What's the first class you usually play in RPGs.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I choose a rogue if I'm playing on my own (I love stealth) and a caster if I'm playing a multiplayer. I think when I'm with other people I'm very passive and hang back so being a clothie suits me. I also tend towards healers too.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Usually I play as a Rogue and (if there is a moral choice) I pick what I want.

Second I choose good mage and a bad paladin

Skylare

Dec 29, 2011
hmm to simple archers :) just love them own enemys with range before they can even have a chance to touch you

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I will usually go with some sort of "scout" build- light armor, shield/one-handed weapon, bow, reasonable amounts of stealth/infiltration/lockpicking, and enough healing and offensive magic to smooth out rough encounters. Alpha strikes and picking off opponents is my specialty.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Dextrous melee fighter of some kind. I'd prefer to dual wield, avoiding heavy armor and shields if possible. I love rogues in many games for this reason.

So in most games, I end up with warrior if they've not a rogue option (or, like, something weird. Vanguard in ME for example), but I try to make my character as agile as possible if I do.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Really depend on the game and setting.

For fantasy: Wizard/Battlemage (I like my wizard with defensive capability, either through defensive spell and/or melee capability), Dwarven Warrior (the Dwarf part is extremely important), Cleric/Battlecleric (I like my cleric with melee capability, in other word I like AD&D cleric, preferably a Dwarf, but optional unlike warrior).

For science-fiction: Tech based class

For the morality, it really depend which one is the first.

- The wizard, Iniudan, will be neutral good.
- The defensive Dwarven warrior, Gorglim, will be lawful neutral.
- The offensive Dwarven warrior, Nimlim, will say neutral, but not sure in his case, he is loyal, honest, diligent and kind but he also wroth, violent and obsessive.
- The cleric will switch between lawful good, neutral good and lawful neutral depending on how I feel.

For science-fiction depend on setting for the morality side.

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Depends on the game, and how open it is to roleplaying. Mechanically I tend to prefer fighters, but roleplay wise I tend to switch between Paladins and Rogues.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
I always start out as a Thief-type character if I can.

Nothing beats the thrill of nicking valuable items from rich people who don't need them.