What's the meaning of your username?

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
Well I tried to change it to TheSteeleTrap (as in mind like a steel trap) but I accidentally made it TheSteeleStrap... damn...

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
At the time I just wanted a Final Fantasy Dragon name and Bahamut was waaaaaay overused. That and it sounded cool to me, plus I liked how the one in FF8 looked.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Stu is my name, AD is the initials of a (now defunct / on indefinite hiatus) gaming site I used to write for. Pretty straightforward.

Aruezi

Oct 5, 2010
Eh, back in 00' through 03' I used to be really big on play by post Role Playing. Aruezi was the name of my longest running and most popular character. Even though I use a few other screen names now and then since then I usually default back to this one.

The Sanctifier

Nov 26, 2012
I picked mine because I love anything to do with religious fanaticism or dogma. Particularly if its to do with the Inquisition. I also remember someone in a movie being called that, but I can't remember the movies name.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
A shortened version of a username I used to use everywhere (but now I don't visit said sites anymore): bluerockerdragongirl

blue - Favorite color

rocker - I like rock music

dragon - as well as dragons

girl - I am a girl.

It's not much more complicated than that. However, bluerocker sounds a bit nicer and less deviantart-esque; so I use it more now.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
My real name is Nicholas. Among certain gaming related social circles I went by Olas because I never wanted to be called Nick. I've been using OlasD[insert adjective here] as my login name for almost everything since I was like 8. OlasDAlmighty is usually the default one though.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Some name I made up. Turns out it was 100% original, and have not had a problem using it anywhere. If you type it in Google, the first 4-5 pages are exclusively me, maybe one similarly spelt name with a ck instead of cc on one of them, but seeing as no site has ever rejected it, I just roll with it and use it everywhere.
Now, if someone goes and uses it and some site I go to rejects it, prepare to die - this name is mine.
Or not, IDC, I've got plenty of backups >:D

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Anyone remember that delightful game for X360 called Dead Rising? Back then, I didn't have a Xbox Live account, but when I finally got the chance to get one, I had to come up with a new name (My old one, Tommynator, was taken...Yeah, I know, I know, but you have to understand, I came up with that when I was 14 or something!) Me and my friend were thinking of different names while playing Dead Rising.

We both loved to use showerheads against the zombies. Just seeing the blood pouring from the head made us smile. My friend said I should simply name my account ShowerHead, but I thought it needed something more. A bit more style.

And here we are. I use it pretty much everywhere. If not this, then LaTacco, which is an odd nickname my friend gave me.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
It's my nickname from school. People I knew used it more then my real name.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
my old username was my full name (first, middle and last name) and with time that started to become uncomfortable. so i wanted to change it in to something that's not my name.
actual quote from when i tried to figure it out:

not matt said:
"hmmmmmmm what's not my name? what's not me, what's not matt? hmmmmm not matt not matt, what is not matt?........f*** it i'll figure out later"

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
So guys. I see almost 200 replies so far in this thread. I created this thread only like a few days ago and already 200 replies almost. Thats great. Some of the other threads I created reach only something like 20 replies. I guess the subject matters a lot regarding the amount of replies.....but hmm, usernames sure is a great subject for sure.

Waykunbayk

Feb 27, 2011
Though it never happened in the end, I was trying to start playing WoW. I wanted a name that was in the vein of something like 'Wyld Stallyns' from Bill & Ted. I was waking and baking a lot back then, so went with Waykunbayk. But everyone seems to pronounce it Way-kun-bay-kay, which is fine because it saves me a (slightly) embarrassing explanation.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
It's my name.

One upon a time, my name was already taken.

So I added 30.

The End.

Bazaalmon

Apr 19, 2009
My username is my profile picture. They're called glass squids because of their transparent nature, and some of them are bio-luminescent. I like marine biology.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
This animation, too lazy to set up a proper link. The guy who made it has changed the name of his animation name to Flash Deck so I feel less unoriginal. He updates all his animations so you have to dig to find an unedited version like this one.

http://www.y8.com/games/de_aztec

My old original username was The Telermarketer but most places didn't allow that many characters. It is still my login name for steam though. I made that one up all by myself.