Whats on your iPod?

Dr. Win

Jan 2, 2011
Avenged Sevenfold & Going Quantum Mixes.
I've got 3 A7X Albums (City of Evil, Avenged Sevenfold, Nightmare), and 10 Going Quantum mixes (too lazy too list).
Oh yeah, and all Pendulum albums.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Novs said:
Atonal music?
Music without tone? Or rather key? Incredibly surreal, but at the same time, has some genuinely beautiful songs. I only have one artist that can be classified as Atonal and that's George Rochberg, I couldn't get my hands on Arnold Schöenberg and I'm not too knowledgeable about the genre as a whole but it's still enjoyable.

wizard_joe88

Nov 12, 2010
I have a lot of crap on my Ipod, mostly Alt rock, Classic rock, and techno, some game soundtracks (wish I had more), I have alot of Gorrilaz and Rush too, and some Muse.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
Novs said:
Seems like you do know loads..

How about Avant-Garde Progressive Black Metal? :D

And could i have some Jazz recommendations, i could get into Miles Davis,Mahavishnu Orchestra and Sun Ra best i guess.
Hmm... I think so, Here are a couple that I think fall under most if not all of that- Ocean, Kayo Dot, December Wolves, Altera Enigma, Opeth, Fleurety, Azure Emote, Sigh, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Shaolin Death Squad... Oh and Tool, I think falls under this? But I could be wrong with identifying a lot of these.

And for Jazz, Miles Davis is one of my favourite masters to recommend, but I'd check out Benny Goodman who falls into both the Jazz and Swing category. Louis Armstrong- definitely, Cab Calloway deserves a mention (Again, falling into the swing catagory too in a way). Elizete Cardoso is worth checking out for being so unique with her Latin Jazz (Or in her case, Bossa Nova).

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Right now? The following Albums (in whole or in part):

Away With the Faeries, The Beast With Two Backs, Science and Nature, Supernature, Vampyre Erotica, Wild, and Witch Queen by Inkubus Sukkubus.
Bloody Kisses, The Least Worst of Type O Negative, October Rust, and World Coming Down by Type O Negative.
Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, The Perfect Drug, Pretty Hate Machine, With Teeth, and Year Zero by Nine Inch Nails.
Dark Light, Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666, Love Metal, and Razorblade Romance by HIM.
Fallen, Laura, Mourning Sun, and Revelations by Fields of the Nephilim.
First and Last and Always, Floodland, A Slight Case of Overbombing: Greatest Hits Vol 1, Some Girls Wander By Mistake, and Vision Thing by Sisters of Mercy.
Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson.
Psycho Magnet, Selected Scenes From the End of the World, and Violent Acts of Beauty by London After Midnight.
Edit: Forgot VGO on that list. Picked up a CD at PAX East this year.

Wutaiflea

Mar 17, 2009
I got a shiny new MP3 player for Christmas, and painstakingly filled it with every good song I could think of.

Then it broke and had to go back to the shop, and I've simply not got around to refilling my replacement model yet.

As such, my MP3 player has a rather paltry selection of stuff I like, mainly Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice in Chains (and some solo Jerry Cantrell), Guns n' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Primus, Korn and Slipknot.
The only weird thing on it, is a selection of songs from the Animalympics soundtrack, which I guess you'd class as largely 70s disco?

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Well since I don't have one, nothing.
But my Creative Zen mosaiq-lists ranges from classical to death-core. From Blues to horror/splatter-rap.
I enjoy music and everything that catches my interest finds its way to my playlist.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
No iPod, but have on mine I have a lot of different stuff, but most of it is alternative rock or indie rock, or J-rock/indie. Do have some heavier stuff, but nothing in metal territory. Also have stuff like Faunts on there. I'd say 10% of all my music is from two bands though (Ash, Asian Kung Fu Generation)

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
MisterGobbles said:
Mostly metal, some progressive stuff, a lot of classic rock stuff, some pop and rap, a few podcasts I listen to, some alt rock and alt metal, some industrial, and some dance. It really helps having a iPod classic.

PoisonUnagi said:
TL;DR, lots of genres. The ones I'm listening to alot of at the moment are the prog metal, IDM and industrial bands. So, Animals As Leaders, Venetian Snares and Nine Inch Nails.
You, sir, sound like you need some Periphery in your life.

You already linked me to this a few weeks back :3

It's great but I think I'll take a while to get used to the vocals. Thanks for reminding me, though, I'll take a better look now that I'm not as tired :p
...I did, didn't I. Wow, that's kinda embarrassing, sorry I didn't remember =P. It's just become a reflex for me at that point to recommend that band to anyone who mentions Scale the Summit or AAL.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
Too variable to really say. What I don't have is Country, or heavy classical, or jazz. That seems to be it, really o.o

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
Mostly unspecified music that I found interesting at the time and dumped on it, so a variety of genres.
Oh, and the inbetweeners season 1.

MysteriousStranger

Dec 3, 2009
Update: Just downloaded the new P!ATD album 'Vices and Virtues'. EPIC! 'Ballad of Mona Lisa' and 'Memories' are fantastic.