What's Dark Souls, why is Ace Attorney as big a deal as it is, and have Atlus ever done anything?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
So just let those of us who enjoy them do so in peace. We're not hurting anything, and you're not "missing" anything. Just different strokes, is all.
Not so sure about that. If a person says they like COD, it's causing a bit of the escapist physical pain. >.>

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I played the hell out of 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All' thank you very much! Enjoyed every second.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I do not understand the bitterness here.

People aren't allowed to be excited for Demon's Souls because it isn't from an existing franchise? You're pissed because the Escapist posted articles about the whacky stuff in the Catherine collectors edition? It makes you angry that people have enjoyed the Ace Attorney games more than you?

I've never played an Atlus game, so I have no idea if they're as good as people say. (I'd like to try one some day, I lack the required consoles.) But I really don't get why the OP is so sore about them.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Korten12 said:
Susan Arendt said:
So just let those of us who enjoy them do so in peace. We're not hurting anything, and you're not "missing" anything. Just different strokes, is all.
Not so sure about that. If a person says they like COD, it's causing a bit of the escapist physical pain. >.>
What's wrong with liking COD? Many millions of people like COD. Nothing wrong with enjoying getting online and shooting some people in the face for a bit. Now, if it's there favourite game, then there might be something wrong.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Legion IV said:
The Wykydtron said:
Kudos to you, i never thought someone would manage to insult my two favourite games in one post...

Excuse me i need to go punch a wall... Should i scream Objection! Or PERSONA! While doing so?

Choices, choices...

Oh yeah go play Persona 4 when you're through being cynical, then you'll see why everyone loves Atlus (baist gaem evar and all that)

And Dark Souls is the sequel to Demon's Souls (i think)
Ya it woulda been if Persona 4's story was a complete lie and lied to you the entire game and how the characters relationships actually arnt all that strong and there not really that close AND THAT ENDING, Oh my God i hate this game!

Sorry just whenever someone brings up Persona 4 i get so made, I've never hated a game so much. The game just lies to you, it really does. It could have been a masterpiece but its my least favorite game, a games never made me so mad....
Lie? I know a mystery story needs to keep it's cards close to it's chest (and in the case of P4, the game only shows it's true hand at the very very end) but as the song says the running theme of Reach Out to the Truth was the most consistent thing in the game.

And which ending? If you got the Bad Ending (the one with the hospital) you only need to win the arguement with your party and bam game continues

Reach the True Ending, then we'll talk about masterpieces

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Stealthygamer said:
Are you just trying to piss off everybody on this forum?
That is the point of a troll.
OP: You make controversial statements and haven't returned yet. The Atlus paragraph is especially telling. They have a stellar track record and dozens of games under their belt. You dismiss the entire company with a wave of your hand.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Jadak said:
Korten12 said:
Susan Arendt said:
What's wrong with liking COD? Many millions of people like COD. Nothing wrong with enjoying getting online and shooting some people in the face for a bit. Now, if it's there favourite game, then there might be something wrong.
You proved my point. The fact that you said that their must be something wrong with them if it is their favorite game, is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with COD, only when people on the escapist start acting like they're supeiror for not playing it, is when I got a problem.

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
CrankyStorming said:
And that's just games that are released. Everyone keeps begging Level 5 to release this one game. You know the one, the one that combines the intelligence and thought behind their man in a top hat with an internet meme from about 5 years ago. Seriously, what besides "OBJECTION!" do you actually remember about the Ace Attorney games? I bet you don't even remember that's what they're called. And that game gets all this commotion when a game Level 5 DID release a few months ago by (I presume) the same writing duo of Hino and Shinkai about football that all the critics seem to be in disagreement about has been ignored completely by us, not even one link to a US petition.
Ok, that part confused me. What do we remember about Ace Attorney besides "Objection"?

...A lot? They were fun games. The meme wasn't all of value that came from the series.
While I don't care much for the hyoe around Dark Souls I adore thee Ace Attourney series, Apollo justice less so but still enjoyed it.

I've beat them so many times i've actually done a playthough in french (despite speaking nothing but english) to see just how much of it i can mangae dispite the language barrier. Turns out quite a lot.

Zarmi

Jul 16, 2010
Wait, someone who hasn't picked up what Dark Souls is? Spend more time on ANY gaming website, perhaps? Just saying...