What's a dead franchise that completely deserved to die?

Akai Shizuku

Jul 24, 2009
RamenIsAwesome said:
Definitely Halo. Halo Wars should have never been created =\

and barbie.
historyfend13 said:
I am thinking tomb raider. It seems with every incarnation, her boobs get a little bit bigger, and the story not so much...
http://www.infocomgroup.net/falkow/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/skittles-791435.jpg
-gives hi-five and a bag of Skittles-

RAI251

Aug 4, 2009
Akai Shizuku said:
RamenIsAwesome said:
Definitely Halo. Halo Wars should have never been created =\

and barbie.
historyfend13 said:
I am thinking tomb raider. It seems with every incarnation, her boobs get a little bit bigger, and the story not so much...
http://www.infocomgroup.net/falkow/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/skittles-791435.jpg
-gives hi-five and a bag of Skittles-
I love skittles *_* Next time, sour plz and thank you

Riddick08

Jun 2, 2009
Anything made for the Eyetoy. EVER.

Also, Rayman got annoying and the generic Mech/Gundam games were horrible (excluding MechWarrior).

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
lostclause said:
I know, I'm hoping that that was the last one we'll see (that's why I added the brackets afterwards, it's a bit too soon to tell).
I would say that they might still redeem themselves with a good fourth game, but this is EA we're talking about, so I'm just gonna say that EA can go perform morally questionable acts with small animals. It's a pity they're holding so many formerly/potentially good franchises hostage.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Random argument man said:
paroxysm11 said:
With no offense to any Sega fan, and several tears on my part, Sonic. He should be dead by now.
He already is. The fastest zombie on the planet.
If you look carefully, you can see the rotting flesh hanging off him as he runs.

DoombladeGrimscythe

Aug 5, 2009
Series thats dead (alteast last i checked) and should stay that way is the Jak and Daxter series. first game was good, then it too a nose dive trying to do racing and adding run and gun and car jacking. if i wanted to do those i would play GTA, or if i wanted guns in my platformer i would play Racket and Clank. i'm torn on condeming the spryos series, the first 3 were good, everything after that was complete garbage. if insomniac would have put a little more effort to spryo there still might be a decent dragon game to play.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
xxhazyshadowsxx said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Bubsy. May the gaming Gods watch over us and make sure that little orange fuck never invades our consoles again.
To think.. I actually put that piece of shit into my Playstation.
From now on:

PUBLIC ENEMY #1. SHOOT ON SIGHT.
See, I remember playing the original on the SNES as a youngster and getting a kick from it. But then again I've seen clips from the 3D game, which was enough for me to start punching myself in the crotch to distract myself from the horror.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Strategia said:
lostclause said:
I know, I'm hoping that that was the last one we'll see (that's why I added the brackets afterwards, it's a bit too soon to tell).
I would say that they might still redeem themselves with a good fourth game, but this is EA we're talking about, so I'm just gonna say that EA can go perform morally questionable acts with small animals. It's a pity they're holding so many formerly/potentially good franchises hostage.
Nothing against EA myself, I just think that the franchiase is trying to sell itself on more and more impratical weaponry and more and more demonised views of the russians. It's just getting silly and I dread to think what they'll put in the next one.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
I wish to express emotions of rage against the ingorance of the topic's nature and the ill wishes of those whose views do not match my own.

I am now expressing emotions of rage against the ingorance of the topic's nature and the ill wishes of those whose views do not match my own.

Raaargh.

I have now completed expressing emotions of rage against the ingorance of the topic's nature and the ill wishes of those whose views do not match my own.

I will now respond to the topic appropriately.

Looking around my room, the only representations of dead franchises I can see are a) Back to the Future, b) Dinosaurs, c) Pagan Greek Culture, d) Airplane! There are also several representations of living series that I personally feel should cease existence, but those are irrevelant to the subject of this thread. Please note that the aforementioned examples are not those I feel deserved their death; however, I am pleased that they were allowed a proper rest.

Also, in response to the person who said he/she/it (I do not wish to judge) dislikes pokemon fanboys: We hate you too, buddy. We hate you too.

Jul 31, 2009
I'll nominate Duke Nukem.
I fail to see the appeal in playing basically the same game again with some more lame one-liners and slightly more detailed money to put in panties...
With the abundance of first person shooters now, the game wouldn't be able to pull its weight the way it did back then. Sure, it was fun, back in the days. Now, the things that made it fun and unique aren't anymore.

Yeah, I don't mind not ever seeing a Duke Nukem Forever.

AOTA

Aug 5, 2009
Da Joz said:
Jon Etheridge said:
Bubsy. May the gaming Gods watch over us and make sure that little orange fuck never invades our consoles again.
You took mine!
Im going to have to go with my backup and say spyro the dragon.
I sure hope you are not talking about the original spyro series on the playstation 1 and 2... those games were awesome. i still play them every once in a while

xdirtyboots

Aug 1, 2009
The matrix. first movie was good, next two were ass.

i'd like to say the simpsons, but it's signed on for like 7 or 8 more fucking seasons, sadly

Burnoutparade

Jul 30, 2009
classyplatypus said:
What is a franchise that ended, and totally needed to end?
The Mario Franchise... Mario's moving into a septic tank (where Sonic the hedgehog lives) right behidnd a hospital.

SeniorDingDong

Jan 8, 2008
Seems to me the topic might be too challenging for some...

Mario, Sonic, FF, Halo etc aren´t "ended" - this woulld mean it actually had happend, but you all know they are still alive and coming. You are asked for already dead like stone franchises and the reason why they deserved it - not the ones you wanna see dead.

I have to admid that a good example in the OP had helped a lot.

Rouge Squadron - it was a rough end after two great (atleast visually, I found them a bit frustrating) games on the previous Nintendo systems they failed with the last one for the Cube in sales and quality. The ground missions in Rouge Leader : Rebel Strike were pure pain (just like in Starfox Assault) and the arcady lifes system and trial and error mission structure began to feel very old.

After the company abandoned the almost perfect system for flight games, the series already came to an end because FACTOR 5 made LAIR and is in heavy troubles right now. Kind of sad, because their roots reach back to some great Commodore 64 games.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
Any franchise that re-makes an 80's cartoon! You know - the whole "Franchise"

Movie/Games/Books/Happy Meals tie in.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
The Unreal franchise - that is, the story side.

Unreal 2 was so pisspoor compared to the original I don't think it deserves a second chance ¬_¬