Whats the most painful injury you have had from gaming?

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
My eyes feel swollen today after doing an all night with Clear Sky on my shitty computer. I'm having horrific framte rate using during large firefights, and its on Minimum settings. I need a new PC.

Death Magnetic

Aug 10, 2008
A scar on my fist from punching a 360 controller. Also I have accumulated a lot of headaches through out time from games.

-Ricky

Stoic

Aug 17, 2008
I got eye strain from Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, and it hurt. But who could of guessed, hyper speed x5 plus eye squinting equals pain.

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
Before I realized that FPS's gave me motion sickness on a consistent basis....I once got sick enough to throw up playing the 'ole Star Wars: Dark Forces game.

More recently, the weekend my friends and I got Rock Band 2 we played close to 5 hours non-stop. I was playing guitar. By the end of the night my left wrist was aching, my eyes were bugging out, and the inside of my right forearm was actually swollen and red from resting on the guitar while strumming for all that time.

The Professor

Oct 2, 2008
Backstory of friend: Hardcore gamer, one of "those guys", but also liked to pretend he could snowboard. Results: Broken arm 4 years IN A ROW. Year 2: Broke wrist, but when it was cast, it wasn't cast very well, leaving his thumb tendon rubbing against broken bone for 2 months.

Day cast came off: Went home and celebrated by playing some Smash Brothers on GameCube. Halfway through match... thumb tendon snaps. Friend looks down and says "hur hur thumb doesn't work anymore". Picks thumb up with other hand, places it back on joystick, and disappointingly, finishes 2nd. Surgery time: tendon retracted too far up arm, need to replace with part of tendon from pointer finger. Then, cast up REAL good. This is when he learned to play Smash with his palm.

Unfortunately, this isn't me, just a friend. Worst I can say is a low blow playing Wii Boxing, or the typical dizziness/nausea from Wolfenstein.

dozibee

Oct 2, 2008
-cramp in my pinky from GH2 (packet of frozen peas would have been lovely)
-an ache in my arm that lasted 2 days from a night of bunny games on wii =P

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
My brother kicked me in the back of the head after i beat his ass
in Snowball Summit in Mario Party 2
i was still laughing with his shoeprint in my head.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
A high blood presure,
I can feel my heart beat in the back of my eyeballs! ARRRGH

Dictaternutz

Sep 24, 2008
I decided it'd be a good idea for me to play Run to the Hills on Expert drums even though I fail out on medium stuff...anyway I end up having one my drumsticks fly out of my sweaty hand, bounce off the wall, and fly back into my face, leaving a nice big bruise on my forehead.

I was playing a song on guitarhero, I have a giant callous bump thing on the side of my thumb from playing to much, and the crevice on the side of the guitar from where it's held together, cut open the callous and caught my thumb by a chunk of skin........ow.

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
A. Guitar Hero breaking my fingers. I could only get halfway though expert on GH2. Immpossible for me to move on.

B. Tales of Vesperia. I am always trying to build up my hit combo record. I get so into it at times, such as mashing the A button to extend my mystic artes, that I get broken thumbs, as well as VERY bad light headedness.

Catballs

Dec 30, 2007
When I won my first game in the Mario kart: double dash I was so happy I threw my hands in the air and while they fell, my thumb went straight into my eye.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
the "press X not to die" sequence in MGS2. the digit between the base of my thumb and my wrist LOCKED worse than a bad thread, and I was forced to drop the controller, causing that little lilly-F4G Raiden to die.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
hmm, when playing mario cart i have the A button imprinted in my thumb :p
also when playing guitar hero ds, i couldnt hold things in my hand for the rest of the day

but no id say the worst injury ive had whilst gaming was getting a stich in my side, a bruise on my leg, and a huge bump on my head from playing mario&sonic olympics and loosing control of the wii remote XD

oh wait also i think i may be getting arthritis because of the way i hold my ps2 controller when playing dynasty warriors, now i keep cracking my wrists, like how some people can crack thier fingers :p

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
The N64's hard plastic analogue stick. Mario Party. The discovery that your palm can twirl the analogue stick faster than your thumb can.
This. I wore a bloody hole in the middle of my hand.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
HSIAMetalKing post=9.72988.782204 said:
The N64's hard plastic analogue stick. Mario Party. The discovery that your palm can twirl the analogue stick faster than your thumb can.
This. I wore a bloody hole in the middle of my hand.
wow this is a REALLY common one.
and yes, I'm still missing divots of flesh from my palm :D

Balgus

Jul 15, 2008
i blame my crappy vision on gaming and also while playing burnout 2 at the start of the race the x and square boost start trick gave me a few blisters

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Wii-strain, last Saturday at my friend's house. Damn you Wii-tennis!

Skarvey

Sep 3, 2008
Ok, would you believe playing some SWAT team game with a friend at the arcade
Friend(holding sub machine gun): Dude, where's the melee button?
Me: What melee button?
Friend: Maybe if i go like...::swings the freakin' gun::
Me: What the...::whacked in the temple::

This was the first time I ever played an arcade game where I died before my character did.