What's the last game you bought with no prior series experience?

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Vault101 said:
dogstile said:
Erm, I think the last game I brought was Darksiders.

That was a stupid idea
Darksiders isnt a seaquel though

I dont get all the hate on that game I quite like it (im still playing it) Its artstyle is friggin beautiful and its fun

sure thematically wise its nothign new but its not Like Ive played god of war
Eh, say the series I don't like is that sort of fighting game.

Anyway, the art style is awesome. The graphics are not. I was disappointed there. Also, while I haven't got very far, there isn't much variation in combat.

Why is it if I don't like a game someone must debate it?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
I pre-ordered brink, if that doesn't count it would have to be cathulu saves the world.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
dogstile said:
Vault101 said:
dogstile said:
Erm, I think the last game I brought was Darksiders.

That was a stupid idea
Darksiders isnt a seaquel though

I dont get all the hate on that game I quite like it (im still playing it) Its artstyle is friggin beautiful and its fun

sure thematically wise its nothign new but its not Like Ive played god of war
Eh, say the series I don't like is that sort of fighting game.

Anyway, the art style is awesome. The graphics are not. I was disappointed there. Also, while I haven't got very far, there isn't much variation in combat.

Why is it if I don't like a game someone must debate it?
Welcome to the internet

anyway I dont get how you can like the artstyle yet look down on it for graphics

I mean so what if its not as technically amazing as crysis? or what ever? the game Looked beautiful and I doubt it ruined your imersion

Its like criticizing a cell shaded game for not being as high tech ...thats completley missing the point because the game is going for a certain look

anyway graphics are becoming less of a big thing since as yahtzee put it its hard for anything to look crap nowdays, graphics are only as issue if it looks awful and ruines your imersion

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Probably Minecraft back in January (I think). I haven't bought any new games in a while.

The majority of games in my Steam account are ones I hadn't heard of before spotting them in the Steam store and thinking "Okay, this sounds like it could be interesting. It's only five/ten dollars. Let's give it a go."

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I am now a fan. Got it for free at a convenience store after trading in CoD 2: Big Red One, CoD 3, and Amped. Didn't want them. Got a good game instead. I think it's a testament to how boring CoD 3 is, that years later, at the same store, CoD 3 is still there, and the others aren't.

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
I've gotta say, this thread failed hard. People don't really seem to get what the OP meant.

OT: The last game I bought with no prior experience was.... I honestly can't remember. I'll probably come back later with an edit.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Metro 2033, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl and Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.

What, 3 games for the price of 2. :3

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Direct2Drive was having 20% off FPS games, and I bought something called Dark Salvation. The little bit I played was pretty cool.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Red Dead Redemption. Never played or heard of Red Dead Revolver until after Redemption was in the works and hyped.

Everything else i've at least played the original game.

o and Metro2033

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
Dawn of War 2. one of my roommates was saying good things about it, and I never can resist a deal on steam...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Bioshock, which I got last summer, I think you can tell by my avatar my thoughts on it!

Metachronic

Sep 28, 2009
MysticToast said:
I've gotta say, this thread failed hard. People don't really seem to get what the OP meant.
Yeh this ^,
also last SEQUEL i bought with no prior experience would have to be fallout 3, and was it worth the risk you ask, i now consider it the best game i have ever played to date, so yes i would say it was worth the risk, i would also point out the games industry is less bassed on sequels and more based on whos game has multiplayer, which is bs *continues to rant about how it should have no multiplayer and a good story*

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I hadn't played the other one yet I jumped in and got help from a friend. I now love it.