release in 1993, titled "Elements" even saw full on Samba and Jazz instrumentals. I have their discography, and they're probably the most amazing band I've ever listened to next to Cynic.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Raul Midon, Neutral Milk Hotel, Protest the Hero, Tegan and Sara, Glen Hansard, Thriving Ivory.

That's all I can think of for now.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
Q's without A's
Ill Intent
Concrete Grip
What Would Judas Do?
Brad and Brad's Brad & Brad show with Brad and Brad.
11 Days Deep

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Crass.

For the life of me, I can't find anyone else that's heard of them.
Then again, I do live in America... That may be why.