What's getting you down at the moment?

Huttser

Nov 22, 2010
The Afrodactyl said:
Huttser said:
My Uncle's liver gave out and he died on monday. Also the funeral is today.
Shit man, I'm sorry for your loss. How you holding up?
I'm doing as well as I could be. Of my 5 uncles he was the one that I was closest to and gained the most from. About 3 years ago he was diagnosed with cancer and the doctor said he wouldn't live for more than a year and a half, so that shows what a fighter he really was. But he didn't let his, condition, alter who he was. He was a great guy and fought until the end, and when you get down to it thats all a person can do. He was able to smile in the face of death, which displays who he really was and how strong he was. So I could be doing worse, but its a pretty awful way to spend your spring break.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Blair Bennett said:
Right now? Sleep deprivation. I've been running on 1-3 hours of sleep a night for a while now, and consider myself lucky to have this compared to what it's been in the past.

On the subject I haven't stopped bitching about all day? My apparent lack of the ability to become employed.

I'm hoping I'll feel better tomorrow though, as there's a concert I'll be going to, and despite myself, I'm quite excited.
I can't sleep at the moment, I think it's affecting my vision. I think I may be finding the reason soon. I'm going to university soon, and I'm behind on everything in supposed to have dine as a human being. I have no job, no social life, and I'm still a virgin. If anyone finds out, I fear I will suffer the full wrath of humanities naturally violent reactions to such evolutionary dead ends as me. The only way to stop this would be succeeding in all these areas in a few months, or formulate a lie good enough to last three years.

I'm screwed.

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Sounds like a good thread to vent...

Well, my families house burned down a month and 9 days ago. It was a total burn, so we lost virtually everything. This includes our four cats, which, while I know the fire was not my fault, I feel responsible for not having saved them. I'm what you might call an animal person, so they really meant a lot to me, and I can imagine others can relate. I've lost several pets over my lifetime, but losing four at once to a fire has been pretty difficult to cope with. I keep going over in my head what I imagine their terrifying final moments of life were like, before being incinerated alive (or suffocated from the smoke), and I must admit that it really eats me apart inside. I've been getting better lately, but I had nightmares on a regular basis for the first couple weeks.

Lived at a neighbours house for about a week after the fire, and since then I've been living in a hotel (which sucks).

I'm feeling nauseous and bloated from the hotel food because I'm used to home-made cooking. After weeks of the hotels cooking, it's started to take its toll on my digestive system.

I also have a blood disorder, but for once it actually seems to be getting better (figured I'd throw something somewhat positive into this).

At least I'm old enough to legally drink (in Canada).

Valknott

Mar 9, 2011
Two of my roommates are assholes. It's not getting me down, it's just pissing me off and making me hate them. One is a long time friend who I've lost nearly all respect for. And the other is a kid that seemed cool and reasonable, until I lived with him.

The latter refuses to clean the bathroom, and refuses to believe that I've cleaned the bathroom when it's pretty obvious when a toilet goes from being mold filled, scum stained, and mineral deposit laden to perfectly clean. The kid has used my shower bar some to "clean" the rim of the toilet once when his parents were coming over. This obviously did nothing but make my soap disgusting and leave green smears on top of the other toilet filth. He constantly makes food, and never cleans his pots or pans.

The former, my friend from middle school, whines and whines about how nobody ever helps him clean the kitchen or anything else. Well the only reason me and the other reasonable roommate stopped helping is because the one kid never cleans up after himself and we got sick of it. So we don't cook, we have our own trash cans in our own rooms and clean up only after ourselves. The great thing here is that he wont talk to the problem kid about it, he's just started letting everything pile up until he can't cook anymore and then he cleans everything and bitches for another week.

Needless to say I cannot wait until this lease is up, and I hope I don't snap and kill these two before it's over./rant

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
I have to go back to the hospital on Tuesday to get more chemotherapy...missing all of my spring break, which is kind of lame. This year got off to a good start, but it really has been just awful so far. But things are starting to look up a little bit, which is good.

Also, it gets kind of lonely staying at home...at least I have the Escapist to keep me company =)