Whats the most expensive thing you've ever won?

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Roofstone said:
200k at a lottery.. That was a good day. <3
Go home everyone, this thread about winning now has a clear winner.

On topic: I once randomly went "Eenie meenie miney mo" on a sheet of horses the day of the Melbourne Cup one year, and the horse I landed on (Viewed) I started going like "Viewed's gonna win, no doubt about it".

Turns out my parents went out later, and as they decided to put a bit of money on a horse for fun they decided to put a little bet on the horse I said would win. I think, don't quote me, I might've won over 300 bucks.

Just goes to show there's no such thing as a smart bet.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
I won $380 in Keno.... when i was about 8. We were at a restaurant with it there, and my mum entered with numbers that i picked for her.....

Since i was only 8 they only gave $50 of it... when they told me about it later in life, i raged.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
CrashBang said:
Three years ago, some mates and I won a 32in HDTV at a pub quiz.
About 18 months ago I submitted a review to GAME's website and won a copy of Bad Company 2.
That must be one good pub. The ones i've seen only give out a bottle of wine!
Same but this one was a big event at the student union during freshers week so it was some kind of exception.

Davidm4

Aug 4, 2011
CrashBang said:
Three years ago, some mates and I won a 32in HDTV at a pub quiz.
About 18 months ago I submitted a review to GAME's website and won a copy of Bad Company 2.
Did you review the game when it recently came out, or did you review it long after it came out? Just wondering if it is a factor.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
F1 Racing with a four port adapter for the original Gameboy from a Doritos contest.

While it was a cool that I won, I never owned a gameboy so I never got a chance to play with the prize. I held on to it though because I've never won anything of value before (or since).

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
I racing chair with a steering wheel for Gran Turismo, they had set-up for try's who at the end of the day had best time won it all.
I WON

... Shame I don't have an PS3 XD

Flack

Brushie Brushie Brushie
Mar 14, 2008
I won a "design your own monster" $15,000 spore statue.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
A 50% share of a house and land worth a total of 2.2 million dollars.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Won my ex-girlfriend from a whole lot of other guys, I managed to get her to stick with me instead of them. Took a lot of effort.
In the end, she cost me a lot of doe on booze, food, clubs, movies, etc. So yeah, I'd call her expensive.

CrazyJew

Sep 18, 2011
Well, I won a very precious thing. I got a girlfriend. To win her I had to defeat her 7 evil ex-boyfriends. Beat that.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
What is the most expensive thing you've ever won. It could be from a lottery, or an internet competition or something else.

My one would be the year the ds lite came out. I was on holiday and we went to this crappy seaside arcade (not the good kind), I decided to have a go on this machine called Stacker. The machine was basically you had to time the stopping of a row of blocks so that it would make a tower with the blocks below. There was two kinds of prizes, a minor prize which were just keyrings and such and the major prizes which included Ipods, cameras and a ds lite. Well, on my first try, I got right up to the top and won the major prize, I decided to choose the ds lite. So basically I got a brand new DS lite for only 1 euro (I was in Spain).
Thought those was rigged so you couldn't win on them.

OT: Does money count? If so I won around 5.5k euro on a lottery ticker a few years back.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I once won a competition themed around the Big Brother reality TV show, hosted by, for some reason, the Australian Jockey Club. I spent a day hanging out with minor celebrities drinking free alcohol, and went home with a bunch of free merch at a (purported) total value of $2,500. Of course, it was AJC merchandise which is largely worthless to me, but I do have a framed race picture of a well known horse called Sunline that might be worth a few bob to a collector.

That's sadly the most valuable thing I've ever won. I think second place was a football jersey signed by the team, back in the early 90's. Unfortunately because I was a foolish child I wore it, spilled food on it, and the signatures mostly faded when it was washed. It then set in the bottom of my wardrobe for about ten years. Where it is now, I have no clue.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I won the chance to buy a Wii...I know that sounds weird, but let me explain.

I was living in Japan at the time (military brat) and the BX on base ordered Wiis in very short demand in very infrequent doses...Like...five per shipment

So the way they would do it is you would enter your name in a raffle and if you won the raffle, you were allowed to buy one for full price.

It sounds a little stupid, and it was a little stupid. But I won the raffle, and so my parents loaned me the money so I could buy a Wii and I paid them back later as I earned some cash.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Won £1,000 on bonds once, that half paid for a motorcycle, so I could get a job. Good times.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Probably the $1,500 prize (this being an approximate conversion; it was 110,000 yen, if memory serves) from a BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger tournament. Split evenly and immediately between my parents and the guy who got second place. The latter took a bit of convincing, but I tend to feel bad about winning in any case when prizes are involved, so I'm glad it worked.