What's rad, in 3D, and rhymes with "Hilty dear"? That's right, a new GUILTY GEAR!

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Syntax Error said:
Red X said:
It really stands as a testament to ASW talents that even now the spirits hold up :)

I wonder if characters will have new themes now or just variations?
A TESTAMENT, YOU SAY? Oh hohohohoho.
It's a good thing those 3d models aren't Worthless as the Sun Above Clouds,otherwise Arc would have a Bloodstained Lineage,all the fans would have No Mercy on them,and they would Writhe in Pain as they vanish from Existence and into A Solitude That Asks Nothing in Return,it's a good thing Arc will be able to see Noontide again

elvor0 said:
SWEEEEEEEEEET!

I can't wait for this to come out, GG has always been one of my favourite 2D fighters, (Screw you Street Fighter!), plus I can't wait to sit there and headbang my way through the soundtrack.
The song in the trailer was like a Love Letter From Arc,so i think Nothing is out of the Ordinary,your neck muscles will have some Exceptional Routine Work

I'm Oldma-I mean sorry

EstrogenicMuscle

Sep 7, 2012
Let's Rock! Now this I can deal with.

It took far too long. I can see that Arc System Works realize that as well. I'm looking forward to this.

And they're using the Unreal Engine? This is getting pretty prolific. I'm surprised at how many Japanese developers are giving it a go. The Last Remnant was developed on Unreal Engine and got a PC release. Maybe if I'm lucky, there will be a PC release of this game, too. On Steam, most importantly.

They've already got a couple games on Good old Games.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Is it just me or are they... wider? I didn't really like how everyone got way more muscular in SFIV and I'm not really digging it here. The graphics are impressive though, about time someone other than Cyber Connect was able to pull off cel shading so good it looks like 2D animation.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
But we already have BlazBlue.
Guilty Gear will never compare due to a simple lack of Taeger.

z3tzilla

Sep 8, 2010
This looks great!
I really hope that Zappa with his semi-transparent ghosts (especially Raoh) won't be too much for Unreal Engine to handle...
I also hope that there will be an option to turn those cinematic dust attacks and overdrives off. I don't know why, but they always break the game flow for me...

Gatx said:
Is it just me or are they... wider?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Heard about this earlier today my hype was deadened a bit because I have only just got P4A living in the UK and all but still this is great news the cast of Guilty Gear is up there with Darkstalkers for my overall favourite cast of fighting game casts ever (excluding characters from other genres).

I never noticed Sols sword looked like a lighter before either but that actually makes sense and looks pretty cool. I am going to wait for more info before I get too excited especially as it probably wont hit Europe until 2016 or so.

Souplex said:
If you had said Makoto I would have agreed but Guilty Gear has Potemkin

I cant wait to see what Faust and Ino look like they were always my two faves.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Already seen it yesterday.
I think it's time to take my "mist finer" out of the closet and take a few "dandy steps" to the nearest "Potemkin bus tour" station and ride to the wonderful world of Guilty Gear.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, I am really surprised that I am really looking forward to this one. I have never played GG, but I recently started to understand the idea behind the games of ASW. With a bit of BB and a lot of Persona, I really started to appreciate the stuff the do.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
and thus ASW embarrassed every developer on the planet by making the Unreal Engine look GOOD. Seriously, it is VERY hard for me to tell that those were 3D models instead of sprites. That's absurdly good cel-shading.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Well, there's a new Guilty Gear that's been announced. Here's the trailer:

Personally, as a fan of the franchise, I'm looking forward to this. Here's hoping I still have money when this comes out so I can get it.

Any opinions on the trailer, or the announcement in general?

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Already a thread. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.408381-Whats-rad-in-3D-and-rhymes-with-Hilty-dear-Thats-right-a-new-GUILTY-GEAR]
But yeah it looks alright. I enjoy BB and P4A enough so I might get it.
Also are those seriously 3D cel-shaded stuff? Shit looks nice.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Oh god I am so hyped for this...

Will the game keep the tradition of an overpowered female boss ready to violate you?

scorptatious said:
I've never played the Guilty Gear games, but I have heard Skullgirls is sort of similar to Guilty Gear in some aspects. Might have to keep an eye on this one.
Souplex said:
I will really have a lot to play because these three are my favorites. With xrd, Chrono Phantasma and 5 DLCs...