What's the best thing you can do with bread?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
It can be any type of bread you like, but you have to be able to eat it at the end.

I'd say make it into a pizza or form it into crumpets with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, though my favourite end product is probably a nice, light croissant. The best thing about those is that they look like little alien attack ships. So, what tickles your fancy, how did you meet and when did you realize it was true love?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
The better question is: What isn't a good thing to do with bread.

I love bread is all it's form, and on all things. It's probably the major reason I got morbidly obese. I wish mI could answer more specifically, but it's impossible for me. It's like asking how I prefer my potatoes - I just prefer them over all.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Grain bread toast with peanut butter where it makes the PB all hot and melty. Or soft white bread with this coconut margarine ahhh. Bloody bread makes it hard for me to lose that 10kg I want to lol.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Stuff it with chocolate, jam or any type of sweets in it make it into a pastry or slather whatever you want on it, or just eat it as is.

Eat Bread. Love bread.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Putting baked beans on it or making it toasty and then put baked beans on it!

Seriously I don't liked baked beans in general but for some reason putting it on bread make it ten times better (something to do with the texture)!!

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
Double decker bacon and egg sandwich with a twist. The twist being, you whisk the egg, soak the middle slice of bread in it, and then slow fry it. Less mess, great taste!

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches.

Pretty easy to make: you make it exactly the same way you'd make a grilled cheese sandwich, only instead of cheese you use peanut butter.

Absolutely delicious.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Private Custard said:
Double decker bacon and egg sandwich with a twist. The twist being, you whisk the egg, soak the middle slice of bread in it, and then slow fry it. Less mess, great taste!
Ah, I see that you have not died. Welcome back!

Yes...I think I will try this. If it tastes anything like I imagine (French bread with bacon), I think I'll love it.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Two things: Dinner and pudding.

Steak sandwiches are amazing. It's basically the pinnacle of Western civilisation. Steak. Onions. Bread. Maybe some nice cheese like a Reblochon or something.

Bread and butter pudding probably has the highest tastiness-to-difficulty ratio of any food. It's just bread, sugar, raisins and custard, and maybe anything else you feel like. It's fucking intense, it's like an enormous fuzzy hug in food form.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
TheRightToArmBears said:
Two things: Dinner and pudding.

Steak sandwiches are amazing. It's basically the pinnacle of Western civilisation. Steak. Onions. Bread. Maybe some nice cheese like a Reblochon or something.

Bread and butter pudding probably has the highest tastiness-to-difficulty ratio of any food. It's just bread, sugar, raisins and custard, and maybe anything else you feel like. It's fucking intense, it's like an enormous fuzzy hug in food form.
I am in danger of drowning in saliva, though that may just be a result of staring at that cat for an extended period of time - sort of shuts off all those unnecessary brain functions on the periphery, and frees you to contemplate and appreciate the benefits of cheese sculpting.

...Wait. Sculpting...cheese...bread. Toast. Cheese on breadtoast!

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I think we'll all agree that this:

Is the most advanced use of bread currently known to man.

Perhaps rivalled only by this:

Of course, you could just put a fried egg and some bacon between two slices but that's just not thinking outside of the breadbox.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
Nothing takes number one, and there are way too many things to list here. Some of what I name, though:

-Turkey sandwiches with good deli turkey, muenster cheese, and horseradish sauce. I like the bread to be honey wheat or whole grain.
-New York-style pizza. My favorite sauces are spicy and I really like pepperoni and sausage. Crust can be semi-crispy, but I better be able to fold it without it breaking.
-Garlic bread
-Banana Foster French Toast

And I'm going to stop. I should be sleeping right now, not making myself hungry.

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Plebs the lot of you.

Nothing but white wheat bread, that basically turns into intestinal paste.

Now here's the truly best thing to do with bread.

]

Hoejtbelagt smoerrebroed.

Open topped rye bread sandwiches, with PLENTY of toppings.

Everything from breaded flounder with remoulade, a squirt of lemon juice and a slice of cucumber, to roast beef with remoulade, roasted onion, and horseradish.

Or how about the classic open topped, rye bread sandwich?

red pickled herring.

EDIT:

Really Escapist forum?

You don't understand the most epic of letters?