What's More Survivable? Choose Your Champion!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg
Aren't these 2 pretty much the same thing? They're both a species that forcibly merges with other life forms to create more of themselves, acquiring the beneficial genetic traits of those life forms in the process, and have a hive mind mentality with one much more intelligent being directing their actions (the Zerg just have more intelligent leaders).

For another similar one, throw the Borg into the mix.
Indeed the Zerg were based heavily on - or at least were inspired by - the Xenomorphs. A competition between them would be to see who is the superior parasite: the original concept (Xenomorphs) or the race that's based off of them (Zerg).

:p Though the Borg would indeed make a fun addition to the competition.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
My vote is very much out there.

- The Lernaean Hydra

Just think about it, a beast that has one immortal head with the others able to regenerate indefinitely. Yeah.

dayjack01

Aug 19, 2010
RJ 17 said:
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg
Aren't these 2 pretty much the same thing? They're both a species that forcibly merges with other life forms to create more of themselves, acquiring the beneficial genetic traits of those life forms in the process, and have a hive mind mentality with one much more intelligent being directing their actions (the Zerg just have more intelligent leaders).

Indeed the Zerg were based heavily on - or at least were inspired by - the Xenomorphs. A competition between them would be to see who is the superior parasite: the original concept (Xenomorphs) or the race that's based off of them (Zerg).

yet both of them were inspired by the nids

Also try survivng orks from the WH40K universe

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/File:Ghazghkull_vs_Yarrick.jpg#.T89O6cUhmEM

this mother fucker is over 4 meteres tall in the actual universe (not in model)

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
RJ 17 said:
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg

That would be interesting. I wonder if they'd be able to merge with one another... Uh oh...

Uh... Zergomorphs? Xenozergs? Either way, RUN!!!

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Probably the people from Madagascar in Pandemic 2

http://www.kongregate.com/games/DarkRealmStudios/pandemic-2?acomplete=pandemic+2

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
RJ 17 said:
So, my fellow Escapists, anyone have another contender or two that you'd like to see in this tournament?
[HEADING=1]MEEEEE!!!!![/HEADING]

[sub]*cough cough*[/sub]

Also: Hairies (from the video-game Baldies) they would fuck you up, they would fuck everyone up!

EDIT: I can't find any pictures of them on google which just goes to prove how soul destroyingly terrifying they are, we have a clear winner I think.

/endthread

Joseph Alexander

Jul 22, 2011
RJ 17 said:
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg

actually both the nids(also the humans in the 40k universe take elements wholesale as well) and the zerg(they more so took from the kinda campy movie) take from heinlein's starship troopers' "bugs".

the xenomorphs are a bit too... "sensual" for being related to any of them, they are designed by H.R.Giger after all.

Deadyawn

Jan 25, 2011
I'm thinking the master and his super mutants from fallout. And I'm talking about the original fallout where the proper super mutants were not only 10 foot with huge muscles but also extremely intelligent. And some deathclaws thrown in for good measure (no, I don't know how that'd work).

Also I saw somebody else said doom. So that too.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
immortalfrieza said:
RJ 17 said:
-Xenomorphs
-Zerg

That would be interesting. I wonder if they'd be able to merge with one another... Uh oh...

Uh... Zergomorphs? Xenozergs? Either way, RUN!!!
:p I was actually thinking about that the other day...pondering over whether or not Zerg could be face-hugged. I mean a dog gets face-hugged in Aliens 3 so that's evidence that it doesn't have to be humanoid...but I'm not certain about the Zerg.

That said, though, I'd imagine the Zerg could easily assimilate the Xenomorphs into their genepool.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Azathoth, crazy awesome/horrifying, completely insane, sea of light, eyes and teeth, he/it consumes entire universes simply when he becomes aware of their existence.

Also; Kane and the Brotherhood of Nod, because you can't kill the messiah.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Being stuck on a heretical planet being subjected to nuclear and viral bombing. In other words try surviving the mother-f**king Inquisition, you just got to look at these guys wrong and they'd send you off to fight super mutants with a flashlight..

No one survives the Inquisition : "A plea of Innocence is guilty of wasting my time" - these got you booked one way or another...

MOAR OTT: These gods from Lovecrafts books which can basically end the universe with a thought.. I don't think many could surivive that..

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Humans. And this isn't me trying to be all edgy, I'm being serious. In every one of those fictional universes, humans come out on top somehow, some way. We can survive anything. If I have to pick anything else though, I guess I'd have to say The Flood as well. Given it all but wiped out the Forerunners (as far as we're aware right now), almost wiped out humanity, and was the downfall of the Precursors as well... and still survived to 2552 (and maybe beyond...?).

Also, if you're reading this, Tim Langdell, just go ahead. Try and sue. See where it gets you...