What's the last game you bought with no prior series experience?

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Fidelias said:
Ooh, I got Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat. Was able to play through 12 glorious hours of Shadow of Chernobyl, until my computer broke. I'm currently waiting for my gaming pc to return from Dell so I can pick it up again.

JLML said:
Metro 2033, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.

What, 3 games for the price of 2. :3
Did you get the Stalker Complete 2009 Mod for Shadow of Chernobyl? It really improves graphics and gets rid of bugs. Here's a link

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Also if you're having troubles with saving and loading, I can give you a wall of text that explains how to fix it.
You know, I haven't actually installed it yet... I was going to, but then Dragon Age 2 came out. And now I can't be bothered with games at all, for some strange reason. I just feel.. Too tired.

Ramare

Apr 27, 2009
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
SNIP
SNIP.
SNIP*[/quote}SNIP.
i can see what you mean about the long messages but your COD knowledge is wasted on me. the only shotgun ive heard of on that list id the SPAS-12. while playing COD6 up to level 40 ive had the SCAR-H all the way. so....

SCAR-H FOR THE WIN <3!!!!

EDIT: fanboy templars??? if you meen were not fanboys for those games youd be right. but i am a huge fanGIRL for the halo series- masterchief<3
Wait a minute. I was just going to let that be, but then it hit me: The only shotgun in all of MW2 you had even heard of at time of writing was the SPAS-12...but you said that all of the shotguns are the same!? That makes little sense.

Care to elaborate? Yes, yes, I know, spitting in the face of my post saying "Hey, let's leave these poor folks be!" or whatever, but still...Very little sense make.

And technically that's not true! You couldn't have used the SCAR-H all the way, you don't have it available at first; because the starter assault class has the FAMAS F1, and once you unlock create-a-class, all you have access to in that section is the M4A1 CQB, and the FAMAS F1. So you LIE! Just kidding, of course.

But, still, why say that everything in the same class is the same when you haven't used the other assault rifles? Or better yet, hadn't heard of the other shotguns?

And technically the SMGs aren't the same, either! The MP5k is actually balanced, but from there, you get to choose your flavor of unbalanced. UMP .45 is a sniper SMG, doling comical amounts of damage; Vector shoots somewhere in the realm of 1,000 RPM. WITHOUT THE RAPIDFIRE ATTACHMENT! P90 has an LMG-sized clip, and does ridiculous amounts of damage, rather quickly; and the Mini-Uzi is basically the same as the MP5k, but closer range, faster reload, ever so slightly more ammo per clip, and more accurate firing from the hip.

And, yes, the thing you got mostly right, is that the assault rifles are pretty much the same, but with different stats, but that's just in the case of a few weapon, there are actually a few base weapons, and one oddball. The FN F2000 is a sub machine gun that does the damage of an assault rifle; the FAMAS F1 is burst fire, and ironically fires the fastest; the SCAR-H does ridiculous amounts of damage, is very VERY accurate, but doesn't fire so fast. The other weapons are basically variants with different stats. Like how the Tavor TAR-21 is pretty much the same as the SCAR-H, but with bigger mags, faster fire rate, marginally less damage, and faster reload. Pretty much superior in every way, besides sniper-like accuracy at really long range when equipped with an ACOG scope, and very controllable recoil.

As much as I try not to sound like a Call of Duty fanboy, a combination of my ability to pick up and then describe small details, and the fact that I'm a bit of a gun nut makes it uncomfortably hard...

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

It's pretty good. A lot of it reminded me of Deus Ex, but then it all came down to combat at the end anyway and I got my sneaky, charming ass kicked over and over.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

Hell, it was my first step into the genre, I'd never played a tactical RPG in my life. But I love it to death, despite how much it seems to hate me.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
Ramare said:
omnimon300 said:
SNIP
SNIP.
SNIP*[/quote}SNIP.
snip<3
LOTS OF SNIP.
ok i tried to absorb all of what you said and , my heas has asploded. my post didnt make sense because it was late nd i was suffering from INSOMNIA.
so yeah just ignore most of what i said except from "i think HALO is better than COD"
aah my head hurts

DracheX

Feb 4, 2011
Rome Total War. It was the first time ive really played a strategy game and it got me into the Total War series and strategy games

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Magna Carta 2. Never played let alone seen Magna Carta 1 in stores. It's an alright game. I'm not so sure it was worth my 40$ but it's still enjoyable if you ignore the horrid voice acting.

Macedon

Sep 17, 2010
I bought fallout 3 without any series experience, and fell in love with it. I am currently playing fallout new vegas. I am loving that game as well.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Macedon said:
I bought fallout 3 without any series experience, and fell in love with it. I am currently playing fallout new vegas. I am loving that game as well.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Never played any other fallout game, 3 was the first and it was the bomb. And as such, I just had to get new vegas.

Another one is red dead redemption (never played red dead revolver or any other of this series). I have never played (or ever cared to play) a wild west game but I'm glad I got this one because it is absolutely incredible (the zombie dlc is also fantastic).

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Dragon Age: 2
That's probably why I liked it, because a lot of people seem to not like it. I had no expectations for it, so I couldn't be disappointed?

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I bought NBA 2K11, NHL 11 and Madden 11 with my only other sports games being FIFA and racing games. Although their all hard as hell (mainly because I don't know the sports very well, but NBA has a crazy amount of controls) but I am having a great fun with all of them.

Also, Sam & Max Season 1 on the 360. My only previous experience in point and click games is a few hours on Broken Sword and helping my ex on Discworld a bit, and I am loving it.

irishstormtrooper

Mar 19, 2009
I bought Battlefield: Bad Company (the original) after having maybe 2 minutes total playtime in the previous Battlefield games. That was a good choice.

Your Nightmare

May 28, 2010
DanielBrown said:
without having played any previous girls.
Wait..what?

Also, too anyone who keeps quoting people saying "That's not a sequel!"

--> "(or if it's a game with no prior game)."

For me, that would be The Saboteur. Not too bad, controls are a little awkward however.

CAPTCHA¦ al-Qásim sliss

Yeaah..