What's the last "old" movie you watched for the first time?

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
I have been in a bit of "classic" movie phase myself. I have watched "Cat On a Hot Tin-Roof" "The Sting", pretty enjoyable one if you liked any of the ocean's movies, "Butch Cassidy and Sundance kid" "Ben Hur" "The Robe" "The Great Escape" "Bullet" thats what i have off of the top of my head.

Edit: if you haven't noticed I love Paul Newman, oh yea i watched "From the Terrace" also Paul Newman

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
The last "Old" movie I saw was Curse of Dracula. An old Hammer Horror film which I believe was their first Dracula film. I thought it was quite good but I was expecting to see more Christopher Lee. I did get a lot of Peter Cushing though so that's good.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Seen the original Clash of the Titans, I actually really enjoyed watching it, very cheesy and camp but still very watchable.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
What is old?

I watched Alien for the first time on Friday (Yes, I know its a classic but i'm young and never saw it) and I saw 4 For Texas aswell.

Doffa

Feb 20, 2011
I watched Blade Runner for an English assignment a couple of weeks ago. It was okay, a little overrated in my opinion (flame shield up) but still enjoyable. I liked the city and the ideas in it, but it never really came together for me.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
I recently saw The Good, The Bad and The Ugly recently for the first time as well as the first Ghostbusters. Twas fun.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
The Battleship Potekmin

Does any one think it is wrong for me to fast forward through silent films? 1/3 to 3/5 of some silent films are taken up by text, and I like to choose my own reading pace. Most of them seem to move at low frame rates/high speeds regardless of fast forwarding. So I do it all the time.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Not that old compared to some, but I watched Silence of the Lambs last night for the first time last night and I was stuck to the edge of my seat.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
I watched the Thing before the World Cup final, it was a bit of a way back, but it was one of the best films I've seen in a long time.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I'm not sure how old it is but I watched "Ferris Buellers day off" about a month ago for the first time.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I think the last time I had watch an old film is Metropolis back in 2006. I thought the film is alright although part of my essay was base around that film so I was taking notes during the film. I would probably would of like it if I wasn't taking notes.

samuraiweasel

Mar 19, 2010
Tron
The Thing (because i heard they're making a sequel, not that bad as long as you keep in mind that special effects were stone age)
Army of Darkness (bruce campbell FTW)
Sixth Sense

Fight club is still on my to watch list...