What's it zombifacation/being a zombie like?

A.C.E

Mar 3, 2010
you should ask the zombie right behind you but dont look cause that would really piss him off

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
SimuLord said:
zombiejoe said:
SimuLord said:
I would LOVE to see someone ask your first question of priests/ministers in various religions to see what they say:

zombiejoe said:
1. When you die, you don't "really" come back. Whatever happens to you after death will happen normaly, wether you go to the afterlife or just die. But your body will take a mind of its own, and kill just because it can.
If you've got a "cool" pastor/priest/rabbi/imam/guru at your church/synagogue/temple/ashram, ask him about this and tell us what he says!
Sounds like a fun thing to ask
"Father, if someone become a member of the undead, what would it be like?"
lol
Well, if you've got a good relationship with your church's priest (must...resist...urge to crack joke about Catholic priests and altar boys...), he might just think the question out for you.
...HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR...*chuckle*
but yea, sounds fun to ask.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
A.C.E said:
you should ask the zombie right behind you but dont look cause that would really piss him off
LIAR! there was a monkey wearing a powdered wig holding a shotgun behind me, not a zombie.
Lol

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
zombiejoe said:
Billion Backs said:
And if we're talking about zombies in sense of people drugged and made believe that they're zombies, well, I'd imagine the whole experience would feel like being really drunk, stoned, and on a bad trip, ignoring most if not all of the pleasant effects of the former 2.
Dude...you know that person from before was joking around.

Yes we get it, zombies are not real, but that's no reason to go around saying "oh, zombies are just stupid" and stuff like that.
It's just for fun buddy.
So?

That's reason enough for me. The same way soul is not real, religion is not based on anything that's worth believing, and all that. Suspension of disbelief is a fine thing, but it doesn't mean you should drop all of your sense of realism and vaguely scientific plausibility for it.

All I did was give my opinion of what being a zombie is like, exploring most of the stereotypical "types" of zombies. It's not my fault most of them are implausible.

It's as stupid as talking about what it would be like if you had wings. Wings are awesome, I agree any day. But one should consider that with wings being available as a form of transportation, humanity would be COMPLETELY different from start. There might have been no wheel and derived technology, for one thing, which would mean if humans ever progressed to our level of technology there would probably be no or very few cars. And given how birds have very light bones and strong muscles to support flight, these winged humans would differ from "us" physiologically and culturally and so on.

That's fun. That's what good science fiction does, tries to fully and more or less realistically explore something very different from what we see as our reality.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Don't you need a ritual and a rare fish to turn someone into a zombie?
Seriously though... or rather, not... um... yeah...
Anyway, you'd be dead and it would just be a body shambling around. You really would be beyond caring what was happening.

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Billion Backs said:
zombiejoe said:
Billion Backs said:
And if we're talking about zombies in sense of people drugged and made believe that they're zombies, well, I'd imagine the whole experience would feel like being really drunk, stoned, and on a bad trip, ignoring most if not all of the pleasant effects of the former 2.
Dude...you know that person from before was joking around.

Yes we get it, zombies are not real, but that's no reason to go around saying "oh, zombies are just stupid" and stuff like that.
It's just for fun buddy.
So?

That's reason enough for me. The same way soul is not real, religion is not based on anything that's worth believing, and all that. Suspension of disbelief is a fine thing, but it doesn't mean you should drop all of your sense of realism and vaguely scientific plausibility for it.

All I did was give my opinion of what being a zombie is like, exploring most of the stereotypical "types" of zombies. It's not my fault most of them are implausible.

It's as stupid as talking about what it would be like if you had wings. Wings are awesome, I agree any day. But one should consider that with wings being available as a form of transportation, humanity would be COMPLETELY different from start. There might have been no wheel and derived technology, for one thing, which would mean if humans ever progressed to our level of technology there would probably be no or very few cars. And given how birds have very light bones and strong muscles to support flight, these winged humans would differ from "us" physiologically and culturally and so on.

That's fun. That's what good science fiction does, tries to fully and more or less realistically explore something very different from what we see as our reality.
Ok, I see your point and I respect it...but just one more thing.

Keep the religious part to the religion threads. LOL

(...yea, I'm Catholic)

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
No one knows what it would be like because it has never happened before because zombies are not real

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
PurpleSky said:
I can't even imagine,thinking about it makes me hungry....for KNOWLEDGE
And knowledge is stored in the brain, so you're indirectly hungry for brains. YOU'RE ALREADY A ZOMBIE (after a fashion)!!!!!!!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well it begs to question, is it really you that becomes the zombie or is it just your body. It seems most incarnations of zombies only seem to exhibit the most basic cognitive functioning, so it would seem to me that it's not you, but just your body reactivated only to the most basic level. Of course I don't think that makes much difference when the shambling decaying corpse of what was once your brother/neighbour/husband/sister/whatever is shuffling towards you ready to chew you flesh off.

RobThePrezodent

Oct 2, 2009
there was a really good animated comic that was a bonus feature on the I am legend dvd that showed what it would be like (i know they werent technically zombies but they were close enough) I'll have a look on youtube and see if i can find it
EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bH2qmXSOJQ&feature=PlayList&p=C515E18A1D082E74&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=4 win

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
To be a zombie is to be animated by an insatiable hunger for living brains. The only impulse sent to the body is to move towards food, then eat it. There is no semblance of intelligent thought or sensation of emotion or physical pain, but nor is there satisfaction or pleasure, no matter how many brains you consume.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
Don't believe the Resident Evil crap (ESPECIALLY THE STUPID MOVIES).

It's not you in that walking cadaver, just a mindless killing machine.

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
PurpleSky said:
Zombies are not real zombiejoe.

/thread
Exactly. I've never understood why there are so many threads about 'the zombie apocalypse' and such. Why not worry about things that are within the realms of possibility?

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
PurpleSky said:
Zombies are not real zombiejoe.

/thread
Exactly. I've never understood why there are so many threads about 'the zombie apocalypse' and such. Why not worry about things that are within the realms of possibility?
Becasue it is fun to think about an enemy like zombies. They are not real, we all know that. But there can be "infected" people.