What's the biggest thing you ever had spoiled?

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Not as much spoiled as simply realized that Star Wars trilogies end up with the good guys winning. That was years ago, though, nowadays I also know that the whole thing culminates in
Thrawn losing the Noghris' loalty in the final moments.
Another big one was the final HP book:
Snape was a good guy all along!

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
When I was a wee lad, I was standing in line at the theater (and it was quite a line) to see The Empire Strikes Back. A guy walked out of the previous screening and said "Man, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!"

We all wanted to kill him. But no one wanted to give up their place in line.

Oh. Spoiler Alert.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I spoil everything for myself on purpose. I read the last page of a book first (and generally a few pages ahead too), generally google a movie or TV show whilst I watch it. I read the Game of Thrones wiki pages about characters that seemed like they were going somewhere interesting before I finished the first season of the show. My way is more efficient. Who wants to invest x hours in something without knowing if the entire story is good or not?

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
Mine was the ending of Bioshock Infinite. Damn! I was pumped for that one. Unfortunately, a casual friend of mine worked at Irrational and couldn't just shut up. Still didn't deserve what happened to Irrational though. It ranks up there with 38 Studios being forced closed by a politician and Bulletstorm not getting a sequel in my "shittiest endings to great stories" list.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
About two years ago I told my buddy I was planning to finally start playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Got the endings to all three games blurted out by him by accident during conversation about Shadow of Chernobyl.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
One for Steven Universe.

Square Mom is actually Mom Squared.

X = Red Lesbian
Y = Blue Lesbian

Square Mom = Y+X + Homoeroticism to the extreme = This is Garnet, back toge- (punched in face by bara character)

The episode was still awesome, though. I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers, though, so all I have is a recent one. I'll just sit here and wait until more traumatic memories start appearing.

Oh, right. Someone once spoiled My Immortal for me by telling me that when Snap killed Malfay he came back at a My Chemical Romance concert. Also, da Death Deelers (not the Death Eaters) are playing on the stage, and Voldymort gives Enoby a gun to... I can't remember. Something contrived and whiny.

...Sorry.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
It isn't really a plot spoiler, and this is beyond the ten year spoiler mark, but about three days before I went to see The Gift, I had it spoiled for me that Katie Holmes got topless...

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
SoreWristed said:
What's the biggest thing you ever had spoiled?
I really have no idea. Maybe the end of Lord Of The Rings before I started reading it. But just like today I didn't care back then. It's always about the journey for me and not about bits along the way or even the end being spoiled.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
I just finished Red Dead Redemption while having known for years how the last mission plays out. Definitely took the bite out of it.

RagingTiger

Sep 23, 2014
Biggest one for me was the ending to Final Fantasy X, I bought the remastered to finally play it and a guy from work saw it on my desk and started talking about the ending. HR still won't let me near him...

Alma Mare said:
I just finished Red Dead Redemption while having known for years how the last mission plays out. Definitely took the bite out of it.
Yeah, when the ending was spoiled for me I put it down for good, just couldn't play it knowing the ending.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
The ending of Sixth Sense, right before I saw the movie.

I was also spoiled the twist of Bioshock 1, but since there was a lot of time between the spoiler and me playing that game, I wasn't bothered by it.

Random Gamer

Sep 8, 2014
Had plenty of spoilers on books, movies and games.
Most twists from the end of A Game of Thrones to the end of A Storm of Swords, for instance - possibly the biggest books-related spoilers.
In games, KOTOR is probably the biggest one. Though you can see easily all the hints, this way.
Nowadays, I'm just glad the few times when I'm not spoiled about what's going to happen - for instance, I was quite glad watching Usual Suspects several years after release that I hadn't any serious clue about the ending.

Zen Bard said:
When I was a wee lad, I was standing in line at the theater (and it was quite a line) to see The Empire Strikes Back. A guy walked out of the previous screening and said "Man, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's father!"

We all wanted to kill him.
Plot twist:
That asshole was Homer Simpson :p

Zhukov said:
Tolstoy's Anna Karenina.

Old classic books are usually published with an introduction in the front, explaining the context of the book, maybe a bit about the author's life, detailing any quirks with the translation, that sort of thing.

Well, the introduction to my copy of Anna Karenina straight up fucking mentioned that...
Happens way too often with classics. Heck, happened to me just last year - forgot which book it was though, but the idiot writing the introduction basically described the whole plot, the twists, who dies and who lives...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
The most embarrassing example for me was after I saw "Beautiful Mind" and thoughtlessly blurted out to my friends that

The main character's friends were figments of his imagination

No amount of apologizing helped me save face after that.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I guess my two biggest spoils were the ending to Bioshock Infinite, and the ending to The Last of Us. Didn't really bug me all that much though, as I doubt having the ending spoiled would make me like BI anymore, 'cause I didn't like it very much. And the Last of Us, I knowingly went into the article that was discussing the morality of the final events, so it was an expected spoiler.

Beyond that....*shrugs* nah, can't think of anything.

gnihton

Mar 18, 2012
Who your character is and why they have no memories in Knights of the Old Republic, it was really stupid of me to spoil that for myself, I probably would've had my mind blown when it happened. I was still excited when it happened though.

Also, the System Shock 2 twist.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
RagingTiger said:
Biggest one for me was the ending to Final Fantasy X, I bought the remastered to finally play it and a guy from work saw it on my desk and started talking about the ending. HR still won't let me near him...

Alma Mare said:
Yeah, when the ending was spoiled for me I put it down for good, just couldn't play it knowing the ending.
That one wasn't spoiled for me, the Red Dead Redemption ending, it was just telegraphed for miles. I knew about 1/4 through the game that it was going to end
with him dying in a blaze of glory kind of shootout. Because just...how else would it end? xD

capcha: Tight Lipped....yes, what we should all be when it comes to spoiling entertainment.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
Happyninja42 said:
RagingTiger said:

Alma Mare said:
That one wasn't spoiled for me, the Red Dead Redemption ending, it was just telegraphed for miles. I knew about 1/4 through the game that it was going to end
with him dying in a blaze of glory kind of shootout. Because just...how else would it end? xD

capcha: Tight Lipped....yes, what we should all be when it comes to spoiling entertainment.
I get your point but considering that it's basically Grand Theft Horse I could totally see

the game ending with you shooting Ross and unlocking the outfit that lets you be invulnerable to law enforcement, turning the post-game into a huge sandbox for western silliness. In a way, it did exactly that, Jonh/Jack swapping aside. Going into it without expecting that bit would have given the scene a lot more impact.

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Random Gamer said:
Zen Bard said:

We all wanted to kill him.
Plot twist:
That asshole was Homer Simpson :p
Make no mistake, there are real-life Homer Simpsons in this world...

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. In the Zero Punctuation episode, Yahtzee pretty much ruined my experience when I watched his review before playing the game. Since then, I don't watch ZP episodes for games I don't want to be spoiled.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
The twist in Bioshock, but I got spoiled about it at a point where I considered it rather unlikely I'd ever play it, so I wasn't really mad about it. I wish I could have experienced it completely blank though. I was sort of spoiled about

Tywin's death in a Youtube comment, but since I interpreted it wrong, I actually thought it was about the Red Wedding; I thought the Red Wedding was going to be Joffrey's wedding where he has Tywin killed. Since I got it all wrong, I got to experience both the Red Wedding and Joffrey and Tywin's deaths completely blank in the books.