What's in your 3DS collection?

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
For those of you with a 3DS (or even a 2DS), what games are in your collection? Which console do you have? Which games were worth it? Which weren't? Any good buys from the eShop?

I bought a New 3DS XL the other day (my first handheld since the Game Boy Pocket) and the following games:
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Resident Evil: Revelations

And these are in the mail somewhere:
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

So far I've only played about 20 mins of A Link Between Worlds, and about 40 mins of RE: Revelations, so I can hardly give any recommendations there. Both are fun so far though, when I can keep still enough to keep the 3D effects playing nice. Aiming in RE with the analog nub is taking some getting used to though.

Random Encounter

Feb 17, 2011
I've got the regular 3DS. Here are some games that I recommend:

Cave Story 3D: I've only played the pixel version but this is more or less the same game just with a 2.5D upgrade. You should get this version if you haven't tried this game yet.

Super Mario 3D Land: A Three dimensional platformer, though whilst not as varied as 3D World, is still a lot of fun. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is also good if your looking for a more traditional 2D platformer.

Mario Kart 7: If you looking for a good racing game for the 3DS then this is the one to get. Great courses and soundtrack.

Super Smash Bros 3DS: Best fighting game for this device although doesn't offer as much content as the Wii U version. (Although both versions have all the same characters).

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I have a regular 3DS from back when the Ambassador Program was one of the big reasons to buy one early. I'm planning on upgrading to a N3DSXL eventually (waiting for E3 to hear if they're going to release new colors or special ones). Anyway, my collection;

3D Classics Urban Champion (eShop. Fun for the first couple of minutes...bare-bones 1V1 fighting game. Kinda slow)
Alleyway (GB-VC. This is Breakout and I had my fun with it)
Balloon Fight (NES-VC. This is Joust only without the awesome fantasy settings/set pieces.)
Donkey Kong JR. (NES-VC. Like arcade DK...not bad)
Earthworm Jim (DS eShop. Good game overall, not nearly as hard as the original...that could just be me though)
F-Zero Maximum Velocity (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. It's like the SNES F-Zero)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. I liked it but it's no Awakening)
Gunman Clive (eShop. BUY THIS NOW, IT'S $3 AND INCREDIBLE! Slower than Contra, awesome art style, side-scrolling-shooter...with platforms and duck mode)
Ice Climbers (NES-VC. Platformer...I think...I didn't have fun with it)
Johnny Kung-Fu (eShop. It's a weird action game, kinda game&watch-like at times. It's charming though and I had my fun)
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. It's like subspace emissary only exclusively featuring Kirby...4 of them)
Kirby's Dream Land (GB-VC. It's a classic though save-states make it insultingly easy)
LoZ: Four Sword Anniversary (DS eShop. I didn't have fun with this game...it doesn't feel like a real Zelda game)
Legend of Zelda (NES-VC. The first LoZ, a fun world to explore though the graphics are archaic. May be frustrating without a guide)
LoZ: The Minish Cap (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. It's like Link to the Past but the other world is a tiny one. It's enjoyable but not my favorite LoZ)
Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. It's like the SNES Mario Kart)
Mario vs Donkey Kong (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. Odd sort of puzzle-platformer...like lemmings.)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB-VC. It's fun and feels like a good in-between for Metroid and Super Metroid. I haven't beaten it but it's fun to play. Nice exploration)
Metroid Fusion (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. Tons of fun, even if it's more linear than previous Metroid titles. Controls kind of hurt after a while)
Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES-VC. Like LoZ only with a Feudal Japan theme and a lot more ranged attacks. Pretty fun, not as much exploration)
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon (GB-VC. Frustratingly difficult but only $3...save states help it)
Picross (GB-VC, I like it...take minesweeper but turn it into a pixel art puzzle game)
Pokemon Battle Trozei (3ds E-Shop. Not really my thing...I was thinking it would be more puzzle quest but I'm just not liking it personally)
Retro City Rampage DX (eShop. top-down GTA with video game references and a faster pace. Funny and tons of fun)
Steamworld Dig (eShop. Think Terraria only you're a robot and you dig down. You surface only to sell ore and upgrade. Not a bad game, just a bit lacking)
Summer Arcade 92' RECCA (NES-VC. Freaking INSANE schmup. I don't understand how this worked on an NES. Tons of visceral fun)
Super Mario Bros (NES-VC. I'm not going to insult your intelligence by telling you about the most well known video game of all time)
Super Mario Land (GB-VC. A really good, if archaic, Mario platformer. You'll beat it within an hour)
Yoshi's Island: SMA3 (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop...and it's a game that I have on other platforms and am somewhat sick of despite it's quality)
Wario Land 4 (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. It's an underrated platformer, like many other Wario Land games. Tons of fun)
Warioware Inc. (GBA-VC...may not be available on eShop. Amazing game in general, probably my favorite from the Ambassador Program)
Wrecking Crew (NES-VC. Eh)
Yoshi (NES-VC. Not a tetris-clone drop-puzzler. It was alright but I would have preferred tetris...or a clone.)
Zelda II: Adventure of Link (NES-VC. Underrated LoZ title but one of the more satisfying to beat)

Animal Crossing New Leaf. It's a game about little things and may be considered boring by people who don't care about gathering fruit or bare-bones fishing.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate...is not a good Castlevania. It's a good Lords of Shadow but it wants to be God of War so bad, better just play that.
Code of Princess...a JRPG I think...haven't played a lot of it
Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic...another one I haven't played a lot of...it's Cooking Mama.
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights...it's like Professor Layton only it's not.
Fire Emblem Awakening. This is my all-time favorite J-SRPG. Good story, good characters, I like the way the combat and leveling look/work.
Gabriella's Ghostly Groove. It's a rhythm game...it's not terrible.
Kid Icarus Uprising. It's like Star Fox only it's...not...I prefer Star Fox but the banter isn't as good there.
Kingdom Hearts 3D...I don't remember the plot at all...think Birth By Sleep only you play as 2 characters instead of 3 and don't have to start all over to swap characters.
Kirby 3D. It's fun, it looks good...I don't remember the plot or levels very well...bosses were fun though.
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. My favorite on the 3DS
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It's the N64 game...I didn't care for this game then but they fixed the save system, thank Gods.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. It's the N64 game. It's a good game
Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon...Luigi's Mansions...it's got more mansions and the boss fights are WAY bigger.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. Good writing and I like the combat system.
Mario Kart 7. It's Mario Kart + underwater segments and gliding. Good fun even though it's missing ROB and Chunky Kong.
New Super Mario Bros 2. It's more NSMB but the final boss is lacking and the new power-up gimmick is a gimmick...coin-counting is finally a thing though...fun game.
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon X
Pokemon Y ... Pokemon on the 3DS is the same as always + hundreds of new ones. This is as close as we're getting to a console Pokemon...the 3D models looks great

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask...just couldn't engage me
Punch Time Explosion...don't buy this, Smash is out. Smash is better in every way unless you REALLY want to use Chowder to beat up Samurai Jack or, Captain Planet

Resident Evil: Revelations. It's a new RE that plays like an older RE. I haven't played the console version but I assume those are better.
Samurai Warriors Chronicles. It's a Warrior's game so, it's an arcady kill-em-all kinda game using historical figures. It's alright.
Shin Megami Tensei IV. This game is infuriatingly difficult for me...I never feel like I'm getting any stronger but I love the concept. It lets me use demons from the Goetia!
Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet. Think Marvel Ultimate Alliance but for a much younger audience. Not recommended unless you're hardcore into MUA.
Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. I find this more impressive than the Wii U version because I can play Smash on a public toilet. Excellent game!
Super Mario 3D Land. A 3D Mario that plays like a 2D Mario (levels, no hub-world). It's a lot of fun, definitely try it!
Theathrythm: Final Fantasy. My second-favorite game on the console. Do. Not. Buy. This. Game. Why?
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - Curtain Call. This makes the original feel like a demo. I played the original for 100+ hours. I'm not quite there with this one but I'm making progress.

So yeah...I summarized everything but if you want a REAL TL-DR kind of breakdown, I strongly recommend these 5 games;

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy - Curtain Call
Pokemon: Pick-yer-poison
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (or the N64 ones if you must, they're all at least decent but I'm biased against MM)
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Gunman Clive

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I love my 3DS

I got
Tale of the abyss: My favourite thing on the system having such a big English dub on the go is heaven for me.
LOZ Ocarina of time: Still holds up. And is deserving of all the hype its given, its also rare in the fact that it looks different in HD.
Resident Evil revelations: Best Resident Evil since 4.
Resident Evil the mercenaries: Good for Resident evil fans who want to kill 5 minutes every now and then.
Pokemon X and Y: Made Pokemon smell slightly fresher! but nothing too radical in the way of change.
Pokemon Omega Ruby: A straight up remake of the GBA title, its ok I guess. You can get Deoxys in game now which rocks.
Fire Emblem Awakening: Its a fire Emblem game without permadeath! thats like getting drunk without the liver damage.
Memories of the Shinsengumi: A visual novel where you play as a japanese no one in 1860, who has been captured by some hunkey boys. The Hunkey boys happen to be a kill squad working for the Shogun. It's Bizarre.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
I have the 3DS XL and it's definitely an awesome console. It's got some solid stuff out for it. My collection includes:

- Pokemon X and Y: It's Pokemon with shiny coat of paint and some good tweaks to the formula. The Fairy type is cool, the region is beautiful, the 3D graphics are top-notch; it's generally just as polished as the rest of them.
- Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire: Remakes of the Gen 3 Hoenn games with a whole wodge of added content. I didn't enjoy them quite as much as X or Y but they're still great all the same.
- Ace Attorney Trilogy: Contains the 3 GBA Phoenix Wright games. Solid visual novel/puzzle games and all with nice shiny new graphics for the 3DS release. I've beaten the first game and I'm just at the end of the first case in the second game and so far so good.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: A fantastic combination of two of my favourite series though the plot is a bit mad so far. I do love the way the game is split between the puzzle-solving Layton gameplay and the Phoenix Wright court cases, it's a lot of fun.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: A decent Zelda game. Looks nice, all the links to A Link to the Past are neat and the weapon-lending system is alright. It's ok, but not the best in the series.
- Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call: Probably my favourite game for the system. Craploads of songs from practically every Final Fantasy game in the series, plus loads of other games in the DLC, a surprisingly robust RPG system for all of the characters included and endless replayability.
- Bravely Default: A pretty solid JRPG, very much in the vein of Final Fantasy, with a fantastic class system and full of little tweaks that make the experience better than most JRPGs, like being able to set encounter rates and speed up battles to make them shorter.
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D: It's not the best Zelda game. It does, however, hold up brilliantly and the remake is gorgeous. But one step above it is...
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: I'd missed playing this. Almost the best in the series. The remake is fantastic and well-worth anyone's time.
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance: This is a cracking game. Most of the series is solid but the 3DS entry has some really neat features. The only issues are the occasional almost empty levels and one hell of a hard final boss.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2DS. My collection;

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire;
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds;
Yoshi's New Island;
Super Mario 3D Land;
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (which I never played much first time around).

The Zelda titles were both well worth the money.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
My list is rather short compared to some people's, but such is the curse of being a poor student. At least I have the Smash 3DS XL. Anyhoo, here's the list:

- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Love it. I've heard people whine about the difficulty but it's more tough but fair than anything else though I've yet to figure out how I'm supposed to unlock the path to the bookstore so I haven't encountered any bullshit yet.
- Fire Emblem: Awakening: My first Fire Emblem game and now I wonder why I didn't get any of the GBA titles for it back when it was the latest, hottest thing. Probably because I spent my allowance on Zelda and platformers instead.
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: A solid game, even if the title is a little unimaginative. I'm not pro tier, that's for sure, but boy it's fun to derp around on Gamers' Society night by spamming Aether as Ike.
- The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds: A decent time-sink but I think Minish Cap did it better in terms of handheld Zelda titles.
- Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Curtain Call: Help, I can't stop trying to All Critical songs in-between lectures. Help me. Seriously addicting despite my distain for its 'casualness'. Stay away if you can.
- Crimson Shroud: A decent little RPG inspired by D&D. Not the prettiest of games but the story is somewhat intriguing and rolling dice with the stylus is a nice touch. Even if all those dice you earnt from chaining skills of different elements fail you when you need to land that Bloody Strike.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I've owned an original 3DS since Ocarina of Time 3D came out, and I got the new 3DS for Majora's Mask 3D. Usually I would not care to get two versions of the same hand held, but I have no regrets getting a second 3DS.

For actual boxed 3DS games:

Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X and Y (Both)
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Both, I like having both okay! I know I have issues. :p)
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kid Icarus Uprising
Paper Mario Sticker Star
New Super Mario Bros. 2

The 3DS has basically been my favorite gaming device for the last 3 years or so. While some of these games aren't necessarily favorites in any way, (New Super Mario Bros. and Sticker Star to be exact) I highly recommend just about every game here on my list.

Other than that, I have all the NES and GBA ambassador games, and I've downloaded:

Link's Awakening
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages
Zelda Four Swords (which was free)

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
After waiting a week for Amazon to get more stock and ship one to me, I received my New 3DS a couple days ago and I love it. I had been wanting one for quite awhile, but ended up opting for a Vita instead about two years ago. And I do love my Vita as well, but I have a feeling it's going to be collecting dust for awhile.

To start off, I bought Fantasy Life, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call. So far I've only played Curtain Call, partly because it's awesome and partly because I can't stop. After every song I think "Just one more won't hurt." It's an entertaining enough game by itself, but the fact that Final Fantasy is my favourite series doesn't hurt its standing in my eyes either. I actually played a lot of the original Theatrhythm on iOS which, despite being incredibly limited, I found tons of fun, so I was very excited to play the full version. I was not disappointed.

I plan on getting Pokemon Y, Persona Q, Ocarina of Time (and then Majora's Mask if I enjoy it; I've barely played any Zelda game, so that'll be new for me), Bravely Default and Fire Emblem sometime in the future. Tomodachi Life looks appealing in a weird way too. I'd also really like to get my hands on The World Ends with You, considering I never got around to it before the screen on my DS Lite got damaged.

I don't really notice a difference with the 3D on, to be honest, and I've heard that it drains the battery life faster, so I've just been leaving it off. Maybe in other games it's more apparent, but eh.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Let see-

Console- Nintendo 3DS XL Blue

Games (currently own and played)-
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (currently playing at the moment, despite how hard it is but I am working my way into it!)
Fire Emblem Awakenning
Pokemon X
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Pheonix Wright Vs Professor Layton (loved the crossover)
Tomodachi Life (Despite what others has say, it's a good pick up and play game especially on work breaks)

Haven't played fully/ played alitte
Fantasy Life (Too much stuff to do at the tutorial part of the game and so much grinding to do.)
Professor Layton Miricle Mask (Sadly I read the story summary online so I don't have much of a drived to finish the story)

Traded
LoZ: A Link between Worlds (Way too similar to LttP and I didn't liked the new mechanic)
Animal Crossing New Leaf (I became way too addicted like the last DS game.)

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Console: Boring Regular version.

VIdya:
Kid Icarus Uprising: HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS AMAZING PLAY IT NOW RIGHT NOW
WWE All Stars: Baby's first wrestling game. Also, my first wrestling game.
Metal Gear Solid 3: SNNNAAAAKKKKKEEE EAAAAAATTEERRR
Mario 3d Land: Poop
Fire Emblem Awakening: Best FE Game I've played. And I've played a loooootttt

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
The 3DS is one of my favorite consoles so far I have quite a few games and there are many more I want to buy.
Anyway here is what I have:

Console-3DS Midnight Purple, waiting to upgrade to a New 3DSXL once new limited colors are introduced.

Games (in no real order):
Animal Crossing New Leaf: I love it and highly recommend it if you like life sim games. There are more features in this go around than in previous installments including Dream Addresses. Plus, the series has never looked better.

Pokemon X and Y: I have both, but I've only played through X. It is honestly the same version of pokemon you've played before but with a graphical upgrade and a few extra features. The story is a snooze fest but that's not why you play pokemon.

Pokemon Omega Ruby: I want to say it's the same as X and Y only it does have a few more features than those versions and more pokemon variety. If you've never player Pokemon before, this is the one I'd recommend.

Super Smash Bros 3DS: Honestly not as great as the WiiU version yet it is nice that is it portable. You'll love it even more if you have the New 3DS.

Fire Emblem: Awakening: It is every bit as good as people say it is. Highly recommended.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds: I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but I enjoyed this outing because it isn't as linear as most of the games in the series. The painting mechanic was also pretty interesting. I also enjoyed the story.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D: Really good, challenging platformer. It is even harder on this system than the Wii version. I recommend this one too.

Kirby Triple Deluxe: Pretty much the polar opposite of Donkey Kong is this easier platformer. Nonetheless it is a fun game and one that uses the 3D effect better than most 3DS offerings.

Rayman Origins: A very fun game. However, you should buy the Wii version. Rayman is pretty tiny on the 3DS screen.

Mario Party Island Tour: It isn't very good...like, at all. Mario Party was not meant to be a one-player portable experience. Besides that the game boards rely way too much on luck instead of skill. Probably the worst in the series, so stay way from it.

Fantasy Life: I didn't like it. The story and characters are harmless, but they are also banal. It also doesn't help that the game is go gosh darn wordy. The life system feels shallow and repetitive at times. I'll admit there is a lot of content for this game if you enjoy the bland world. I haven't played it but if you want a similar concept, I'd pick up Rune Factory 4 instead.

Gunman Clive: Really fun, action platformer inspired by Megaman. It is only $3 and is absolutely worth your time.

Pokemon Battle Trozei: Your typical match-three puzzle game but with Pokemon. It isn't horrible, it isn't fantastic either. I fine diversion but it might not be worth the $15 asking price.

Hazumi: A twist on the brake-the-block puzzeler. It can be frustratingly difficult, but it certainly is inventive and worth the asking price.

Pushmo: One of my personal favorite puzzle games. It's on the easy side, but it is also charming and inventive.

Shovel Knight: Do you love NES platformers? This game is for you. Even if you don't, this game is super fun and stands out on its own.

Like I said ther are so many more titles I want to buy, like Monster Hunter, Run Factory, FF Curtain Call, Gunman Clive 2, ect...too bad I'm so broke.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Oh you mean the my Monster Hunter device? Cause that's basically what I play on it.

Although I have played Shovel Knight and a Link Between Worlds on it, 95% of my time with that thing has been Monster Hunter.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I have that gold colored 3DS XL A Link Between Worlds edition that came out in late 2013 or so. A Link to the Past is one of my favorite games of all time and so this game being a sort of sequel to that classic made me rush out to get one. I absolutely loved a lot of games on the original DS but the 3DS is quickly catching up. Instead of listing all the games I have or have played on it I'll just name my favorites. :p

A Link Between Worlds - Enjoyed this game immensely. Despite all the gripes I have with 'modern' Nintendo there is no denying their game-designers are still among the best. This game perfectly captures the spirit of the original, but with enough twists and subtle changes to make it different and stand on its own. A true homage to an all-time classic.

Ocarina of Time 3D - Also really good. The first transition of Zelda into 3D and while all early 3D games have dated horribly OoT somehow managed to stand the test of time b/c of the sheer quality of its design. That's a truly superb accomplishment. I also really like how the graphics have been polished and the way more friendly menu interface.

Majora's Mask 3D - For some reason never played the original on N64, but eventhough I'm only early on I'm enjoying it a lot. Love the melancholical atmosphere. Reminds me of some other franchise...hmmmm. :p

Cave Story & Shovel Knight - Incredibly fun indie platformers, that just seem really at home on 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei 4, Soul Hackers & Devil Survivor Overclocked - Strangely I don't like (J)RPGs on consoles but love them on handhelds. Espescially JRPGs just seem to have found a rightful home on these systems. I played MegaTen games a lot in the past(before Persona made the series popular, though that's not really MegaTen. :p) and kind of know how to get a tactical advantage in these games in terms of skills and demon fusing. In most JRPGs you can grind your way through, but that's not gonna get you far in a Megami Tensei game. :p

I also love Kazuma Kaneko's artwork and character designs. Though I played these games long enough to notice how the characters expressions changed over the years from cheerful to almost near-standardly mournful. Just awesome to see such an artist's career develop over so many years. I believe Kaneko has been there since Digital Devil Story somewhere around the beginning of the series, treading back like 30 years or so. Unbelievable.

Bravely Default - Really fun, classic Final Fantasy-like game. The 3D effect on some of the background animations are amazing. Can't wait for the next game to come out.

So yeah, there are a lot of really good games to choose from on 3DS. Though I wish they put Super Nintendo games on their e-store, since I find the e-store selection in general fairly disappointing. I wish I could play classics like Super Metroid, Axelay, Super Aleste, Actraiser and Super Contra on my 3DS. Nintendo has no excuse. :p

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
Pokemon X
Zelda
Bravely Default

I highly recommend that anyone who owns a 3DS picks up Bravely Default. It is a fantastic game.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
The 3DS kicks ass. I have an XL, and a bunch of games for it. Let's see...

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Was fun for a while, but I haven't played it in forever.
BIT.TRIP SAGA - Nice collection. The Wii one has more content, but I wanted to be able to play it on a portable.
Bravely Default - Best Final Fantasy game in years.
Etrian Odyssey IV - Love this series.
Etrian Odyssey Untold - See above.
Fire Emblem: Awakening - First FE game I've played to completion.
Kid Icarus: Uprising - Once you get used to the awkward controls, this is a fun game.
Kingdom Hearts 3D - My addiction to this series is incredible.
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Kirby games are like pure distilled fun.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - I'd always wanted to play this, but I don't own an N64.
Persona Q - PERSONAPERSONAPERSONAPERSONAPERSONA
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - I didn't love the original version of this generation, but the remake is spectacular.
Pokemon X - I regret nothing.
Rune Factory 4 - It's like Animal Crossing, but you actually have stuff to do.
Shin Megami Tensei IV - I fricking adore this franchise.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - See above.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - See above, again.
StarFox 64 3D - See OoT3D.
Super Mario 3D Land - This game was so much fun.
Tales of the Abyss - Portable port of one of my favorite PS2 RPGs.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy - Awesome rhythm game.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - As good as the first one was, this one is way better.

And that's just the games I have on cartridges. I'm not even going to get into the ludicrous number of downloadable games I have, or the even higher number of Virtual Console games.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
I got the Gold ALBW 3DS and...

A Link Between Worlds The reason I got a 3DS. It also is probably changed the Zelda formula the most since Majora's Mask.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon A great sequel to the oft forgotten GC launch title that did Ghostbusters better than the official games. A must buy for 3DS owners.
Majora's Mask 3D Actually, I'm about to get this one. The original MM had so many options and ways to go about the 3-day cycle. Being able to take it on long trips will definitely keep your occupied.
Ocarina of Time 3D It's the game Zelda fans spaz out about.(ALttP, MM and WW for me) It is a really good game and had the most impressive leap from 2D to 3D of any series. Since late 2013, I've probably played both the first playthrough and Master Quest 4 times on this cartridge alone.
Bravely Default I'm still early in the game, so I can't say much. I can say it looks like the popular opinion that BD is the only good Final Fantasy in years was right.
Sonic Generations It's decent. (I'd rather it just had tons of classic handheld or Mega Drive/Genesis Sonic levels, instead of pulling from the same games as the HD version.) I got it mostly for Casino Night and Mushroom Hill.[footnote]It's kinda funny how the level called "Mushroom Hill" is exclusive to the version of Sonic Generations that is only available on the system made by the guys who also make a series known for Mushroom imagery.[/footnote]
Super Mario 3D Land It's a single player version Super Mario 3D World, but you can play it on a toilet that is out of range of your Wii U.
Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy I gotta admit I didn't really like it. The base game lacks substance. I was never into rhythm games anyway. Maybe, I'll shell out some eshop money for the better songs when Square does something good in the news.
eShop Titles
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse This is wicked awesome. The Shantae games play like a side scrolling Zelda and Metroid combination. This is the best one yet, since Shantae lost her transformation powers and relies on items for abilities. It is much more fluid than the other two games. The story and characters are also interesting, as always.
Mighty Switch Force 1 and 2 Both these puzzle games deal which swapping blocks in and out of Patty's (the player character) plane, letting defeat enemies and reach higher areas. The second game also drops the first's police theme for a firefighter theme, where you have a FLUDD type water cannon and solve extra puzzles with it.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I have a 3DSXL, and my games are:
Pokemon White, Black, Heartgold, soulsilver, Black 2, Y, Zelda OoT, a link between worlds, Lego batman 2, 3.

OoT is probably my favourite.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Every year, I struggle to justify the existence of mine; a problem I never had with previous game boys.

My system is an original, charcoal-black Ambassador US-region system.
(Ho-hum)

GAMES: In Chronological order (of my acquisition; not necessarily their release date)...

*Zelda: Ocarina of Time remake
-Starship Defense (DSi-ware)
-Assortment of "Ambassador" system games ("e-shop"; and about the only reason I didn't sell my 3DS)
-Link's Awakening (e-shop)
*Kid Icarus: Uprising ("Hand-Cripple: The Game")
-Dillon's Rolling Western (e-shop)
*Fire Emblem: Awakening (it's nowhere near as good of a "game" as people say it is IMO)
*Smash Bros. 3DS
*Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Psycho11Edge

Mar 17, 2012
I got the MH4U New 3DS.

Pokemon X, Y and OR - The reason I upgrade my Nintendo handhelds.
Fire Emblem: Awakeing
Super Smash Bros. 3DS (with a Samus Amiibo, sadly no dual cannons)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Shovel Knight
Super Mario Bros. off of the Virtual Console
Kirby: Triple Deluxe