What's so great about skinny women?

Marzirocks

Mar 14, 2011
Napierdalac said:
I like thin women, because I like to throw them around, during sex. I am kinda strong, but it's just easier with the 45-60 kg girls, than with the 60-70 kg ones. Though, I wouldn't be turned off by them.

If they get above 70, thats another thing... Obesity is not at all sexy.

That is not even remotely close to "obese", unless you're about 147cm. (That's 4'10 for us Americans.)

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Napierdalac said:
I like thin women, because I like to throw them around, during sex. I am kinda strong, but it's just easier with the 45-60 kg girls, than with the 60-70 kg ones. Though, I wouldn't be turned off by them.

i...agree with the general idea xD and yes, skinnier girls are more atractive. but would you really call above 70 kilos obese? i know girls (rather tall ones) that are above 70 and i'd still pretty thin..
of course if the girl is 1,55m and 78 kilos, things are looking quite different xD

and before someone comes out with "hur hur, u r fatty!!11", i'm 175cm with kilogram weight in the upper fifties. so there's that <.<

Sep 14, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Not all of those girls in the video were that bad. Granted, some of them just looked unhealthy, but most of them still looked within the realms of what I'd call 'fine'.

To answer your question, what figure suits you varies from person to person. I know skinny girls who look great that way, but I also know curvier girls who suit that look better, and probably shouldn't try to be thinner. There's no one definitive figure that is best for all women, so you saying that 'no-one should be this thin' is just as bad as people saying 'everyone should be this thin'. I think we should all just let people look how they want to look, and not judge them or put pressure on them to conform either way.
yeah this, a few of them were on the "yeah, your skinny alright, but just enough to call okay and not too skinny" but most of them were too skinny.

OT: it's all subjective tastes really, sure i do generally *prefer* my girl to me on the skinnier side, that's just how i am and i don't care if you call me shallow.

now i don't believe this but i could go in the opposite direction OP and say:

"why do people like fatties? there is too much fat to grab onto, i don't know what to do with it all! I can't get my arms around you and we end up spending more time eating than we do anything else!ugh!"

now that's not what i believe but just playing devils advocate for a second, could you honestly back up that POV any better than the skinny POV?

probably not, and if you can you either were very well prepared or you had maybe slightly better reasons that weren't as shallow.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Marzirocks said:
I worked for about two years as a "plus size" model, at a size 12. (If you don't know womens sizing, the average fashion model is a 0-2, and plus size in a store starts at around an 18.) Showing up for photo calls and being the only girl around who had curves was very, very hard at times.

A lot of the "skinny" trend came from the 90s. That's where heroin chic (see: Kate Moss in the early/mid 90s) started.

Most people have heard "The camera adds 10 pounds." Which is true, ish. The problem with photography is a person is 3-D. A picture is 2-D. So the camera sort of "smashes" you out and makes you look wider, simply because something has to give. Models and actresses want to look skinny in those pictures, so they make up for the extra 10 by losing 30. Or 50.

Designers (as in top end) don't like the models to "affect" the drape and flow of the clothing as they walk the runway. They want their models to be walking hangers. I never worked for any line like that (not that I could have even if I had wanted to.) For shows like that, they bring the clothes in and every item is a size 2 or smaller. If you want to work and you can't fit? You don't get paid. They motivate the industry quite well just by doing that.

For instance, I once went to a photo shoot for a "plus size" company and the largest item they had was an 8. That is a not plus size, even in fashion world. So, I left. I thought I would be upset, but I wasn't. That is how that world works, and the more expensive the clothing they're paying you to wear is, the worse it gets.

The reason I got out of it wasn't because it made me feel awful about myself. I didn't live in L.A, I wasn't working super high end and I definitely was not famous so work was sporadic at best.

Afterwards, I did come up with some interesting observations about body image. For every guy that likes a skinny girl, there is a guy that likes a fat girl. WOMEN are the ones that feel they need to be that thin. (Granted, there are jerks who tell their girl to lose weight, etc. but they are fairly rare.) Women perpetuate this without meaning to.

Men like what they like. I have known more than enough guys who have no idea why their girl is constantly dieting and worrying about her looks when he's told her a million times she looks fine.

I seem to have gone off on a tangent. My point was really just to point out WHY there are so many skinny women in media and how it happened.
I do believe, thread solved. Best possible posting on the topic. Very true about "what guys actually want" versus "what girls see as acceptable body image." There was a great book by Penn Jillette called Sock that had this little section on what was "girl sexy" versus "boy sexy." Women in cosmetics commercials are girl sexy. The heavy biker chick at the rock concert with the spiked hair is boy sexy.

Also, "pics or it didn't happen." (I'm kidding.... sort of.)

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
In hindsight, most of the girls I dated were REALLY thin, but they were so naturally, not because of dieting or WANTING to look thinner. Most of them wished they could gain weight so that they don't look like the anorexic whores that plague our mass media.

Marzirocks

Mar 14, 2011
zelda2fanboy said:
Marzirocks said:
I worked for about two years as a "plus size" model, at a size 12. (If you don't know womens sizing, the average fashion model is a 0-2, and plus size in a store starts at around an 18.) Showing up for photo calls and being the only girl around who had curves was very, very hard at times.

A lot of the "skinny" trend came from the 90s. That's where heroin chic (see: Kate Moss in the early/mid 90s) started.

Most people have heard "The camera adds 10 pounds." Which is true, ish. The problem with photography is a person is 3-D. A picture is 2-D. So the camera sort of "smashes" you out and makes you look wider, simply because something has to give. Models and actresses want to look skinny in those pictures, so they make up for the extra 10 by losing 30. Or 50.

Designers (as in top end) don't like the models to "affect" the drape and flow of the clothing as they walk the runway. They want their models to be walking hangers. I never worked for any line like that (not that I could have even if I had wanted to.) For shows like that, they bring the clothes in and every item is a size 2 or smaller. If you want to work and you can't fit? You don't get paid. They motivate the industry quite well just by doing that.

For instance, I once went to a photo shoot for a "plus size" company and the largest item they had was an 8. That is a not plus size, even in fashion world. So, I left. I thought I would be upset, but I wasn't. That is how that world works, and the more expensive the clothing they're paying you to wear is, the worse it gets.

The reason I got out of it wasn't because it made me feel awful about myself. I didn't live in L.A, I wasn't working super high end and I definitely was not famous so work was sporadic at best.

Afterwards, I did come up with some interesting observations about body image. For every guy that likes a skinny girl, there is a guy that likes a fat girl. WOMEN are the ones that feel they need to be that thin. (Granted, there are jerks who tell their girl to lose weight, etc. but they are fairly rare.) Women perpetuate this without meaning to.

Men like what they like. I have known more than enough guys who have no idea why their girl is constantly dieting and worrying about her looks when he's told her a million times she looks fine.

I seem to have gone off on a tangent. My point was really just to point out WHY there are so many skinny women in media and how it happened.
I do believe, thread solved. Best possible posting on the topic. Very true about "what guys actually want" versus "what girls see as acceptable body image." There was a great book by Penn Jillette called Sock that had this little section on what was "girl sexy" versus "boy sexy." Women in cosmetics commercials are girl sexy. The heavy biker chick at the rock concert with the spiked hair is boy sexy.

Also, "pics or it didn't happen." (I'm kidding.... sort of.)
I effing love Penn. "Bullshit" was an amazing show.

Edit: Thanks.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Because some people don't think the exact same as you do?

Don't get me wrong, a lot of those women are too thin for me, but sometimes people just want to be thinner than 'healthy'. I'm a little underweight, but I still want to shave off that excess fat.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
I don't know. You might as well have asked why tits are so great.

It's just how the brain works (Mostly). Skinny = attractive.

but that's interesting because that's not a holdover from ancient times. In caveman days it was the larger women that made suitable mates because they were more likely to bare healthy children. It probably switched around the time people stopped being nomadic, less traveling means less need to adapt to harsh climates means less risks associated with picking a skinny wife. That doesn't explain why the brain finds them attractive though.

A lot of people blame Twiggy, She was the first stick thin super model. She was big in the late 60's if I'm not mistaken. Slim women were attractive long before that but she popularized the whole "You can see my ribs!" aspect of the whole thing.

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
I don't think the problem does lay in the general public. I think it lies in an increasingly shallow and demanding fashion and modelling industry. They want them younger, skinnier, and they want more from them than models of the past. Long hours, intense competition, very little rest... it's paramount to slavery, and many models feel compelled to adhere to it for the sake of the rewards. Many of them don't see that glass ceiling come until they're, what, 28 and suddenly too old to model?

It's a cruel, exploitative industry at times.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
Napierdalac said:

Hey, fatties need loving too.

But they gotta pay.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I would like to know too!
being a lady who is not a toothpick it is all about how healthy you are. I mean one of my friends who is a lady is very thin but has huge boobs but she is not unhealthy. I also know many voluptuous women who are so sexy!
but I am more of a boob type of lady.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Eh.
It's not to do with what men find attractive. Talking about girls who starve themselves on purpose, of course. They do it because that's what they think is attractive.
I went out with this girl a while back. She was really pretty and had a great body, by my tastes at least. She had like a flat stomach without like... having bones sticking out all over the place, if you know what I mean. Nothing wrong with her, but she was convinced she needed to lose weight. It actually really pissed me off after a while. Some ladies just need more self-confidence.

DiMono

Mar 18, 2010
I'm of the opinion that if I can't hug you without being afraid of snapping you in half, you are too thin. I've actually written about this on one of my websites, but forum rules prevent me from linking to it here.

People need to realize that there's a difference between being thin and being skinny. Sometimes, you just really need to eat a cheeseburger. Or twenty.

I saw one of those people in person at FANeXpo this year. She had on probably the best costume of Jade from Mortal Kombat that I've ever seen, but her legs were skinnier than my arms. I was relieved when someone other than me commented on how disgusting that was.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
Nothing. I love curvy girls. I don't mean fat, I mean big bum, wide hips, love handles etc. All my ex-girlfriends have been curvy. Curvy is sexy, skinny is horrible, slim is fine.

the27thvoice

Aug 19, 2010
Dorian6 said:
because we're a society of extremes?

and since obesity is unattractive, therefor the complete opposite must be incredibly attractive.
I think this nails the problem rather well, it's all or nothing these days.

Honestly, only real advantage I can see having a skinny girlfriend would be ease of carrying.

Capcom4ever

Jun 24, 2010
Deathleaper said:
"Attractive" and "beauty" are subjective. The reasons you may find skinny girls unattractive may be the reason another dude gets hard as a diamond for them. Sometimes dudes just like them thin like that. Maybe fat(or even average) girls just turn them off. Sometimes its not the body that attracts them, but its their face or their personality.

Care to share your thoughts on why you don't find thin chicks attractive? As long as you follow the rules, who gives a shit if they're harsh.

I, for one, fuck fat chicks.
Give this man a beer. Agree.