What's the best and worst console controller?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Best: don't know. I like the PS3 controller and my old gamecube controllers though.

Worst:

Seriously, it looks cool but how the heck is that supposed to be comfortable?

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Best: Sega Saturn for the D-pad, PS2 for analog.

Worst: Those crazy NES controllers like the power glove,

The worst modern controller around have gotta be those PS2 clones that Logiteck and Saitek make for the PC. They can cost £30 - £35 and are cheap and tacky with d-pads that dont even work properlly. My current PS2 Clone by GameWare only cost me £16 and is a much better control pad.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Best: XBOX360 controller.
Worst: All dualshocks.
This is not a bash on the PS3, I just take issue with the way my thumbs bump into eachother all the time.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Best: Gamecube.
The feeling is absolutely flawless in my hands. I am very pleased that the Wii is compatible.

Worst:

Seriously? The thing is massive, the black and white buttons are awkwardly placed, and I can hardly get my hands around the damn thing.

Terrible design. Just awful.

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
Wired 360 controllers are my favourite, followed closely by Dualshock.
Of course, N64 controllers were terrible and must be my least favourite that I have ever used.

Z of the Na said:
Worst:

Seriously? The thing is massive, the black and white buttons are awkwardly placed, and I can hardly get my hands around the damn thing.
I had this problem, but solved it by getting a mini version that was released. I don't know who made it but it was a godsend. Literally half the size of the regular and the black/white buttons were moved around a bit to make them easier to use.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Best: Gamecube.

Worst: Playstation 3 because the shoulder buttons are broken, 2 was way better.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Best: 360 Pad
It fits in my hand well, good weight, sticks have great tension (at least when they're new). Only downside is the sticks tend to get really loose or start to "stick" after 6-9 months of heavy usage. I go through about 1 a year playing CoD and fighting games.

Worst: Wiimote
It started the casual gaming motion control craze, something that has ruined Nintendo for me forever.