Shaun of the Dead

or

Zombieland

I pick Zombieland.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
MajorTomServo said:
Zombie movies are a dime a dozen, especially since they became trendy and netflix became a thing.

Of all the ones you've seen, which one is the best?

In my opinion, cheesy as it is, Return of the Living Dead was the scariest. Had the most scary costumes of any I've ever seen (especially the main zombie, the brown one covered in sludge), the zombies were somewhat intelligent, and there was no way to kill them.

What about you? Be it scary, funny, campy, or all three, which one is your favorite?
Really it depends on what you're looking for in your zombie movies. If you're looking for mindless zombie-killing fun, then I'd go with Zombieland. If you want social commentary, go with Dawn of the Dead (old and knew) and/or 28 Days Later...though those are technicaly more mutant than zombie, still it's essentially the same premise. :p

Annnnnnd if you're looking for lame action that takes itself a bit too seriously, look no further than the Resident Evil movies.

The Floating Nose

Dec 5, 2010
I'd say Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later but my favorite is Lucio Fulci's Zombie. Because of the atmosphere it really is a truly scary film.

SimplyTheWest

Jan 6, 2009
Shaun of the Dead and [Rec]2 probably.
Honorable mention to Zombieland as well.

And if it counts, Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead mans chest

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
If Marvel Zombie ever gets adapted into a movie, itll be that.

However ill just state the best one ive seen, which is 28 Days Later.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The first "Dawn of the Dead" movie for me, I liked the remake but the first one just has a certain charm that I can't explain.

In second place is "Return of the Living Dead", just loved the music in that one and the idea that you really couldn't kill the undead, that REALLY messed me up as a kid. Odds are I shouldn't have watched that with the lights off when I was young...

HardkorSB

Mar 18, 2010
No "Braindead" here yet? Oh well.

Also, I recently saw a movie called "Deadgirl". It's pretty good.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are amazing and I really wish there were more brilliant zombie comedy movies.

Evil Dead will always be my favorite mainly because of Bruce Campbell, and as much shit as I give 28 Days Later, I like it and the I think it's one of the better realistic zombie movies.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Night of the living dead is a definitive classic I feel that's pretty understood. While a lot of people feel it as the weakest of the original Romero trilogy Day of the Dead is one of my all time favorite zombie films. The story, the antagonist, the morality issues, it was just great with a pretty awesome soundtrack.
Speaking of awesome soundtrack the 28 days later films are great all though purists might not consider it a zombie film.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
HardkorSB said:
No "Braindead" here yet? Oh well.

Also, I recently saw a movie called "Deadgirl". It's pretty good.

You should warn people though that Deadgirl could make people really ill due to the film being mostly based around necrophilla.

OT: Dotd 78, Day of the dead, and shaun of the dead for best zed comedy.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Hmmm... Shaun of the Dead or Zombieland...
I pick Shaun of the Dead, because i'm English.

Well, not just that but because it A) Was the first 'mature' film i ever watched B) The first zombie film i ever watched C) The first film with Simon Pegg in it that i ever watched (and has so far lead to a parade of great films) and D) Is still one of the funniest films i've seen to date.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Regnes said:
Heh I watched that around the same time I was playing Fallout 3. I think I was playing in the virtual reality part and all I could think was how I wanted a zombie Billy Connolly in that.

On Topic:
Dawn of the Dead 2004. I love it. Love the movie, love the directors commentary, love the Andy tapes and especially love the fake news report they had of it. If you have not seen that then go watch it, its sooo damn good.

Oh and Doghouse. Its a practically unknown zombie comedy classic. A bit laddish but a very entertaining watch.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
NOTLD 90' all the way! The first time I saw it, it was 1994 and I was 12. As I got older I would brush up on the older zombies, because back then- they weren't making "new ones."

In fact there was almost nothing from NOTLD 90' til 28 Days Later started the whole thing over again in 2002.

A few low budget crap fests and Return 3.