What's the best shot you've ever fired?

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
There was one time in CS:S when I was playing as a counter-terrorist in Office. My team had made their way to the double-doors on the right side of the map (facing terrorist spawn) and I started aiming through the doors to pick off anyone who came around the corner. I then hear gun shots behind me (they were hiding in the window which scared me quite a bit), so I spin around really quickly and hold down the fire button. Turned out I was spinning at exactly the right speed for each of my bullets to hit a terrorist's head, killing them each in one shot.

Along the lines of shots that actually took skill, I had a bunch of nasty shots in Battlefield 2142, but none of them really stood out (though there was one time where our commander liked one of my shots so much that he tried to find out who made it (I didn't think it was hard. About 75m away and moving directly away from me)).

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
The best shot I ever made in a game was in the ArmA. It was a multiplayer warfare game, and I had decided to play a sniper role. I had managed to find their base, which took me about 30 minutes, and I got into position without being seen. After watching for a while, I picked out some players and picked off one of them with a single shot to the head from about 300m with an M24. It was the greatest shot of my life, and the best part is that I was not detected since the noise from the engine of a passing tank masked the crack of my rifle. I have never been able to do anything like that again. Sadly, I was eventually found and killed, but I managed to take out three more squad leaders and call in some air-support before that. A pair of A-10s cleaned up after my death. I have some screenshots somewhere... I will look for them and post them when I can.

The best shot I ever made in real life was with my little Ruger 10/22. My dad set up a hedge apple on a hay bale (about 40m away) and gave me three bullets. He told me that if I didn't hit the hedge apple, then I wouldn't get lunch that day. I hit the hedge apple on my first shot - right through the middle. :)

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
(Insert brutally obvious ejaculation joke here---on second thought, don't insert it. She might get knocked up.)

In-game: I've pulled off some truly improbable shots with the bow from astounding ranges (I'd say 500 feet-plus) in Oblivion. I had 435-ft Life Detection and hit a few things beyond that range. And that's not even counting some of the shots I've hit with EagleEye's Archery Mod, which takes an underpowered weapon and makes it overpowered.

Real life: Besides "up her nose", I can't really say too much here, as I've never fired anything more powerful than a Daisy air rifle, which I used to shoot at 55-gallon drums before a bonfire.

Mar 26, 2008
Halo 3 on the Avalanche map. I was on the far right ridge near the chaingun where I saw two people emerge from the centre cavern in the middle of the map. I anticipated where they'd be heading and fired a rocket. It took a full three seconds to get there but it caught the first guy in the head and the splash damage killed his mate. Double kill.

I still have that replay saved somewhere.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
i have alot i cant remember, but in recent history, when i do my trademark M14 Dance in Cod4. just run around hitting fire like a madman when im up close. i think ive got 20-30 headshots that way.

Kasawd

Jun 1, 2009
Well, I had this one prairie fire with extra tobasco sauce once. Amazing.

Also, I shot my friend out of a banshee when he was halfway across the map on a warthog turret.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
some douche's wanted to "exchange headshots" on team tactical when I played with some neighbors, we agreed and told them to meet us in the middle of the map...

we all ran out with RPG's and ran into the center of the map with them and blew ourselves up.

needless to say the rage quit and the endless messages of hate and racism made me laugh for hours.

aalio

May 18, 2009
TF2, 2Fort - As an engineer, I was setting up in the intel room, when lo and behold a solly + medic combo ran in with uber on, I crapped myself and started running circles around them, uber dropped, I killed the medic then got the solly. I was crying with laughter

CoD4, Crossfire - I saw someone run behind a wall at the other end of the map, so I took a potshot, and got two headshots.

Reep

Jul 23, 2008
Sniping in Cod 4 and i see this guy run past a window, and knowing that place he ran into a dead end, i looked a bit past the window to where he ran, shot and hit him in the head through the wall.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
In real life back in "mah army dayz" was doing a 100m range with the SA80.
Got a 5 shot grouping of 40mm with the iron sight.

No scope and no greater than 4cm between each hole is damn good shooting by army standards!

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
GTA IV, I was at the top of the construction crane in Algonquin. After picking up some heat with the sniper rifle, A helicopter came along. I fired at it with my RPG, clipping it's tail and sending it into an out of control downwards spiral. Unfortunately, It spiralled into me, sending me flying from my 200M crane down to ground level. very much dead.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
In CoD4 I got a double headshot while sniping. I fired for a guy who was away from his controler and right when Ipulled the trigger a guyspawned behind him and me and my friend heard *PING**PING* then we flipped out it was the best thing ever. The best thing is I did it again at my sisters house on my brother in laws PS3.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
On Counterstrike on Assault I had the AWP, It was just me and one guy on their team left. I was running towards the stairs outside accidentally clicked the mouse as my finger twitched, unscoped got a headshot. I was pretty amazed as usually I cant hit anything in the head with the dam thing.

Tron900

Sep 10, 2009
Absolute spot on, adjusted for windage and elevation, headshot on COD4 sniper cut sceen in Pripyat.

Got Zkayiev right between the eyes.....and his arm still comes off!