What's the most you've ever been dissapointed by a game?

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Bioshock 2. And the thing is that I don't know what it did wrong. It just felt... really boring.

No no! Wait! I have a better one:
[HEADING=1]FREAKING SPORE[/HEADING]

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
One second. Let me prepare for my fellow Escapists to be very, very angry at me.

...Okay, I think I'm ready.

I was really disappointed by Oblivion. I heard a lot of hype for it, both on this site and elsewhere. I'm a huge RPG fan. And so I went into Oblivion with happy feelings, hoping to find a new addiction.

I just couldn't get into it. The game sat on my shelf for 3 years (with the constant justification that "I'll get back to it," despite the fact that I quickly abandoned it every time I popped it back in) until I finally just sold it.

So... yeah. That.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
Wuggy said:
Bioshock 2. And the thing is that I don't know what it did wrong. It just felt... really boring.

No no! Wait! I have a better one:
[HEADING=1]FREAKING SPORE[/HEADING]
I... I feel your pain. A bit.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Final fantasy X-2

The first game was a lovely, sad, sombre kind of game. The sequel turned the woman who was willing to sacrifice her life to save the world into a pop singer whose powers came from the wonders of CHANGING OUTFITS!

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
Mass Effect. All the hype gave me impression that i'll play something 100x times better than Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, Fallout and Deus Ex all together. And all i got was dull, linear product with bad voice acting, uninteresting protagonist. Why ? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War

It was riding a huge train of hopes and dreams since the first game was like my favourite ever and I was too young an naive to know that things like Deus Ex can't be topped.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Painkiller. After the ZP video, I was very disappointed with the game itself. Just didn't hold for to me.

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Eternal Sonata

I was so hyped for this game. An RPG inspired by Chopin, my favorite classical composer? Cool! Too bad the story was awful. I have never seen such a vast collection of unlikeable protagonists as there was in this game. Ever character you have is either annoying or stupid, and all conflicts in the game occur because the characters consistently pick the worst possible option in every situation. Gameplay is fine, the graphics are beautiful and the music is to die for, but everytime any character starts talking it's either a pretentious monologue about life that tries but fails to be profound, or a heavy handed social commentary that boils down to "war is bad - we should have peace instead of war!". Wow, how insightful. NOT. Either that, or they make a stupid decision and try to explain why it was a good idea, which always illicits the same response from me: "THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!" Eternal Sonata is a grand example of a potentially great game ruined by bad story.

SmilingWorlock

Knowledge is power.
Oct 22, 2010
Spore. I was young, and hyped, and I saw all this huge videos in game magazines where you would run around in a jungle with fighting dinosaurs ten times your size and everything - and then it was brown boring shit.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Bioshock. Yes, the first one. Yes, I am serious.

I just didnt think it was anything special. The whole time I was sitting there thinking "Its going to get awesome any time around now!" It never did get awesome.

I am disappoint.
Same for me. It just didn't interest me. I had really hoped for more.

Also: GTA IV. Sure, it wasn't a bad game, but it just wasn't the GTA game I had been hoping for.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Resident Evil 5. After Playing it I was kinda annoyed at how it was an action game with nothing scary in it, they ruined Wesker's character in the game, and had a shit inventory system.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Fallout 3. It's the last game I ever bought 'blind' (i.e. knowing virtually nothing about it except what was on the box) and in a shop. It sounded good, it looked great... and the awful character animations, slow and unintuitive shooting and constant crashing just killed it for me.

In some other reality there's a Fallout 3 that was made with a good FPS engine, and that game is probably in my all time top 10.