What's the most exotic meat you've eaten?

K4ndY

Jun 10, 2010
Moose meat is as exotic as I've eaten. I live a boring culinary life...

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Pilkingtube said:
Crocodile, Boar, Human, Ostrich, Venison, Springbok. We've got a good selection of European cuisines around here.
You know, if you can get it in the supermarket, it isn't exotic right? :p
It is dear though.
My Jimmy-Carr-dar is pinging wildly.
Though if we're going down that route, i've tried something that was labelled as 'organic' :eek:

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
What's more exotic, a grizzly bear steak or squid wrapped in seaweed?

...so yeah, those.

Feb 13, 2008
Pilkingtube said:
Pilkingtube said:
Crocodile, Boar, Human, Ostrich, Venison, Springbok. We've got a good selection of European cuisines around here.
You know, if you can get it in the supermarket, it isn't exotic right? :p
It is dear though.
My Jimmy-Carr-dar is pinging wildly.
Close, his is "Venison's dear, isn't it?" But you have to appreciate the setup :)
Though if we're going down that route, i've tried something that was labelled as 'organic' :eek:
Ok, let's qualify this - Baby deer killed that day?

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Lobster. Exciting, I know.

I love the bloody things though. Lobster boiled in garlic butter is probably my favourite seafood dish.

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
Squid, frog, and gator. I liked gator the best. Calamari isn't bad either, but not a big fan of frog.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
I ate kangaroo at a new Chinese place in town just this week. I liked it a lot, tasted a bit like goose.
Also it goes really well with teriyaki.

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Ostrich is good, alligator is very good especially deep-fried on a stick(made it worth living in Lousiana), Shark is good, gotta try shark head soup, um thats about it.

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Deer
Ostrich
Kangaroo
Silk Worm(It's a bug but...ugh)
Durian(just cuz it's so bad and weird I have to put it here)

Frenger

May 31, 2009
Fermented Baltic Herring. Actually, I didn't eat it, just smelled it then ran to the bathroom ...

Okey, squid and reindeer is probably the only thing I can think of that is exotic. Does horse count? I guess it isn't on the table on a regular basis everywhere. You can get it sometimes where I live, at least a few years ago. It's very dark and salty, but isn't bad at all.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Reindeer.

Had some about an hour ago.

Typing this from the Arctic Circle right now, lol

CarlMin

Jun 6, 2010
Dude, you shouldn't eat crocodiles. Many breeds are endangered, like the saltwater crocodile, and hunting these crocodiles, whether it be for their skin or their meat is illegal (and of course unethical). Therefore the meat industry that profits from these reptiles should not be supported.

It could be argued that NO meat industry should ever be supported, but yeah you get the picture.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Gazelle, ostrich, kangaroo and caribou in jerky form. Also shark steaks, alligator nuggets, several types of frog legs, and I believe sea turtle but it was a very long time ago.

Nekkie

Jun 15, 2011
Either frog or pidgeon, not that either are exotic but not things you eat in your everyday life.
Frog was good but pidgeon was beyond horrible to this day even thinking of the taste makes me cringe.